PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else read the PB2X article on the Fallen Angels?

DiRTyBuNNy
09-15-2003, 11:57 PM
Yes...I know you're half expecting me to just go off on them...so hold your horses and hear me out...I like it...yes...take a deep breath (Josh, Bill, John, and every other PB celebrity that I irked with my Femmes comments)...I do respect the FA's...and I have for a long time (and no Magman..it's not because I think Sarah's hot...you think Sarah's hot...I know she's jailbait). They seemed articulate and intelligent and I have seen how these girls have given back to the sport in the past. I've been around paintball quite a long time, and I remember back when the FA's were a novelty (not because the are the novelty but because a woman's team was such a novel idea at a time when Karen Barber was the only female celebrity in paintball) and they have shown that they are a team to be reckoned with that can produce on the field. I've never had a chance to meet them but i do admire their grit and determination to show that they aren't just a "girl team" (that and they LOVE cockers...hahahaha). So I just wanted to know what everyone else thought of the interview. I also wanted to say I thought it was a lot more well done than the female interviews in this months PGI ('cept for CaPo) and that for some reason I swear Bea had my voice in her head when she not only asked the FA's but alsoSonny Lopez why the team shouldn't be thought of as a novelty because they are women (after my FF's debacle I swear everyone must be thinking of me when the question comes out...but oh well...I'm not an interviewer...at least not yet..hahhaha...hey Bea...wanna hook a bunny up?)

manike
09-16-2003, 03:39 AM
I haven't read the article but I did get to play with them at Mardi Gras 2000 and had a blast. :D

CodeMA
09-16-2003, 07:43 AM
I read it and still have it here by my puter with the other stack....anyway....

Artical was great.... the pics near the front not directly connected to the interview were great too(ok...we have Bud there on the Harly with the FA....)great photo shoot....

Bea knows what shes talking about, and has been there as well.....If Im not mastaken....she wants to kill such sterotypes, as they are BS....we all know which ones are simply beautifull faces and which ones are true ballers....some dont see this, they only look skin deep....this needs to stop...Bea knows this....I know this...and I would like to think many others do....

overall the artical was great as always.....great job Bea!

again the photo layouts were good...could have used a wee bit more action shots...but Im not gonna complain too much I guess hehe

cphilip
09-16-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by manike
I did get to play with them at Mardi Gras 2000 and had a blast. :D

Ummmm.... and how was the Paintball? :eek:

manike
09-16-2003, 08:02 AM
Go and buy some sweeties...

JEDI
09-16-2003, 08:20 AM
Any one heard of the Valkeries? I'm not sure how local they are. Their a girls team that I recently watched play at one of the Global paintball events. I hate to draw attention to their skills, just because they're girls, but they rocked! I was impressed with their movement, and their speed up the feild.

I'm sure I could run over a good amount of girls toting markers, but these chicks had my respect. I know I'll think twice if we're matched against them at the next event. I think womens paintball is up and coming. Hopefully soon we'll have more mixed teams and what not...

Thordic
09-16-2003, 08:22 AM
They aren't jailbait in Jersey, DB. :)

But anyway, yeah, I've met them on multiple occassions, played with them a few times, and they are really cool. I havn't seen the article, but congratulations to them.

manike
09-16-2003, 08:46 AM
We also have the Fat Lady's Charms over here who are going from strenght to strenght. They made the semi finals at the Campaign Cup and looked damn good doing it.

Oh and Anya is just lovely!!! I think they are in this months Facefull.

Strider
09-16-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by JEDI
Any one heard of the Valkeries? I'm not sure how local they are. Their a girls team that I recently watched play at one of the Global paintball events. I hate to draw attention to their skills, just because they're girls, but they rocked! I was impressed with their movement, and their speed up the feildWhere were they from?

DiRTyBuNNy
09-16-2003, 01:19 PM
well..I wasn't too high on the non-paintball shots in article...it made them look like just about every female mallrat teenager here in California..but oh well...

As for the Fat Lady Charms and Anya...she's so nice I'd like to see her twice..hahahaha..

JEDI
09-16-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Strider
Where were they from?

Not sure. Somewhere in the New York/metro area.

SyntaxError
09-16-2003, 07:19 PM
The Valkyries are from Maryland, we've played them at Del Hobbies. Dizzy is an animal:D

And yeah, Sarah is very hot, and unfortunately for you old guys not jailbait for me!:p