PDA

View Full Version : NORTH CAROLINA

chubrock6969
01-08-2001, 06:56 PM
Does anybody here live in North Carolina?

Mattman
01-08-2001, 10:52 PM
Yes I do, I live in Stanfield. It's about 30 minutes outside of Charlotte. Where do u live? Have you ever played at Metrolina Paintball or Cj's paintball fields?

chubrock6969
01-09-2001, 05:57 PM
I live in Fayetteville. I haven't ever played at any of those places.

tgreen
01-09-2001, 06:43 PM
I grew up in Fayetteville, get to play there from time to time. Ever been to Force of Nature? Is that the only field there? I have a great time every time I go out there.

chubrock6969
01-09-2001, 07:31 PM
I haven't ever been to Forces of Nature but I want to sometime in the future. I am pretty sure that Force of Nature is the only field around here.

Mattman
01-09-2001, 10:45 PM
I am fortunate enough to live within 30 minutes of 3 fields. Cj's; Midland, Metrolina Paintball: Charlotte, and Paintball Kingdom: Marshville. Out of the 3 I recommend Cj's, my only complaint is that they have some real a-holes that work there. Most of them are really nice, but their are a few who I can't stand!

mauimag
01-10-2001, 02:14 AM
I used to live in Raliegh. i now live on maui. any way i played at bunkers (North Raliegh) and at action Tagg in cary. i'd rate them as average. i havent played at any others.

lizza_pb_girl
01-11-2001, 11:28 AM
I live in South Carolina. Just wondering. Have any of ya'll heard of Red Fox Games in SpartanBurg in SC? Best field!

vadimivich
01-11-2001, 01:13 PM
I'm from fayetteville, grew up here and moved away for college...came back and now work in town...forces of nature is the only show in town, but my dad and I are opening a new field just outside of town. (80+ acres, 3 speedball and 3-5 woods on opening day) Hopefully opening in late Feb. with a 5 man tournament to kick things off...mags been talked about as prizes for first so pay attention to these boards

e-mail me I'd love to get together and play with anyone

nfowler@aitacclaim.com

azzkikr
01-11-2001, 04:47 PM
when I visited my sister in december I stoped by the store of force of nature and it was a nice store but the guy there was not the best cleck I've seen(paintball related of course). unfourtunately I didn't get a chance to drop by the field. maybe next time I visit my sister I can go play. Later AZZKIKR

vadimivich
01-11-2001, 11:24 PM
Yah...the owner of forces of nature is pretty smart and always treated me right, but there are a lot of people who don't like them...that's the way it is with everyone though. Their field is really small and run down and with 40,000 troops 2 miles away (Fort Bragg) somebody should have a top notch field near by. Guess I'm trying to be that person

tgreen
01-12-2001, 10:14 AM
Small field? Its about 70 acres. And that's bigger than all but one of the fields around here in South Carolina.

Where's Red Fox at in Spartanburg lizza_pb_girl? I've heard about it but never could get any info on it. Field fees, directions, etc. I play down at Firelake in Anderson and Extreme Outdoors mostly. But definately want to check out Alamo.

vadimivich
01-12-2001, 10:20 AM
The field may be seventy acres but they only play on two. Their speed ball fields burned down and there really is just one field (the one with the fort on the hill, if you have ever played there) The rest of the land just sits there, unused.

tgreen
01-12-2001, 05:22 PM
The times I've been out there, they've used a good it of the 70 acres. We played a few games on and the 5-8 acre base and then a few games with all three bases. Overall, I thought it was a pretty nice field and their speedball field was pretty cool til it got torched. I'd like to see another field in Fayetteville, but its hard to beat BYOP.

charlesp
01-12-2001, 07:02 PM
I live in Kings Mtn. 45 min. outside of charlotte,i play at carolina paintball games in clover s.c. they have some really nice wooded fields and have a very good tourney team there,voodoo cru

austin
03-16-2002, 08:41 AM
I live in NC

GallagherAtWar
03-16-2002, 11:52 AM
i live in north carolina

i live in apex that is near raleigh

i play at gotcha and senario games at action tagg

also i play a triangle paintball

oh and by the way bunkers paintball went out of business

"North Carolina come on and raise up!"

Chri$$

Loki
07-17-2002, 05:57 PM
I see this was posted a long time ago but i am new to the forum and i am looking at starting a team. I live in Charlotte North Kackalaki. If anyone is interested please reply to this post. i am looking at not starting tourny play untill next season. But i woulsd love to start practicing. Let me know.
thanx
Loki

MagMan33
07-17-2002, 06:09 PM
i live in North Durham...

ohh and I JUST ORDERED MY LEVEL 10 w00h00!!!

K-villeplayer
07-17-2002, 07:12 PM
I live near Winston-Salem. Kernersville to be exact. There are some fields around me, Paintball Central, Ambush, and North Carolina Paintball Supply. If anyone ever stops by the area, give me some notice and maybe we can get to one of those fields.

07-17-2002, 07:49 PM
i live in wilmington. kinda sucks for me because we have only 1 feild. anyone ever played at tri-county paintball?

