PDA

View Full Version : Do it Yourself Anadizing

Neo Xero
09-19-2003, 04:49 PM
Does anyone know how to do this? I once heard that you could buy some like acid stuff and color the gun yourself...

FreakBaller12
09-19-2003, 06:01 PM
very very expensive i know soembody and it was very expensive unelss i heard him wrong
i think he said 700 dollars for the vat(sp)
he used it good, until he spilt it;) :p

TSalPaintball
09-19-2003, 08:19 PM
I say it is really not worth it, unless you are going to open up a anno business.

mag-hatter
09-19-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by snoogans
Well, you can start off by spelling annodizing right ;).

mag-hatter
09-19-2003, 08:35 PM
Well, I just thought it was ironic that you had like four grammatical errors in your post, when you were pointing out Mr. Neo Xero's errors out. :).

sneakyhacker420
09-19-2003, 08:36 PM
theres usually a company on e-bay selling a kit of the basic ano supplies on e-bay for maybe $200-400

but i would highly reccomend sending it to a professional anodizing service, unless you have the time and patience to learn how to ano your own parts, and have alot of samples available to test it on, cause if i were you, i wouldnt wanna go dipping my brand new intelliframe in sulfuric acid the first time i set up the ano bath

just my .02

i'll try to find a link to the company that sells the kits

btw dylan... its anodizing

SIGSays
09-19-2003, 09:53 PM
you can buy anno kits for like $200 for everything to get started

TheBigRaguPB4L
09-20-2003, 02:09 AM
seriously though the kits are no more then 200 dollars. If you were to buy them seperatly, you could probably buy it for about half that(give or take).

The actual process isn't really that difficult, just time consuming and at the beginning, frustrating. After you get it down though, it becomes rather simple. However, like i said before, just time consuming. It can be advantageous because you can re-anno guns and sell them without any flaws. Plus you can sell guns with decent ano jobs at higher prices as well.

Neo Xero
09-20-2003, 12:44 PM
Sweet thanks for the help guys

FactsOfLife
09-20-2003, 12:56 PM
Try these guys, Caswell is right around the corner from me and I use their buffing stuff quite a bit.

they have excellent customer service and a plating forum where the owner answers questions personally.

Caswell Plating (http://www.caswellplating.com/kits/aluminum.htm)

Rumble
09-20-2003, 08:32 PM
ummmmm actually i found this on warpig

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/anodize.shtml

and if ur to lazy
Anodizing at Home
by Jim Bowes

You are not allowed to copy articles in full and post them on another site like this. Link to the Article is fine. But copywrite infringement occurs when you do not get permission to copy the whole thing. So we do not want to get into that. Removed copy. Link only - cphilip

ummm ya, i think that shuld only run ya about 100 bucks, good luck!

Neo Xero
09-20-2003, 09:55 PM
Awsome i need to try that

BajaBoy
09-20-2003, 10:45 PM
ive spend a Great amount of money on dyes.. acid... and TIME its really not worth the work and it wont come out that great unless u have an amazing set up.. which your stupid to buy if you just doing a couple guns

send you gun away to do it