PDA

View Full Version : Revvy Mod

SteelSoul
09-15-2003, 12:43 PM
Hey I want to power my reevy offline
The door broke that holds in my 9 volts so, instead of buying a new shell I want to take my power and go offline wid it.
I run a remote si I can run my power up the remote line..
Here is the question,,
what would be the best way to get the power to the board??

thanks
Steel

ZyperioN
09-15-2003, 02:48 PM
the best thing to do is just buy a new shell for $8, what your trying to do is completely senseless in my mind. you'll spend more money and time trying to save yourself the weight of 2 little 9vlt's than it would take to just get new shells, or maybe just a new door.

SteelSoul
09-15-2003, 07:16 PM
dang i just wanted to know how,,, it's not a money thing I could go buy a freaking warp feed and a HALO. I just want to make this thing diffrent
I have all the parts I was just looking for some ideas

Peace

Nothing like crushing ideas

:mad:

FooTemps
09-15-2003, 07:28 PM
what gun do you have? if it's an electro then maybe you could route that to the revy. I high reccomend against it unless you have a emag though.

RenagadeOfFunk
09-15-2003, 07:34 PM
I highly reccomend you get me a Halo and a warp ;)

ZyperioN
09-15-2003, 08:24 PM
Yeah buddy im not trying to crush your idea, im just saying it's not worth it. There's nothing to gain from doing it.

SteelSoul
09-15-2003, 08:29 PM
I have the RT in my tag
I run a remote 9 time out of ten so I want to make a remote setup for my Revvy
I had this idea of make a dual box that I can attach next to my 114 ci tank on my buttpak, then run the power cable up the inside of my coil remote to my grip frame
Then link the power up to the reevvy some how
The thing that is kicking my butt is how to make the "insert" to fit in my revvy,,
I can do a few things here
Make a insert that fits just like the 2 9 volts and press them up there, that way I can change back and forth so if I want to play hyper ball wid out my remote I can.
Or yank the dang connectors out of the board and hard wire in the power cable ..
just looking for a sound board,,
Just wait until I start talking about my carbon fiber thing :)

Steel

FooTemps
09-15-2003, 08:54 PM
that isn't worth it one bit.

ZyperioN
09-16-2003, 02:50 PM
good im not the only one that thinks so.........i thought i was missing something there for a second:confused:

Jeremizzle
10-11-2003, 09:08 PM
Well, maybe you could get two little wires, and connect them to two little 9volt batteries on your harness. Then run the wires up your remote throught the revvie onto the metal conducters to the board. It'd be fun to try.

FooTemps
10-11-2003, 09:47 PM
but why try? It's just 4 wires more stuff to carry, and why not just keep it in your revy? If you move it outside of there, it's only one more thing to screw up.

btw: I'm not trying to shoot you down to diss on you or anything, I'm just using common sense to explain why this isn't really worth anything.

f3rr3+
10-16-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by ZyperioN
Yeah buddy im not trying to crush your idea, im just saying it's not worth it. There's nothing to gain from doing it.

its the workshop not everything is completely nessacary im sure he already thought about that. if you dont like his idea dont comment... at least with something that adds so little to the thread other then a "negative vibe"

frost
10-17-2003, 05:31 PM
come on guys dont be spamin on someones idea like he said it not the point of it bein easier for him to buy new shells! dude go for! i dont have any ideas but hey whatever gets u goin!

knodeoff
10-19-2003, 07:24 PM
there is no point at all man. it would be useless the remote will get in the way and possibly pull your revie off the gun.

knode

knodeoff
10-19-2003, 07:26 PM
if you are still hell bent on running a remote to your revie i may have an idea. ill get back to you. or try to contact me.

knode

ExtremeODD
10-19-2003, 08:59 PM
hmm if u do this instead of like 2 9v, have like 6!!!! since it would be on ur waist weight wouldnt be too bad, and ur feeding would be mad crazy MUAHA

Slimm Jimm
10-20-2003, 07:32 PM
i wouldn't run the wire through the remote, but around the hose of the remote so you don't have to worry as much about breaking the connection while your running. clip the wires in the loader and save them for if you ever decide to do without the battery remote, attach a couple of wire connectors to the ends, and then use some sort of headphone type jack (can't think of the name) to be able to quickly attach and detach from the remote when your not playing. depending on the gun, you might run into a problem of getting the wires to the loader without interfering with you grip so you don't pull the wires off.

on another note, if you know a guy that's good with electronics, he might be able to put together a deal that could run gun, loader and a warp off of 3 or four batteries, and therefore save money on batteries. i think the idea is worth pursuing.

SteelSoul
10-21-2003, 12:17 PM
I even forgot that I posted this here,, LOL

Well this is what I ended up doing

I went to Frys and got a project box and hooked up 4 9v
Ran the Wire through the remote " Its a coiled remote" and then ran it up through the gripframe and up into the Rev

Works grate and it does what I want

So I am done that that,,

Now onto the next project

intellie feed and my eggy 2

Have no idea yet

Oh btw My son broke my feed tube off my mag so I am sending it in to get it fixed, and I told the wife it was broke forever and I have to buy a new ULE body :)

isnt life grand