PDA

View Full Version : RT leaking can't figure it out

Pacifist_Farmer
09-16-2003, 07:40 PM
Before you say there are a billion threads about peoples guns leaking and every answer I need is already up here, I've read them all and tried everything I could

Heres the deal, I just got my RT back from AGD they gave it the once over, replaced all the orings and all that Jazz, I thought it was getting a new rail but I guess not

I gased it up in delight and the gun was fine, I only shot it once or twice, the remote-gun adapter was leaking so I degased and teflon taped it up, walla! no leaking, at the remote-to-gun spot that is!

The air is now streaming through my gun. I thought a piece of oring might have gone through the bolt/valve etc. so I stripped it down and checked every oring and moving part of that sucker. Its nice and clean but it still leaks

I have checked every possible position on the velocity adjuster....nothing

I checked to make sure the on/off valve is ok...there are no visible problems

I have tried the two springs i have ....neither works

Please, any other suggestions?:confused:

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
09-16-2003, 08:03 PM
Oil that baby up

Pacifist_Farmer
09-16-2003, 08:05 PM
This gun is as wet as they get... within reason...every oring in that sucker and some not in it got a little oil

and still she leaks

Dayspring
09-16-2003, 11:31 PM
Level 10?

Pacifist_Farmer
09-17-2003, 07:41 AM
I wish I had a lvl 10 in there....

BlackVCG
09-17-2003, 10:59 AM
First thing for debugging a leak is to pull and hold the trigger and listen for a leak and let the gun sit and listen for a leak.

What happens when you do this?

Pacifist_Farmer
09-17-2003, 11:10 AM
When i gas the gun up, in this case when i crank down on the remote, the gas goes into and out of the gun, through the bolt/valve, no matter if the trigger is pulled or not

I can get a little popping sound when i adjust the velocity, kinda sounds like the gun is trying to catch but wont.

maybe i should say that it doesnt remind me of previous leaks, it seems like the air is just flowing through the gun

xen_100
09-17-2003, 12:20 PM
if pulling the trigger does nothing for stopping the leak, then your on/off o-ring is bad.......new or not, it is bad.

Remington
09-17-2003, 12:34 PM
Sorry to interrupt your thread Pacifist, but are you coming to AO NE Day IV (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99426)? Hope to see you there! :D

P.S.
If you're still having problems by Saturday bring it down and I'm sure one of us will be able to fix it.

BlackVCG
09-17-2003, 03:59 PM
Sounds like you're not hitting the valve with hard enough of an air burst. This is a common problem for RT valves that don't have o-rings that are quite set in yet. Most common with new guns and ones that have had an o-ring overhaul.

The first thing to do is push and hold back on the bolt as hard as possible with a long wooden dowel or something similar. Gas up the gun and if it seals, then you need to figure out a way to gas up the gun faster to get the seals to "seat" and not have the free streaming leak that is giving you a problem.

Pacifist_Farmer
09-17-2003, 05:34 PM
Alright...I appreciate the help you guys..I wont have time to work on it again till tomorrow some time but I'll let you know if I make any progress

As for AO-NE ...I want to go, so ah what the hell i probably will, will i get funny looks if I have to use my spyder back up :)

oh and my activities coordinator says I'm playing, i think shes getting sick of me

Pacifist_Farmer
09-17-2003, 05:40 PM
alright I lied i worked on it, and apparently the magic elves like me again, it works!

I still cant get it too work with the remote though
oh well

AO-NE here i come!!

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
09-17-2003, 05:53 PM
lol well if it works on a tank on the gun then stick to it, a coil remote (i think that you were trying out) is like a really large expansion chamber, you lose psi , it could have been that, not enought pressure to seal it ? perhaps

Pacifist_Farmer
09-17-2003, 06:12 PM
Thats is gonna be the problem i think, sadly I'm much happier with the tank on my butt

trxtr
09-20-2003, 12:17 AM
I couldn't help but notice your "boycott SP..." message. Yet, you bought their barrel condom? which begs the question...which girl did you get?;)