PDA

View Full Version : Attention "original RT" owners. An ugrade kit is now available!!!

AGDJon
09-19-2003, 10:46 AM
Tell your friends and family members that are still shooting the old RT.

You can finally upgrade your marker to accept the X-valve.

Click on the link below:

http://store.airgun.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=17&CATID=5&ObjectGroup_ID=102

BajaBoy
09-19-2003, 10:48 AM
let me be the 1st to say, Cool!

SIGSays
09-19-2003, 11:14 AM
pretty neat you guys open up to offer services to everyone :)

Muzikman
09-19-2003, 11:30 AM
Tom, Ya willing to sell me one of the returned valves? I have an entire 2nd RT, but no valve.

BlackVCG
09-19-2003, 01:39 PM
I hope the valves are being shipped without the Z-lock pin. :)

paintballbeaver
09-19-2003, 02:21 PM
you have a damn good point blackVCG

that would really make the gun hard to use w/ the z-lock installed in the valve

dre1919
09-19-2003, 02:42 PM
That's pretty cool of you to finally get this out for the RT owners. I sold my RT about five months ago or I'd be jumpin' on this deal.

Albinonewt
09-19-2003, 03:19 PM
Very cool indeed. One of my teammates has an old RT, I sent him the link a moment ago.

Now to begint the arm twisting.

Evil Bob
09-19-2003, 04:05 PM
Even cooler is the time frame you can order this in...

Please call the Airgun Tech Department (847) 520-7225 during regular
buisness hours: Mon-Fri 10:00 - 11:30 AM & 1:00 - 5:00 AM Central Time

They'll answer the phone between 1am and 5am!!! :)

-Evil Bob

1stdeadeye
09-19-2003, 04:07 PM
So I send in the old valve and main body. I can keep my level 10 for parts and re install the old bolt?

Also, no mods are needed for the rail?

I'll still be able to use the same forgrip, etc....?

Wow, The X-Mag's back-up might need some love!

penguinpunk555
09-19-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Albinonewt
Very cool indeed. One of my teammates has an old RT, I sent him the link a moment ago.

Now to begint the arm twisting.

ditto

Evil Bob
09-19-2003, 04:44 PM
Thank you AGD!

AGD tech support confirms that the ULE body is just that, a standard vanilla flavor ULE body. With that is mind, it is possible to come up with further reduced pricing for those of us who already have ULE bodies sitting around and purchase the RT upgrade kit minus the ULE body at (RT upgrade kit cost - ULE body cost)?

Z-lock pin: It also appears that the x-valve is vanilla flavored as well. Tom stated in one of the original threads about the RT upgrade that the pin would be outside the frame due to the size difference between the two valves, he asked if everyone would be cool with the pin hanging out or not, general concensous was "yeah, we're cool with it, gimme gimme gimme!!!". You want to lose the pin on the side, you can either grind it off, yank it out, or buy a new rail and grip frame.

I also asked about whether or not the ULE trigger is shipping with the x-valve with this kit... sadly, it is not, if you want that option, you'll need to order that seperate. I just happen to have the ULET sitting at home for just this type of occasion (albeit collecting dust).

-Evil Bob

penguinpunk555
09-19-2003, 06:55 PM
jellomag is over and he is wondering will he have to get a new intelli because he got it the orignal r/t one

cphilip
09-19-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by penguinepunk555
jellomag is over and he is wondering will he have to get a new intelli because he got it the orignal r/t one

There is a brass bushing that will take care of that hole. I should think he should ask when he orders or make a comment that he needs one. It will fill that hole. And he needs it if he wishes to change from the old RT field strip screw. It may be in the kit already but I am certain they will give you one if they know you need it. Now that said if he puts that bushing in he would need a standard field strip screw. And he COULD use his old RT field stip screw which will fill the hole but the orings will no longer be doing anything like sealing the air passage. It would just be filling the space. Either way it should work I think. But if it was me...I would change it. To a bushing and a regular field strip screw.

Added on edit: If you bother to look they clearly say they include the bushing and the regular field strip screw. That allows you to use it all. So its been taken care of in the kit.

penguinpunk555
09-19-2003, 07:59 PM
thats what we thought thanks phil

cphilip
09-19-2003, 08:13 PM
No problemo!

