PDA

View Full Version : Bumper Eater Revolution

speedyfox666
09-17-2003, 09:35 AM
For some of us "Bumper Eater" just doesn't make sense,
for others this will sound very familiar.

For this second category there is now the "Bumper Eater Revolution"

Some people say it's due to the insane rates of fire achievable with the x- and E-mags , others will just say there's something wrong with these markers.

But only the true "Bumper Eaters" know why.
They accepted the fact that for these rates of fire you have to "Eat bumpers" like it's your last meal.

They know that "something" has to "crack" on such insane powers and that it is better to change a few bumpers than a complete bolt or powertube.

So share your story's with other "Bumper Eaters " and become part of the B.E.R.

By this way I'd like to make a call to all signature makers and or photoshoppers to make a signature for this revolution.

two things have to be in it : a bumper and some creature eating the bumper
(the rest is free)

BlackVCG
09-17-2003, 11:20 AM
The real problem is the Level 10 bolt. They would go for a year or more in a Level 7 gun. The extra fast recock speed from the lighter weight design and the longer springs, coupled with a inside diameter that doesn't have a radius on it makes it chew up the inner ring of the bumper.

The best thing I've found is to glue it down like a foamie with IC2000 glue. This glue fixes almost everything except cancer. It will even gap fill the backplate holes in the Warp so you can then pilot the holes and have screw holes that aren't stripped out anymore.

Anyway, I have all of my bumpers glued down and they don't wear. As long as you don't get some sort of caustic oil near them they should last a few years, like a foamie and then you just end up replacing it like it's a foamie. I really hate Autolube and it does eat away at o-rings over time, so try using something else if this is what you use.

hitech
09-17-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by BlackVCG
It will even gap fill the backplate holes in the Warp so you can then pilot the holes and have screw holes that aren't stripped out anymore.

That really works? Mine are stripped...

EmagAbuser
09-18-2003, 07:05 AM
that's what I'm looking for !
Count me in !

I eat bumpers for breakfast, for lunch and even as a desert !

Each time a play I have to change those things, but it's true : better to change the bumper than a bolt.

And when you're on the field and you see the opponents scary face when he runs in your "rain of paint " then you know it's worth it.

Bumper Eaters rule !

please let me in.
I'll send you a pm

EmagAbuser

speedyfox666
09-18-2003, 02:33 PM
Ok EmagAbuser

you're in .

Strider
09-18-2003, 02:47 PM
Better look at your 'revolution' sig pic, and the rules regarding sig pics: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72174

dinger
09-18-2003, 05:47 PM
omg another revolution... wasn't it like 2 days ago someone tried making an "Asian Invasion" revolution-type thing?

come on people... this is sorta getting out of hand. be original, and change the name to something like "Bumper Eater Administration" [oo that just so happens to spell out BEA haha]

btw, no bashing intended :o

Nick O time
09-18-2003, 06:09 PM
and that is the Pie Revolution. If you want to be in a revolution at least join an original one that will last more than a day or two.

On a side note
I just use the blue bumpers for my X they work better than the clears do. My clear one lasted me about a day of play and was all shredded to shiz, but my blue one has been goin on for months without breaking.

speedyfox666
09-19-2003, 02:52 AM
Ok guys

just to make this clear:

I tought that with starting this revolution we maybe could come to a permanent solution for a problem known by many users.

finaly a revolution that really concerns our mag's, a revolution that could make a difference" I tought , but the mainstream doesn't seam to be ready for such a thing

An apparently most of you have found a solution that works good for them.
So we will never get an official answer from AGD. and we just will keep eating bumper for the rest of our Mag life.

So, sorry for all the people that I bothered with this subject.

NO hard feelings :)

For the current members , no worries , we'll take this revolution underground and we will still search further.

Blazingace
09-19-2003, 08:34 PM
I would like to apply for formal addmission to the bumper eaters revolution. I have an E-mag and an X-mag. I buy bumpers in bulk. I need to find some IC2000 to fix the back plate screws and glue my bumpers, but I still eat them like donut holes.

speedyfox666
09-21-2003, 05:44 AM
Little update from the underground.

for the moment I'm testing a new prototype bumper that I made myself from a different material.
Apparently this thing can withstand more torture than the original ones .

But I'm still testing and I don't want to give false hope untill I'm shure of it.

so , watch this space for more info.