PDA

View Full Version : questions on classic

n8-J
09-17-2003, 01:30 AM
Hey there, I have one question concerning my classic valve in my micromag. The guy that own the gun before took out the spacer ( http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=20&CATID=6 )out and put a small spring in there. Question is why, and would this effect the gun in a good way or bad.

Sorry have no pic of the spring.

n8j

Dayspring
09-17-2003, 09:11 AM
The spring was used in an earlier variation of the valve. It works just as well as the spacer. The reason the spacers were introduced was because it allowed you to better fine tune the trigger.

Wc Keep
09-17-2003, 11:46 AM
actually the spacer was introduced because the springs would wear out and cause leakage.

there is a myth that the spacer cause lighter trigger tension.....and i think its true.

xen_100
09-17-2003, 12:16 PM
well if it is true.....its not a myth

and you are correct a proper spaced powertube will allow a nicer trigger pull.

I would just get the level 10. no more spacers or springs to worry about.

Dayspring
09-17-2003, 12:21 PM
What the powertube spacers do is pretty much what the shims do on a level 10.

They determine where in the stroke the air will vent.

But you're right. Level 10 all the way.

Wc Keep
09-17-2003, 06:19 PM
actually i liked lvl 7 better. heck i even used lvl 7 in a gpl event cause i had drastically better efficiency and better speed on the trigger.

n8-J
09-17-2003, 11:06 PM
would buying a lvl 10 for a classic valve be worth it performance wise, or should I wait to see if I buy an x valve or not.

Thanks
n8j:D

xen_100
09-18-2003, 10:22 AM
it is totally worth it. it is alot easier to short stroke a classic than a retro valve. so the LX is just as important. it will make your mag a new gun, really.

n8-J
09-18-2003, 12:19 PM
I think I know what you mean when you say short stroke, is that when you half pull the trigger and only get a bit of gas release but no paintball fire? Can you explain this and do you mean that the clasic is easier to short stoke now or after installing the LX.???.

Dayspring
09-18-2003, 12:23 PM
LX won't change the amount of short stroking. It'll just make it so it doesn't matter.

xen_100
09-18-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by n8-J
I think I know what you mean when you say short stroke, is that when you half pull the trigger and only get a bit of gas release but no paintball fire? Can you explain this and do you mean that the clasic is easier to short stoke now or after installing the LX.???.

no a short-stroke is when you pull the trigger and then you dont fully release it before you pull it again (ussualy when you are firing fast) this causes a quick double shot and ussualy results in a chop. with the classic valve there is no reactivity, so it is easier to do this. on an RT valve it pushes your finger back with each shot, so it is harder(not impossible) to short stroke it.

the LX solves this, because even if you do short stroke it, the bolt doesn't have enough power to chop a ball. you will get a skipped shot. but when you are firing fast, you will hardly notice.

n8-J
09-18-2003, 07:20 PM
Ok I understand now, thanks for all the help. What is the cost of the Lvl 10. I hear it's kinda hard to get setup but once you do it's good to go!

Thanks again
n8j
:D

xen_100
09-18-2003, 07:56 PM
you can get it at the AGD store for $69 I beleive.

they are not hard to set up. just follow the instructions like they are the bible. DONT skip ANY steps. it sets up in about 20-40 minutes.

Wc Keep
09-18-2003, 08:51 PM
i set my lvl 10 up in 10 minutes.

also you should get your lvl 10 from tunaman. pm tunaman her on the boards.