PDA

View Full Version : cpsa 9/14 @ fox feedback

pur rage
09-16-2003, 08:07 PM
fox paintball was proud to host the last event and would like any feedback about how you thought it went. we spent alot of money on 2 ultimate airball fields and completely renevating the other 2 fields. every one who has played should know about fox paintball and if you havent heard about us we are not spending enough $$$ on advertising. fox could very well be hosting the november event so hopefully players will get to play the zipper field. with only 26 teams on 9/14 only 4 fields were played. any suggestions are welcome as to what you would like to see at the next event. sorry no flushable toilets or catered food.

Spaceman613
09-16-2003, 10:35 PM
Well, we know if its CPSA prizes are not gonna happen.

Id play a tourney there anytime. Orbital liked the fields, just had a crap day.

taller nets, you NEED taller nets so the doghouse wont bounce paint into the cars... We took a lot of hits

SkeL
09-17-2003, 12:20 AM
reffing was ok?

Spaceman613
09-17-2003, 07:52 AM
I thought reffing was ok. We got a couple calls we didnt agree with, but this was the best reffed cpsa so far.

I was very happy to see the games start in a timely manner and the pre and post game chatter was kept to the minimum.

A to the G-Dizzle
09-17-2003, 10:10 AM
I don't understand why you guys stick the AM players on those gay pallet fields. I've been playin this series for 4 yrs. now and the respect for the AM players has dropped tremendously. In the earlier events such as the one at Sudden Impact, they had us playing stick bunkers and dead trees. Whats up with that? The AM players are the ones most likely to be playing Sup Air and Hyperball more than anything, so when they sign up for this series your gonna stick them on the nastiest, most overgrown, under cared for fields??? Sorry, if I would have knew that when I signed up I wouldn't have wasted my money and time attending these events.

Thats just the way I feel.

Spaceman613
09-17-2003, 10:15 AM
Ill cry ya a river ;)

honestly, the series has not fullfilled MANY of the things that were supposed to have been done.

and just so ya know, the Sudden Impact field wasnt even a field until the day before when Forest called and said he wanted another field..

SI had to completely construct a field in less than 12 hours. THATS the bogus thing for that event. Rockford got way with 3 fields and SI was forced to have FIVE fields. Thats not right.

I doubt we will be playing next year in the cpsa unless things change. At least we wont be doing the same things we are this year, we may change the way WE play it to have some more fun and waste less money.

A to the G-Dizzle
09-17-2003, 10:25 AM
I bet your playing novice, right? I think some of those teams need to grow some balls and step up to Am. Someone better cry me a damn river because playing with my money is like playing with my emotions.

Whatchu thinkin' esse? Don't you know I'm loco????

Spaceman613
09-17-2003, 10:35 AM
Preaching to the choir... I think some of the nov teams do need to step up. Are we one of those teams? not sure, but if we were told to do that, we would.

And yes, we have been screwed out of money. We were promised a challenge cup with great prizes... Where is it? We were promised prizes at each event, where are they?

We were told that more sponsors would be involved this year, thats a joke. We were told that paint would be better. Uh huh, we know that one.

and in case you didnt notice the lil smiley next to the crying statement, it was made in jest.

And I still dont understand WHY the ams didnt play the hyperball field at Sudden.....

Bottom line is that we all have been misled this year. Ams get screwed becuaser they have 4 teams playing. Novs get screwed because of sandbagging. We all get screwed, so what are we supposed to do?

IF Forrest has this "captains meeting" to discuss next year lets be honest to him. We dont want to come back to get screwed. Give us a series and fullfill the obligations, or give us and our fields money back. Put money where your mouth is.

I think the FIELDS are doing a great job. i think the promoter isnt holding up his end of the bargain.

A to the G-Dizzle
09-17-2003, 01:00 PM
Sorry Dude, I don't know who you play for nor do I care. I just want more teams to step up and play.

SkeL
09-22-2003, 02:51 PM
up

White_Noise
09-22-2003, 04:03 PM
as a member of Rush, i was very surprised at some of the calls made by the refs in the division 1 novice games. i got hit one game, looked, saw no paint, a ref called me out, after the game, i still never found the break where the ref said it was. also, one apponent was able to take out me and a teamate after having been hit several times in the chest. i mean come on, he should have called himself out, but theyre were like 8 refs on the field, and you mean to tell me that none of them saw him get hit?:(

Spaceman613
09-22-2003, 04:06 PM
we had a few of those "disapearing ink" hits also.

sometimes we get refs that dont pull people no matter what, and this time they pull them on bounces... I guess we have to take the good with the bad.

White_Noise
09-22-2003, 04:08 PM
yeah, i see what your saying, being my first tourny with the team however, i expected more from the refs in the series. guess i know what to expect next time

Oddball
09-22-2003, 04:36 PM
Hey

Only 26 teams played this event? I have only played the first CPSA event of this year (at operation paintball I think) but we (Pride) had played this series for the past 3 years. Last year there must have been about 40 - 50 teams per event. It is too bad the series looks like it is going down hill. Hopefully things get turned around for next year.

SkeL
09-22-2003, 11:57 PM
Which field were all these "bad" calls on?

SkeL
09-26-2003, 03:47 PM
up, I'd like to hear more feedback.

trixx75
09-26-2003, 05:14 PM
Wassabi

White_Noise
09-28-2003, 09:28 PM
hey skel....the bad calls i had made on me and oponents were made on field 1