PDA

View Full Version : ULT speculation

afrankart
09-14-2003, 08:02 AM
I was doing a little tuning to my LV X yesterday, with a good paint match, I was getting +-3 fps over the chrono, shooting at 290 fps. I put in my normal X-valve on/off and shot some more. When I put it to the chrono, it was every bit as consistent, but the velocity was consistently around 275. I thought that was odd, so I rechrono'd it another 40 times or so. The same. I then put the ULT back in, chrono'd it quite a few times, and my velocity was back up @ 290ish. This leads me to believe that the ULT actually improves efficiency slightly due to the higher fps at the same input. I wonder if Tom knows about this?;) If anyone disagrees and have found otherwise, or if you have noticed similar results, tell me about it. If my speculation is infact true, AGD should market the ULT not only as the lightest mech trigger, but also as an efficiency improvement over their RT on/offs. I want to hear what you guys have to say.

AGD
09-14-2003, 11:26 AM
I have no idea why it would do that.

AGD

WARPED1
09-14-2003, 01:20 PM
Something to study Tom?;)

RenagadeOfFunk
09-14-2003, 01:22 PM
...indeed....doesn't even know he is getting better at what he does...in the future he will be making a marker that shoots 200 yards farther than before...and then he'll be like "I have no idea why it would do that."