PDA

View Full Version : tippmann-cocker(almost done)

kapaintballman
09-15-2003, 07:15 PM
hey all, u may have read about the tippmann cocker i was building, i finally got all the hoses and fittings in about 2 weeks ago, and i have been tinkering, re building, doing this and that trying 2 get the thing 2 work. I am very close. the first way i set up the 3 way was a simple metal frame the held the 3-way under the trigger frame, then a metal rod connected 2 the trigger went down, and connected 2 the 3 way so when u pulled the triggger it pulled the 3 way, this kinda works, its a little flimsy. i can prolly re-enforce it, but does any1 have any ideas on how 2 mount the 3-way so it is a lot more stabler, and looks a lil stabler and better, then jus having it all super glued and j-b welded 2gether? no idea is a dumb one! i will have pics soon wen i get my d*** digital camera working ~lata!

aut911
09-16-2003, 12:09 AM
if it is atall possible mount the valve inside the grip frame. make a bracket inide the frame and work from there. in my opinion it looks much cleaner and your work is protected by the grips.

aut

kapaintballman
09-16-2003, 02:49 PM
hey, thats a good idea, ill take a look at it and see if i can fit the 3-way inside of there, thanks man, keep the ideas comming

paintballbeaver
09-16-2003, 05:40 PM
yeah just use the existing hole for the rt. and drill a hole in the bottom of the trigger reverse the hoses on the 3 way and youll be done :)

kapaintballman
09-16-2003, 08:54 PM
ya, everything fits and stuff, but im still stuck on my other problem, how do i get the gun 2 shoot before the 3-way is actuated, and the front bolt comes back? my and my dad r conjuring up this plan with like a lil plunger thing, but the trigger pull will be HELLA long

aut911
09-16-2003, 08:58 PM
attach a rod to the trigger and have it ajusted( thread the rod) to where when the trigger is pulled all the way and the gun is fired it hits the three-way and opens the bolt back up. now i am assuming that the bolt and the hammer are totally seperate and you just mounted a ram on the top of the body. Am i correct or did you design an entirely new valve?

aut

kapaintballman
09-17-2003, 05:21 PM
see, that is wat i tried be4, and it jus wouldnt work, i couldnt get it set up right. and yes that is how my design is. see now im thinkin, like i will have a rode attached 2 the 3 way right, and then that goes 2 the trigger, and where the rod goes into the trigger, instead of jus a hole, im thinkin of makin like a slot, so that the trigger can travel like 1/4 inch, and shoot, before it actually pulls out the 3-way thinger. do u think that would work?

kapaintballman
09-17-2003, 05:23 PM
the only thing wrong i can think about it is that the trigger pull would be super long

UltimatePaintballer
09-17-2003, 07:50 PM
post pics, i want to see it!!!

kapaintballman
09-17-2003, 07:59 PM
im gettin there my cmaera isnt set up yet, i havnt had time 2 do it with all this work on my gun im doing

UltimatePaintballer
09-17-2003, 08:18 PM
but right now does the gun look like crap or cool:confused:

kapaintballman
09-17-2003, 08:32 PM
well it looks pretty screwed up right now, wen i get everything done, im ganna take it apart and paint it really nice. but this is wat i jus did 2 night.....
ok, my friend gave me an autococker front block. so i cut it in half right, and then cut out part that is threaded 4 the 3-way. then i drille a hole in it, and bolte it 2 and already existing hole that is there 2 hold the gun 2gether above, and in front of the trgger. then i jus screwed the 3-way on. this looks a lot better, and is a lot stabler then my first design (i kinda scrapped th idea of puttin the 3-way in the grip wen i thought of this, jus cus it seemed easier 2 me) and i made the trigger pull super long, and cut a slot in the trigger, so now i have 2 set some rod thing up 2 go from the 3-way 2 the trigger, and do adjustments and stuff, and it should work, i hope. keep the suggestions comeing, u guys r prolly 10 times smarter then me im only a "junior" member lol

UltimatePaintballer
09-17-2003, 08:42 PM
it doesn't matter if your a junior member, im a "senior member" and have the iq of a 8year old:(. jk but i could never do that, good job:D

kapaintballman
09-22-2003, 08:32 PM
ok, 2day i finally go it working. and it works so awesome, you wouldnt believe. it shoots so accurate, and it is pretty reliable, and has an OK rate of fie, like 7BPS, mainly cus the trigger is long and hard, but thats ok, it shoots! lol. ill have pics soon

NoFearPaintballer
09-24-2003, 12:16 PM
Wow i got a spare tippman and many spare cocker parts tell me how to build one just pm me

maybe i can find a way to shorten the pull/ or make it better