PDA

View Full Version : lookin for a new gun-need some advice

wdyer14
09-16-2003, 09:20 PM
I recently bought a 2k3 angel lcd and its a great gun,but I'm goingto the front and in practice I just don't like the feel when moving bunker to bunker.I know this is an imposssible question due to personal preferences ,but I just need some input from people with some time under their belt.I tried pb review ,but reviews are to bias.Everybody either gives a 10 or a 1 based on what they own.Spider guys dog tippmans,angel guys hate mags (usually) it's just crap.I was thinking RT mag,because I love mine,but I have a preset 800 tank and wonder about trigger pull and rectivity.If it is like my intelliframe mag thats ok.I was also looking at ICD's.I just want a better rate of fire than my mag now,while keeping it dependable.It is a 3 man team so in front chopping is not an option for me.

thanks in advance

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
09-16-2003, 10:49 PM
I think you should go with the rt pro as a front player. You don't really need the speed of an electro for front as compared to playing back. The rt is small and easy to play tite with. As far as the reactivity...I have a x-valved automag and a preset pure energy tank ( it's either 800 or 850...can't remember) I didn't have issues with going into runaway or sweet spoting the trigger. Maybe I'm just not talanted enough to find the spot, but then again I never really tried to. The rof of the rt is great and with the level 10 chopping isn't an issue. I quit carrying my squeg all together. Hope that helps

wdyer14
09-16-2003, 10:57 PM
Thats along the lines of my thinking as well.I just didn't know about trigger pull,because nobody around here has one to try.If I'm not mistaken I read the ule trigger can be used on rt mags,but how do you know if you have the correct valve.I've scanned the site and probaly just overlooked it somewhere.Lastly what does an rt weigh compared to the classic in my sig.Normaly I wouldn't care but I play a lot of topgun series and carry my gun allday.
thanks again guys.

srrdude
09-16-2003, 11:01 PM
*sighs*

Ok- ive had an rt, a timmy, a shocker, a few cockers, spyders, a matrix, and tomorrow brings my impact ir3.

Things to consider- choosing from the big guns

I have played with several lcds, and once the trigger is set up right (if you are me basically:D ) they rip. They ahve better balance and this feel much lighter than a matrix.

A matrix is a great gun. As you can see in my sig, its pretty big and cumbersome. Its very fast, and if set right (this is one where being me isnt such an advantage) by some inhuman airsmith, it can pinch a hair. Otherwise it can be a blender (course what cant when you use a 12vt....)
The biggest problem with a trix is gas consumption. Its pathetic... since your a front guy you prob dont use as much as me (i play back a lot) and it may not be such a problem, but its really annoying. also, when i do play front (the other half of the time)and dive or slide, anything that nicks the lpr can set it off. anything in the slightest and that can give bolt stick and chopping. Not cool. especially when you lose air while the bolt is stuck in the forward position.

Timmies- timmies are suped up spyders, but i love em anyways. They are all good (since theyre the same) and very light... i just dont like gzs. The frame seems cheap. Overall timmies are very solid, generally low pressure guns. Good for any position. Id wait on one though since they come out every month and the next REAL NEW timmies (2k4s, empires) come out soon.

Rts- Rts are reactive if you use higher pressures
i can bounce em really fast but its cheap.. bouncing just aint right. if you set it up where you can bounce if you try hard enough, its pretty much worthless, because you cant start up fast enough. instead of an rt, get an emag. Much nicer trigger.

Icds- 2k3 bkos (the ones with the humback frames) are capped at 14.9. Thats surprisingly fast, its just a little less than my constant left walking (about 16 on my trix and ir3). I played with one last saturday and it was reliable and decently fast. Its worthy of a 3 man front player.
- new b2k3s have optional eyes and are capped at a higher rate (dont remember what it is), so its a good bet too.

Impies- GRRRR dont even consider them. smart parts is evil and they need too many mods to run at a comparable rate to others. Adrenaline impulses are ok though, since SP makes like 2 dollars, and they have no sp parts on em. Oh, and theyre hells fast.

Angel ir3- my gun of choice. I fell in love with the space frame. TRY IT FIRST!!!! my friend has been shootin 2 (fly and dark) for over a year and maxes at 14. Guy i know over at nps maxes at 11. I picked it up and wailed off 15 my first try. I didnt even personalize the trigger, i just felt natural on the frame. I could tuck very tight with it while playing up front and it was uber comfy (i used to have a z-gripped mag, and its got nothin on the vert frame. Make sure you try it first. Ir3s are also fairly cheap ( my friends sellin his 2, 650 and 800- fly and dark w/ freal) and come stock with everything you need... the skin grips are also incredible. My fav. gun. Cops is included, but who uses it?

