PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: MacDev Gladiator Feedback.

joez
09-16-2003, 10:11 PM
alright, i am at a toss up between the gladiator and sidewinder. i know the sidewinder is a good reg, if not one of the best, but i dont know to much about the gladiator. i have "heard" that it is good, but you know how that can be. i am just looking for personal experience with one, how well did it flow, what marker was it on, what tank was feeding it, consitancy over the chrono, ect. any feedback would be appreciated.

RusskiX
09-16-2003, 11:01 PM
Never used a sidewinder, but I currently use a 2k1 glad on my cocker with a HP crossfire preset with excellent results. My very first string at the chrono with it when I first put it on were 285,285,285. My next string was 285,286,285. Needless to say, I was very impressed. My stablizer and WDP minireg were usually +/-9 by comparison.

It is also a very simple design that is easily user serviceable. MacDev has a nice breakdown and maintenance page on their site.

The big downside is it does require regular cleaning or it will get very irregular. Mine would start to show dropoff if I didn't clean it after a day of play. But it only takes 5 minutes to clean, so its not as big a deal as it sounds.

Ronin 23
09-16-2003, 11:03 PM
They're both very good regs. I've ran both on 'Cockers, Matrices, Impys, Excals, Vikings, Timmys and Angels. Both are extremely high-flow and quick charging regs.

I've found that although both are very tight over the chrono, I'd give the edge to the Gladiator over the Sidewinder. The downside is that you need to keep it clean in order for it to function at its best.

The Sidewinders are more robust in terms of construction but the reg core seems to be in need of upgrading constantly. The swiveling bottom is great for coming up with neat set-ups.

It's a no lose situation regardless of which one you choose. I'd personally go with the Gladiator since they're a little cheaper.

Another noteworthy reg to consider is the new CP reg. I've had great success with them and it combines a lot of the good stuff that both the Sidewinder and the Gladiator offer.

I hope this helps.

/s/ Mel C. Maravilla

joez
09-17-2003, 10:04 PM
you guys posted exactly what i needed to hear, personal experience with a gladiator. i had seen the new cp, but had forgotten about it. i love cp barrels, i will probobally take a look at their reg before i buy one.

thanx a lot guys, i appreciate the detailed responses.

Angry Man
09-17-2003, 11:11 PM
The glad I used had a great flow rate....I sold it before I got the chance to chrono with it (not because i didn't like it, but because the torpedo on my timmy was getting great consistancy and I figured why not keep it), but the guy who used it before me said he got +/-2. It's really compact, easy to take apart and clean, and just seems really good in general.

*ArKfEaR*
09-18-2003, 02:39 PM
Here should narrow down your choice.

Loved my Gladiator on my Bushy, simply amazing. No matter what I alwasy was within +/- 3 or lower. But the only thing with the gladiator is that its maintainence is a pain in the arse. Whereas I switched to a Sidewinder, I have the same results, but the thing is bullet proof. It has a real good filter, and it constantly stays consistant. Like when I decided to take apart my Gladiator and put in my new cupseal, I enjoyed cleaning all the particles out and yes a piece of grass.

Go with the Sidewinder, they are about the same price...but who wants to clean there reg out?