PDA

View Full Version : **The grade i got on my PB paper**

MattG
09-16-2003, 05:12 PM
Hey guys! I would just like to say that you guys did a great job but you only got a 78!! Yes my teacher is a retard and she returned this paper 14 days after it was turned in (personal record nornmal for her its a month). Hey long live public schooling! This is just a regular on-level 10th grade lit class. Here is the first thread. http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100388

But hey thanks again guys!

elpimpo
09-16-2003, 05:24 PM
yeah shes probly one of those teachers that never give an a i mean come on it was a creative paper about pb why doesnt that deserve an a. freakin nazi

edweird
09-16-2003, 07:22 PM
Honestly I am highly suprised that she did not just write "Your going to shoot your eye out" and hand it back to you...

f3rr3+
09-16-2003, 07:25 PM
i would expect you to get a a... its b/ b-... tops...

elpimpo
09-16-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by edweird
Honestly I am highly suprised that she did not just write "Your going to shoot your eye out" and hand it back to you...

lmao

cris8762
09-16-2003, 07:44 PM
I'm sorry but that was not as long as a sophmore english paper should be

if it was supposed to be that short then ok it was decent, but if not then you need to spread out your ideas

if i was someone grading that "paper" and i had 100 papers to read, i would skim that quickly, say "too flowery and confusing" and give it a C

just my opinion

pbzmag
09-16-2003, 07:48 PM

Is you name Ralph? ;)

Snapps
09-16-2003, 07:57 PM
and if it is, why did you leave ur friend with his toungue stuck to the pole, you insidious "friend".....

elpimpo
09-16-2003, 08:09 PM
i tripple dog dare you

rehme
09-16-2003, 08:42 PM

best christmas movie ever!

GoatBoy
09-17-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by cris8762
I'm sorry but that was not as long as a sophmore english paper should be

if it was supposed to be that short then ok it was decent, but if not then you need to spread out your ideas

if i was someone grading that "paper" and i had 100 papers to read, i would skim that quickly, say "too flowery and confusing" and give it a C

just my opinion

I'd have to agree with you here.

I wouldn't even call this a 'paper'. You'd have to quadruple-space it and include an illustration just to get it to fill a page.

Meph
09-17-2003, 02:32 PM
Reminds me of Strongbad Email #64 (http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail64.html)

The Yellow Darts' Englilish paper! With a little double space action. Errrr.... some tripple space action. And them some money taped on the back to seal the deal!

dinger
09-17-2003, 02:47 PM
2 weeks ago we were assigned to do a "Descriptive Essay" in which you DESCRIPTIVELY describe a moment or scene. it was due yesterday, and since im a loaf i forgot about it and turned it in today:( and since my bro didn't get off the comp, i fell asleep, and then did it in the 40 minutes i had before the bus came. its 1 page long, and just describes a paintball game. i WOULD post it, but my computer is CRAPPY AND OUTDATED [cough*momgetmeanewcomp*cough] and therefore i cant copy and paste it :( plus its too long for me to retype :p even though it is double spaced

cant wait to see the F i get :(

SlartyBartFast
09-17-2003, 03:36 PM
Hmm, don't flame the teacher. You think they enjoy grading papers after all the kids go home or having to do grading at home?

I was an English tutor in college, and write for a living now. I don't know how the "paper" compared to others and don't know the specifics of your class or the assignment.

But....

If I was you I'd be VERY glad of the mark you got.
:rolleyes:

-=Squid=-
09-17-2003, 05:05 PM
Its by no means bad, but I think you are lucky to have gotten a high C. My english teacher would have given that something like a low C. The opening sentence wasnt that great, kinda poorly worded in parts. But hey, its PB! Who cares! I love somehow writing my essays and transforming them into the topic of PB!

RoadDawg
09-17-2003, 05:42 PM
I had a college paper last year that I wrote on PB. The paper was about "defending a item that has been given a bad image" I included the examples of the, then recent death, down in Orange County last year. I ended up with a 95/100. My teacher who is anti gun actually wrote on my paper saying "Good job, made me want to go play!" So you just have to get the right flow and everything and you can get high grades on it.

Infratracide
09-17-2003, 07:54 PM
I got an 98% on my 10th grade Research paper, its topic was the history of paintball. Ill post it if anyone is interested.

-=Squid=-
09-17-2003, 08:18 PM
I had to do a research paper, and I did mine on the SMG - 60 :D