PDA

View Full Version : Flatline filled, does not turn on

schiesz
09-17-2003, 12:40 AM
I recently purchased a used 3k Flatline. When I got it, it looked a little rough so I bought a parts kit and followed BlackVCG's instructions on rebuilding the reg. I just got it filled for the first time today, and it took the fill fine, but when I turn on the on/off valve I get no air out of it. I'm really stuck here because I want to de-gas the tank, take apart the reg and make sure everything looks right, but i'm not sure how to properly de-gas it. If anyone has any suggestions for me, i'd really appriciate it.

Smokee_2_7
09-17-2003, 10:47 AM
look at your output pressure gauge when you turn the knob on. Does it show any pressure level at all? The most common mistake i've run into after servicing a flatline is simply forgetting to screw in the output pressure. if the adjuster nut is not in far enough, you effectivly have set your output to 0psi- -- . Try screwing in the adjustment a little bit with the tank on, and hooked up to your gun.

Carl

schiesz
09-17-2003, 10:57 AM
yes, the output gauge shows zero. I will try screwing in the adjustment when I get home tonight...I was really hoping it was a stupid mistake on my part...

Hexis
09-17-2003, 04:00 PM
That gauge will only show pressure if you are attached to something (like a marker). If the opening is open to the outside air the gauge will show nothing. It will also show nothing when the tank is turned off.

schiesz
09-17-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Hexis
That gauge will only show pressure if you are attached to something (like a marker). If the opening is open to the outside air the gauge will show nothing. It will also show nothing when the tank is turned off.

Ok, directly off the reg, I have a SS line, going to a QD, and goes into my valve. With all of this hooked up, I turn the on/off to the ON position, and the gauge stays at zero. I do not hear the automag air up and it will not shoot. It is not getting any air. If I disconnect the QD, I assume I should have air blow out, but there is none. I think the problem is somewhere in the reg. I am on my way to try simply screwing the adjustment in a bit further. I sincerely hope that is all that's wrong.

Can somebody tell me the proper way to degas a Flatline, since I will probably be doing this if it is not the pressure adjuster.

Hexis
09-17-2003, 04:32 PM
You should see presure on the gauge with it hooked up to the Valve. As suggested earlier, try screwing in the reg on the flatline (increase the output pressure). With it out far enough it will turn off the supply.

schiesz
09-17-2003, 05:17 PM
Thanks everyone for helping me with this. It appears it was as simple as forgetting to screw in the output pressure, as Smokee_2_7 first suggested. It was very loose, not even tightened to the point that it meets resistance. I just tightened it up and it started working, and adjusted it to a good output pressure from there.

Smokee_2_7
09-17-2003, 05:30 PM
lol, glad that's all it was. Like i said before, thats an easy mistake to make when working on one for the first or second time (hehe i did it a couple times)

Glad we could help,

Carl