PDA

View Full Version : Cool...stolen again....

Vash02
09-19-2003, 04:30 PM
I cannot believe this crap. I had traded for a hyperframe and then i needed the on/off assembly and pin. So, they guy sends it in an envelope and when it gets to my house, the parts were gone. The envelope had been riped apart and the parts were taken. Well, i was mad enough at that but i shrugged it off. About a week ago i bought some parts from someone here on AO. Hopefully this time i would get the parts to make my hyperframe work. Well to make a long story short the parts came today but the EXACT same thing happened again...ripped open envelope, no parts. I give up.

DWill
09-19-2003, 04:38 PM
Sorry to hear that man, but keep trying. Try to send it in a box...more effort to rip open plus if you pad it right you can't hear or feel what is inside.

Skoad
09-19-2003, 04:39 PM
hidden camera looking at the mailbox.

dinger
09-19-2003, 04:55 PM
wtf who the hell takes parts that go to a paintball gun...

what a homo

adam shannon
09-19-2003, 05:47 PM
save the packaging and call the postsal inspectors. they do take this sort of thing seriously. they will most likely stake out your box and send dummy packages and watch them from shipment to delivery. a customer of mine had a similar problem with orders from me. it turned out after the investigation that his mailman knew of my products and was pilfering the boxes based on knowing the return address and company name...and that schmuck is now in prison.

Steelrat
09-19-2003, 06:41 PM
If they were in a standard letter-sized envelope, I can hazard a guess.

Say hello to the Electrocom automation DBCS. Built to feed and sort over 30,000 letters per hour. Let me tell you, if you put small metal parts in an envelope and feed it through there, that envelope is toast. If thats what happened, then the parts would be separated from the envelope, and the people who took the stuff out probably werent able to figure out what stuff went in which envelope.

The other alternative is a postal employee took it. Less likely, since employees mostly steal cash and checks. Stealing a few parts out of an envelope does not offer a great return for the risk involved. But certainly report it to the postal inspectors. Theyd be the ones to look into it, if they have the time.

THE DBCS:

UltimatePaintballer
09-19-2003, 07:39 PM
but what parts were they, if they were little parts, who would want them. Also they must just be going through all your mail, unless they know that your getting that stuff.

TSalPaintball
09-19-2003, 07:42 PM
That is BS, I am sorry to hear that, I would deffinatly report it.

i like tictacs
09-19-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by adam shannon
save the packaging and call the postsal inspectors. they do take this sort of thing seriously. they will most likely stake out your box and send dummy packages and watch them from shipment to delivery. a customer of mine had a similar problem with orders from me. it turned out after the investigation that his mailman knew of my products and was pilfering the boxes based on knowing the return address and company name...and that schmuck is now in prison.

:eek:

cphilip
09-19-2003, 07:56 PM
You cannot send stuff like that in a regular envelope. It is the shippers responsibility to package correctly. And they did not. A padded envelope at the very least has to be used and the parts should then also be in a zip lock.

Halliday
09-19-2003, 08:46 PM
I REALLY doubt the post office guys took your parts. They probally got ripped out in the sorting.

Let the sender know you need new parts or a refund :)

SIGSays
09-19-2003, 08:48 PM
just call the cops... if you mess with mail that is a federal offence.. which is even a higher *big word* than the local police... or contact the proper authorities.. postal federal something

Steelrat
09-19-2003, 09:14 PM
If anyone thinks the theft of a few paintball gun parts is going to get anyone thrown in jail, they are fooling themselves. The most that would result in would be an administrative sanction i.e. suspension, termination. Prosecution is reserved for more valuable items. Internal theft is not as easily prosecuted as external theft.

WARPED1
09-19-2003, 10:14 PM
Shipping sharp, hard parts in a standard envelope is just plain stupid. Use those padded envelopes.

Mossman
09-20-2003, 12:29 AM
Yup, 110% the shippers part. If the postal service hand carried and sorted every letter that goes through there system, nothing would get damaged like that....but you'd pay about 4 bucks a letter.