Vikings- GREAT CHOICE. I love my friends viking. He plays front and loves it.. but the guns got the physical poise of a 2 year old emu. Its a brick. It comes with optional eyes now, but its hells fast. because its so low pressure, you can use a 45/45 to decrease weight/size and play front very well (or use an 88/45 like my friend and get lit up trying to bunker me with the fricken scuba tank on your arm).

I hope i was of some help here. Remember, try the gun first!

i never considered an ir3 before i tried one. I bought an rt after trying it once. Wasnt my style. I bought a timmy before trying it at all. too big.

try the gun first.

Athius
09-16-2003, 11:02 PM
well u can wait till AGD brings out the ULE rt pro. Which will be soon according to the product update.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
09-16-2003, 11:04 PM
Hell since you have the classic already, might as well just get a x-valve for it...if that's not lite enough for you...you can always pick up a ule body. It will have even less of a profile then a rt pro will. All of the X-Valves will work with the UL Trigger. Just becareful because with the UL Trigger you can short stroke the gun and end up breaking a ball.

bunkermaster10
09-17-2003, 12:37 AM
Feather lite Viking or a nice ule Emag....

FooTemps
09-17-2003, 12:47 AM
ule emag/rt mag, timmy

Those are my suggestions for a front player. These are based on my experiences with them either in or out of game. It's the overall feel of it that made me like it. The timmy is pretty solid most of the time and I can really work that trigger. I've handed a normal emag and normal rt/rtpro. All I wished for was lighter. Now there's lighter... so it's better.

Marek
09-17-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by bunkermaster10
Feather lite Viking or a nice ule Emag....

Add a Timmy to that list.

OfficerGoat
09-17-2003, 04:19 AM
Get out there and borrow some guns. Everyone one has a different gun that clicks well with them. Me I like LED angels and I like timmies.. you ... its proboly gonna be something different. I do recomend you try a space framed angel though. They are light and allow you to really bring the gun in on your body yet still let you shoot good. Takes a lil gettign used to... but a good choice. The X-Mags are sexy... light and fast... if I could get ahold of one I would.. but I am broke... soo.. no x mag for me :(

personman
09-17-2003, 04:33 PM
I'm biased but I would say go with an all ULE mag. The RT pro is a nice little package, but if you built a ULE mag then you will A. Have the satisfaction of saying you built your gun and B. RTPs are a bit bigger than classics, mostly in the body rail and foregrip though so its not a big deal..

JT2002
09-17-2003, 05:34 PM
srr dude, you look young in the pic, why do you have so many markers ! :rolleyes: :D :(

srrdude
09-17-2003, 05:43 PM
i dont own all of them currently... right now i got ir3, matrix (leaving in a day or too) and blowback stuff....

I just like to trade.

and yeah, i look young dont i?

I love my eyes in that pic... too bad it hurts afterwards.

TRY THE GUN!! Space frames rock..

JT2002
09-17-2003, 05:49 PM
yeah wtf were u doing lol, they look cool, but messed up. heh. i got an angel speed now and love it so been there done that! :D hey, i got my mega millions for friday night :rolleyes: :D for a chance at 87 mil, you cant go wrong. ill just buy out agd and run the x production like it was meant to be :D

srrdude
09-17-2003, 06:08 PM
i rolled my eyes back into my head!

Go see my asian invasion thread! JOIN THE EMPIRE!!

no you dont hafta be asian

JT2002
09-17-2003, 06:14 PM
im irish italian, F*** that! :eek: :D :rolleyes: :p

srrdude
09-17-2003, 06:16 PM
Everyone is asian when they squint. Cmon... be an asian. East rice.

Charge one dorrar for pink remonade at the shoor footbar game.

wdyer14
09-18-2003, 12:53 AM
Thanks for all the feedback guys,it has helped a lot.I ruled out changing my mag w/ the x valve and ule just because it was my baby.It sounds stupid ,but I have a lot of time with that gun and want to retire it as is.(I'm a sick man I know)For moneys sake I am going to try a spaceframe on my angel,and pickup a rt mag used for a good price.This way I can try out some differant combinations.

Thanks alot guys.