Severe
07-18-2002, 10:12 AM
I live in Morrisville, which is right beside Cary/Raleigh. I've played at Gotcha but they tend to play more speedball than I prefer. I play regularly at Action Tagg down in Garner. We always try to make the big game (senerio type) and will make it out anyother time the weather is good. For those of you who don't know, Action Tagg is almost strictly woods play, but they do occassionaly put up a sup-air field and hold 3 man tourney's.

My little group of friends that I routinely go out with ranges from 2-6.

I drive a burgandy S-10 4x4, and will typically have people standing around talking about whatever. If you see me, stop by and say hey.

Here's my rig:
http://www.clanrav.net/images/severe_automag1.jpg

Kevmaster
07-18-2002, 08:35 PM
i live in Durham and am the manager of Heart of Darkness Paintball at Fun Werks(formerly known as funtasia). its a "dead" field that i am working very hard to revive so it doesnt go under like Bunkers did. were making great leaps and bounds to get the field looking and acting like it shoudl to compete with the other fields(Gotcha, Tagg, Triangle, Predator, AimStraight) within 30mins

on a side note, if an AO day for NC wanted to be held at my field, im sure i could work something out for a reduced(maybe even free) entry fee for everyone and some sorta paint deal(as i said, im the manager there), so holla if yal want something

Kevmaster
07-18-2002, 08:40 PM
oh forgot to add:

if anyone is going to the CMS tourny this weekend at Triangle Paintball(Hwy 98 in Durham), please stop by the Team Heart of Harkness tent. weve got two teams going and i would love to talk to any Mag owners(and show off Level 10 if you dont have it yet). ill be there captaining my team to the gold...we hope...and pray...ok so the finals would be nice :)

cphilip
07-18-2002, 09:18 PM
South Carolina here! Upstate near Liz.

MagmanLee
07-18-2002, 10:00 PM
I live in Clinton,NC. That's about 45 min from Fayettaville. The only field i play at is Force of Nature. It's not a bad field, but ppl don't really like mags there. The pros are egotistic, and often look down on u cause they're better than u. What other fields are around the fay area?

cris8762
07-18-2002, 10:08 PM
Cary, NC..... i used to go to tagg but i never liked the staff there... and i played at gotcha a few times with my friend, but then i got on a team and we play at Real McCoy's Paintball in princeton, it's an hours drive but i like it a lot! is the cms this weekend.....*gotta go call my teammates*

Kevmaster
07-18-2002, 10:41 PM
yep, CMS is this weekend man! get your boys down there going!!

Josh2Xtremes
07-19-2002, 02:31 AM
It's Josh from Paintball 2Xtremes here! I went to college at Campbell University in Buies Creek, North Carolina, that's right between Raleigh and Fayetteville. David Morgan from Force of Nature and I are college buddies and he and I built his business together. I've been to most of the stores and fields in North Carolina. If you're ever out west try Ambush Paintball in Lexington, North Carolina. Top apparel manufacturer Wicked Mpulse is from that city as well, and has just opened a new retail store there. They also make the best BBQ in the world. Powerlyte, manufacturers of an outstanding line of barrels, grip frames and other accessories are based in Raleigh, too, and I hear Force of Nature has just opened a Raleigh store. Traumahead Sportz got its start in Chapel Hill, North Carolina on cable there, if you watched any of the episodes from the mid-nineties, you might have seen me playing with my RT in the Traumahead Sportz Circuit!
Carolina paintball is strong, thanks to teams like Rob Staudinger of Paintball Central's team Trauma, winners of a record FOUR STRAIGHT NPPL events in the amateur bracket, and their friends on Gridlock. Watch out for National Paintball Supply, North America's latest sponsored team from the Carolinas too, team WICKED MPACT! PB2X LOVES the Carolinas! :D

K-villeplayer
07-19-2002, 08:29 AM
Josh2Xtremes you sure are right about paintball central and ambush. 2 great fields and top quality staff. I just got done with a rookie tourny at ambush and had a blast. Paintball Central has a lot of good fields and service. I hear that North Carolina Paintball Supply in additon with another field that closed are going to open a field near paintball central's. Nothing like some competition to lower those prices. If anyone is in the Greensboro or Winston area, let me know and I will try to meet you at one of those fields.

Kevmaster
07-22-2002, 02:28 PM
so do we want to do something? maybe like i could do a ADAir combo with entry for $15 and then drop the price of paint by $10-15/case?

sound at all good?

