PDA

View Full Version : Emag trigger rod stick

Tyril
09-15-2003, 10:14 PM
I'm a bit new to the world of the emag, and have noticed a few strange things occuring on my older #280's SN emag.

First off, the gun fires beautifully in emode, crazy-light trigger and the works.

However, in pure mechanical mode, after about 30 or so trigger pulls, occtionally my trigger rod will stick. Basically, it will depress and fire (I think), but then not pop back out when I release it. I can fix this problem most often by simply pressing hard again on the trigger, causing the rod to go all the way back in, fire and usually pop back out again.

I have heard this might be associated with the tight level 10 carrier I seemingly must run in order to be leak-free. Unfortunately, I am out of gas at the moment, so I'd like to compile a list of things I can use to troubleshoot next time I'm at the field.

This defect is extremely minor, and considering that I use emode almost exclusively, I have not bothered to look into it until recently. (I've decided to sell it, and want everything working 100% for the prospective buyer).

Thanks for your help.

-mike

athomas
09-16-2003, 08:26 AM
You are getting sticking in the on/off pin. What o-ring are you using above the on/off top? You should be using the quad o-ring. Some of the earlier emags used the regular urethane o-ring on top. This was found to be a cause of sticking with the shorter on/off pin of the emag.

If that isn't the problem, take the on/off assembly apart and clean and oil it. Check the o-rings and pin for blemishes.