What they mean by "special rail bushing" is that big bushing that fills the RT hole and allows the standard field strip screw to be used. Thats what you want. Not suprising they thought of it in an upgrade kit for RT to RTP is it? :D

paint magnet
09-19-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman
Tom, Ya willing to sell me one of the returned valves? I have an entire 2nd RT, but no valve.

I'm not sure about this but I'm guessing AGD won't send out any of the old valves. Tom said all they do with the SS RT valves they get for trade in is throw them away(they don't gain anything, just reward customers for being loyal I guess), so I assume it would be the same for the originals. Must be something to do with not being able to offer a warranty/guarantee product quality on the used valves. But if either of the traded in valves (RT or RTP/Emag) ever go up for sale I'd be interested.

tool
09-20-2003, 12:07 AM
ya well I want to get that trade-in but I dont know how I did it but the little metal stick thats sticking out off the back off the valve broke off... I think its like a guide or something.. so I was wondering if that was a problem or not???

Thanks
Tool

sneakyhacker420
09-20-2003, 12:50 AM
hey jon, if you can, save me one of the p/f left RT bodies when you get one from trade in... and possibly sell it off a slight "blemished" discount w/o returns... like pump kit

i'll also take an RT valve

i'll pay you guys good if you do this for me :Dhttp://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

LIGHTEMUP
09-20-2003, 10:34 AM
i never thought id regret selling my old school anodized rt until now :(

madmatt151
09-20-2003, 12:13 PM
I'm sure I am not theonly one who would like one of those original RT bodies to use on a mag. I can cut the back off to make it fit a regular valve. Will they sell these?

davidb
09-20-2003, 08:14 PM
What differences, if any, would there be between an RT thusly upgraded, and an RT Pro with X-Valve and ULT body?
I realize the Pro comes with an Intelli, but other than that, is there any difference that couldn't be fixed/changed with a simple upgrade? I'm thinking that maybe getting an old RT and upgrading it might not be a bad idea.

sneakyhacker420
09-20-2003, 09:35 PM
you'll spend more on an old RT and upgrading it

RTP comes stock with x-valve and intelliframe, then all you gotta do is shell out $145 for a ULE body

davidb
09-20-2003, 10:28 PM
Ah yes very good point, I forgot about them coming stock with the X-valve. Thanks!

Nick O time
09-21-2003, 12:15 AM
i also want an old school RT valve.

spectra260
09-21-2003, 06:51 PM
Seems cool but I like the original RT body I think better but not sure as to I havint seen this upgrade installed completly. Can someone please submit a picture when they get this upgrade installed with the forgrip and sight rail from classic rt on it?

Also what about your current barrals? The ule body is now autococker threading right? hmm

afrankart
09-21-2003, 08:01 PM
That is great for the original RT owners. Next thing of order: a trade in program for those of us who want to upgrade to an e-mag.

P8ntBallBoom
09-21-2003, 09:04 PM
This is awesome! Its really great that AGD did something so that us original RT owners can get all of the new stuff they have out.

momags!
09-26-2003, 12:57 AM
just visiting after a year long furlough

Fritz1970
10-30-2003, 06:35 AM
If I buy the XValve upgrade for my old RT, will I have to supply air to the valve through a hose from the ASA, or will the hard line on the old RT do the trick? One of the reasons I love my old RT is that I don't have to have a long hose from ASA to valve!

Fritz1970

11_Mile_TMaster
10-30-2003, 01:47 PM
Ehh, from what I see, no.
But, That's not to say you have to run a line from your ASA to the valve. I am not a Tech, but there's nothing keeping you from replacing the hardline with a hose from the Foregrip to the Valve... Just toss a QD on it, MiniMag Style so that you can strip down the valve.
You probably wouldn't be sacrificing much in Aesthetics. (Yes, I know I spelled that wrong, most likely.)

reefer madness
10-31-2003, 09:11 PM
has anyone upgraded their rt with the ule/xvalve deal and if so, has it affected the reactivity of your trigger at all? also post some pics of your rebourn rt

GhillieGuy
11-17-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by dre1919
That's pretty cool of you to finally get this out for the RT owners. I sold my RT about five months ago or I'd be jumpin' on this deal.
It's ok dre, i will get the upgrade for ya..:D