Oh wait, they DO do that, it's called priority mail. Sending anything of value or of an odd/sharp shape in a regular envelope is asking for trouble.

spydervenom
09-20-2003, 12:53 PM
people arent stealing your stuff...its from bad packaging.

i bought a dye barrel and that got ripped out and lost...that was in one of the gay envelopes that uses shredded paper for padding. those suck.

then just the other day i lost a palmer because the idiot decided it would be cool to use used packaging and not tape all the corners/edges.

long story short, talk to the sender and tell him its his fault.

Vash02
09-20-2003, 05:59 PM
yeah, im deffinatly gonna talk to the post office sometime soon. I just noticed this sticker on the envelope that says "Mail has been tampered with" DUHHHH. Its just so frustrating cause i want my hyperframe to work but that is twice now the nessesary parts have been taken from me.

Ill talk to the guy i bought these last parts from. He has a ton of good references so i assumed he would know how to properly ship things. Morale of the story: NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING.

GhillieGuy
09-20-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
You cannot send stuff like that in a regular envelope. It is the shippers responsibility to package correctly. And they did not. A padded envelope at the very least has to be used and the parts should then also be in a zip lock.
Ok, i am the one who sent out the parts, and yes i put them in a big bag especially made for parts, iv'e sent parts before the same way and have never had this happen. Like others were saying, go to the post office and they'll be able to help you, i mean if it said tampered with then they should give you some $$$ right?

Vash02
09-20-2003, 07:13 PM
Im gonna see what i can do. All i know is that i have a regular mail envelope with two rips that have been taped shut. Im not exactly sure what i can get (if anything) from the post office people but ill just have to see. By the way, Ghilliguy i didnt want to harm your name so i was gonna keep you namless. He is still a good trader everyone, he shipped very promptly.

WARPED1
09-20-2003, 07:27 PM
Did you pay priority mail insurance?

Kaiser Bob
09-20-2003, 07:33 PM
If you have the cash, just get a ULT from AGD, youll be better off :)

BajaBoy
09-20-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Kaiser Bob
If you have the cash, just get a ULT from AGD, youll be better off :)

i 2nd that one.. and you know you Will get it;)

Jesse-man
09-20-2003, 08:10 PM
thats not right people who do that are just messed up in the head man.

GhillieGuy
09-20-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Jesse-man
thats not right people who do that are just messed up in the head man.
Who is "people" defining, the people who steal the parts, or the people who ship them?

WARPED1
09-20-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by GhillieGuy

Who is "people" defining, the people who steal the parts, or the people who ship them? Both:D .

Vash02
09-21-2003, 02:06 PM
ZING! I've thought about the ULE but i dont really know much about them.

Vash02
09-21-2003, 02:10 PM
hmm the ult parts kit is a replacement for your current on/off right? would that work with a hyperframe or not?

WARPED1
09-21-2003, 02:18 PM
I don't think so. The whole point of the ULT is to give an electro feel trigger to mech mags.

cgrieves
09-21-2003, 03:52 PM
I disagree, the Centerflag on/off assembly has the same purpose, i.e. to minimise the force required for the hyperframe to fire the marker. The ULT should do the same job, but better.

Vash02, you don't mention what valve you have, but I would imagine the ULT/Hyperframe combo will work with the classic valve too, since the Hyperframe should be safe from short stroking.

GhillieGuy
09-21-2003, 04:33 PM
The ult hasnt yet been proven to work with a hyperframe, but it wouldnt make any difference considering that the hyperframe is elecro..

cgrieves
09-21-2003, 04:39 PM
There are several people using Hyperframes with ULTs. Kaiser Bob posted some 20bps full auto vids recently.

Also 99% of Hyperframe problems arise from the small solenoid not having enough power to disengage the sear and operate the on/off. So the ULT could potentially solve 99% of the Hyperframe problems....

JT2002
09-21-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Vash02
Morale of the story: NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING.
i think the real morale is to not assume because...
when you assume, you make an [B] A$$ [B] out of [B] U [B] and [B] ME [B]

WARPED1
09-21-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by JT2002

i think the real morale is to not assume because...
when you assume, you make an [B] A$$ [B] out of [B] U [B] and [B] ME [B] When you close tag, it's /b(with [ of course)

JT2002
09-21-2003, 08:48 PM
woops heh lol. my bad, my comp was a lil messy and the stuff looked weird lets try again.
you make an A$$ out of U and ME
what does it spell ? hrm :D