PDA

View Full Version : Stars on the valve body

GA Devil
09-19-2003, 08:24 AM
I just took my mag apart to polish it and replace the seals and o-rings. I got to looking at the valve body and noticed no stars on it. But the funny thing is where all the pics i see of the stars location there isnt even room for them to have been grinded off from. Where I see them supposed to being is just the patent disclaimer. The stars are supposed to be above the serial numbers correct? Nowhere on the valve body has them. I see the serial numbers, the patent disclaimer, the diagram on the bottome where they join and of course the 68 automag on the other side from the serial numbers.

Also is there a way to determine the year of my gun? I did buy it used and was just curious.

Dayspring
09-19-2003, 09:23 AM
Your valve, if it hasn't been engraved with the stars already, has "virtual stars." So don't sweat it. You still have the warranty.

As for the year- mags aren't done by year, but if you post your serial #, we can make an educated guess as to the age.

GA Devil
09-19-2003, 10:15 PM
cf28662 is my serial numbers. Im so happy right now. Ill be playing for the first time in about 3-4 years this weekend. Just got my mag back to gether after polishing the body and adding all the mods I purchased. Black intelifeed double trigger, gadget grip, Skyline (i believe was the name) chrome drop forward and on/off, 12 volt revy with x board wired to frame, and a WGP 68 4500 tank. And I added a quick disconnect at the valve to cut air supply off when needed (also needed it to get line to reach lol)

GA Devil
09-21-2003, 08:38 AM
any idea on the age?