KamikazePenguin
07-22-2002, 02:37 PM
I'm a ref at Gotcha, and i'm there every sunday. Anyone who plays there say hi next time you're at the field. I'm always wearing a PJ headband and if i'm not reffing a Tantrum jersey. I shoot a polished CD E-mag, i shouldn't be too hard to spot. If there were an AO day at HOD i'd be there, no doubt. LX in tow.
-Adam

KamikazePenguin
07-22-2002, 02:38 PM
forgot to mention Kev, i'm a friend of Scott's.

cris8762
07-22-2002, 02:53 PM
hey kev, ho'd u guys do at teh cms? we finished 14...blah.... but we played deadmen and virus for first 2 prelims.... then we maxed aftermath and one of the darkness teams..not urs...the other one

but if you guys held a AO day at HOD i'd definetly go! what kinda paint do you have... cuz for 75-80 bucks a case i'd hope it was pretty good

:D

ScottQ
07-22-2002, 06:17 PM
HOD Bronze placed 5th out of 20 novice teams. you beat HOD gold. Backguys Cobra IR3 broke before the game even started and they had to play a 2 on 3 that game. You guys were set up next to us right? I was the one shooting the yellow RM. The guy that wasnt playing in the semis and looked sick. haha

cris8762
07-22-2002, 09:25 PM
we were cataclysm..this is our first year playing novice.....i was sitting out.....:rolleyes: :mad:

LittleJP
07-22-2002, 10:06 PM
I used to live in Mebane (near Chapel Hill)

Kevmaster
07-22-2002, 10:49 PM
yeh, my HOD got 5th in Nov(played --and got maxed by-- Tough Croud, A-Team and Undecided in the semis). oh well, it was our first semis finish, so we were all happy with it. ill talk to my manager and set up a date, how does early-mid aug sound guys?

NCpaintballer
07-22-2002, 10:57 PM
I live in Holly Springs which is 20 mins Southeast of Raleigh. I used to play at Tagg but I mostly play at a private field in HS now. Occasionally I'm at Black River Paintball in Angier as well. If anyone happens to be around HS stop by and check us out. We play every sunday!

-Jason

freek133
07-22-2002, 11:12 PM
I live in North Carolina, High Point to be exact. I go to Paintball central, just something about hanging out with the trauma guys, makes ya feel special!!!!! Buncha nice people around that area, including the virus guys also.

cris8762
07-23-2002, 12:30 PM
is virus am. or novice? cuz when we were goin to play them one of the refs was like "aren't u guys amateur?", i mean they were in 3rd place after prelims along with the other am. teams.......argh....we coulda made semis if we hadnt played 2 am. "level" teams (deadmen and virus) first...:(

07-23-2002, 04:14 PM
If everything goes well with this job a head hunter talked to my dad about I will be living there soon. :D :D :D

ScottQ
07-23-2002, 04:16 PM
yeah yeah, we could've made finals if we didnt play 3 am teams in semis(A team, Tough Crowd, and Undecided should all be Am. Undecided was running 3 am players)

Kevmaster
07-23-2002, 09:15 PM
ive talked to my boss, hes gunna think it over. itll prolly be a $15 for entry and All Day Air combo. also, you can prolly PREORDER paint for $70/case (Proball or $75 Proball Plat) or buy they day of at $90/$95

the field is FPO, so BYOP IS OUT. sorry about that, but our insurance mandates....

freek133
07-23-2002, 09:50 PM
Virus are amatuers. It depends on when you played them because their first amatuer game was feb, the 4th.

cris8762
07-23-2002, 11:09 PM
well if u play 2 am players and 1 nov. player ur still considered nov arent u? that kinda ticks me off....we played them last sun. at the triangle cms

argh i wish teams wouldnt do stuff like that to stay back and dominate lower divisions

freek133
07-23-2002, 11:20 PM
hmmmm, what you said kinda casts a shadow on virus in my eyes:( , I will have to look into it.

cris8762
07-23-2002, 11:35 PM
i dunno, the thing i said bout 2 am and 1 nov player may not be true...but when we played them one of the refs said "hey aren't u guys amateur?" to them b4 th game started...and they ranked #3 after prelims ahead of 1 other am. team (the other 2 were #'s 1 and 2) so i kinda get a little suspicious.....

MagmanLee
07-25-2002, 01:11 AM
Anyone know if there's a field around Winston-Salem or Goldsburo?

Hamster Huey
07-25-2002, 11:32 AM
I live in South Durham. I've spent time at Bunker's Paintball, Triangle Paintball, Predator Paintball out in Hillsborough, and Heart of Darkness (which is literally around the corner from me). Ever since Bunker's fell off the face of the earth, I've been spending the bulk of my time at Triangle Paintball - good fields and resonable good prices. I've dropped into HOD a couple times to check out the scene, and I even played this last weekend during the tourney at Triangle. HOD has a looong way to go before they're on par with the other local fields, but the staff there speaks of big things happening very soon. I wish you the best of luck, kevmaster - keep us posted.

Severe
07-25-2002, 12:27 PM
Where exactly is Triangle Paintball and what kind of fields do they offer?

Thanks for the info.

ScottQ
07-25-2002, 01:58 PM
Hamster Huey- Yeah, we are behind, but we are improving. Our team now competes with other local field teams, which is amazing since we dont have a very good speedball field to practice on. We plan on building new speedball in the upcoming week or so. I dont know if I have met you before.. I used to play for OCP out of Predator and now play for HOD. weird.

Kevmaster
07-25-2002, 02:43 PM
yeh, HOD is quite a bit behind the other fields in the area, but we have a HUGE financial backing (i mean HUGE) and we are working hard to get our plcae up to par. we have redone the staging area this week nad next week we are going to attack the short field and see what we can dot here. so, give us a little time, and we will be doing a ton to make that field back into the best field east of the mississippi