PDA

View Full Version : My Guitar Came :)

FalconGuy016
09-19-2003, 06:45 PM
Well, it came yesterday, but that was a hurricane day so I didnt have a chance to post :)

Yay! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!
All I know is 4 chords that sound good together, and I've literaly played them for hours now. I have no idea what im doing, but I think I am making really cool sounds :) lol. http://falconvideo.tripod.com/guitar.html Now I need to learn what the im doing and get really good AND PLAY REALLY COOL SONGS AND GET SOOOOOOO GOOOD THEN GET INTO A BAND THEN ROX0R ALL OVER THE BLCOXXOXXLC OMGSAHA HLALKHSASFA SDasdf

(yes thats a reallly bad pic)

who_311
09-19-2003, 07:21 PM
Good job. I had one of those for 3 years, I recently sold it though. After about a year or so(unless you rich) you should buy a set of new pickups, preferably some Lace Sensors by FENDER. or Noiceless pickups. I did and it sounded GREAT. Trust me, you have no idea what your getting yourself into! Guitars are like potato chips, you cant have just one. I have 4:D. I'm sorry, i like talkin bout my guitars. Well practice, and have fun.

SpongeBobSquarePants
09-19-2003, 07:24 PM
God now I really want one, cause that sounds boss dude I could listin to it for hours.

FalconGuy016
09-19-2003, 07:29 PM
Ooooo I am going to love guitar's soooooooo much :)

who_311
09-19-2003, 07:31 PM
Yes, yes you are. WARNING: This just might make you want to wuit paintball to further your guitar collection, and my advice on this, give into temptation...

TSalPaintball
09-19-2003, 07:35 PM
sound pretty good for your first day, but I am a die hard 7 year drummer!

FalconGuy016
09-19-2003, 08:36 PM
I've pretty much worn out these four chords :)
Does anyone know a few chords that go together that you can play over and over and vary? :) Thanks

LittleKrems
09-19-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
I've pretty much worn out these four chords :)
Does anyone know a few chords that go together that you can play over and over and vary? :) Thanks

im sorry fellow guitar players, but i must sin....

the power chord.... root of all evil in pop/punk/rock music

e---|---|---|-------------
B---|---|---|-------------
G---|---|---|-------------
D---|---|-3-|-------------
A---|---|-3-|-------------
E-1-|---|---|------------- play that all up and down the low E string(the big one)

e---|---|---|-------------
B---|---|---|-------------
G---|---|-3-|-------------
D---|---|-3-|-------------
A-1-|---|---|-------------
E---|---|---|-------------

play that all up and down the A string (2nd biggest) if you dont understand that yet, tell me an i will explain it better

guitar is addicting, watch out;) :D

who_311
09-19-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by LittleKrems

Im sorry fellow guitar players, but i must sin....

the power chord.... root of all evil in pop/punk/rock music

I dont think its a bad idea for beginners to learn basic chord structures with 5th's(powere chords). Its an easy way to play chord, without playing chords.

My suggestion, is to go buy a small chord chart/book. You can learn alot really quickly. Just dont buy guitar videos, ive never seen a good video that actually tought something.

FalconGuy016
09-19-2003, 09:56 PM
Thanks you guys :) I am trying to power chord thing... im not sure if I am diong it right though. Do I just play that chord, but one fret up, all the way down the board?

And please, keep them coming :)

Warewolf50
09-19-2003, 11:04 PM
I dont play guitar but alot of my friends do, and one of them is great at it but dosent know how to read music, all he does is reads tabs and memorizes them. I would suggest u trying out tabs, very easy way to learn how to play all of your favorite songs.

gimp
09-19-2003, 11:15 PM
Once you figure power chords out, you'll love em. You just keep your hand in the same position, all the way up the neck. Probably all the music that you listen to is power chords.

I'm not very good at guitar. I've been playing for only 4 years. For the person just starting out, I have some advice that I can offer, that has helped me: Don't just read tab. Anyone can read some tab and play popular songs and sound cool. Try to make stuff up on your own. Try to find some other people to play with. Jammin with people will help you improve a lot.

J
09-19-2003, 11:41 PM
I'm with you on that...

I've played Bass guitar for about 4 years, played in a band pretty much the entire time I had it. About a year ago I bought my friend's "Shorty-Strat" (a white Squire Strat cover in Shorty stickers, he used to be a big time skateboarder), but I really never used it. It's easy to go from guitar to bass, but not so much the other way around. Which kinda was discouraging to me, I wanted to "transfer" my skill. Anyway, I'm up here in college, and I have SO much time on my hands. No paintball either, and to be honest, without a band the bass gets almost boring to play. So this Tues I'm picking my guitar up from being set-up (action, neck straightness, intonation, etc) from a music store. I'm so syked! Man, I just have this wicked urge to play guitar now, weird...

LIGHTEMUP
09-20-2003, 10:51 AM
thats kewl not to hijack the thread or ne thing but i was thinkin of getting a guitar and then learning how to play anyone have ne advice for me of specific guitars to get?

thanks
LIGHTEMUP

who_311
09-20-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by LIGHTEMUP
thats kewl not to hijack the thread or ne thing but i was thinkin of getting a guitar and then learning how to play anyone have ne advice for me of specific guitars to get?

thanks
LIGHTEMUP

I could go on one of my rants about Squier guitars(look up^^^) but i wont. I will say that they are one of the best guitars for the money. It actually the most sold guitar EVER.

personman
09-20-2003, 11:31 AM
Thats awesome. I got a really nice accoustic for about 310 the other day at guitar center (guitar center owns musicians friend) also you get a better deal if you go to guitar center because I got a soft case, a pack of picks, a stand, and a book free with it. You dont get anything free online. Its got a great sound to it.. Im a beginner too, but I know a bunch of chords.. I know
D, Dm, D7, G, G7, B, B7, C, E, Em, E7, A, Am, A7, F I think thats it, but im not sure. I know a total of 2 songs that I got off the internet from some of my favorate bands and ive been playing sence the beginning of school.. yay heres my guitar its l33t

ERut
09-20-2003, 11:34 PM
Put OLGA.net in your favorites list:D Best...tab site... ever!

Personman- Artwood, right? Those guitars kick arse for the price, such a nice guitar for 300.

Lopy-slopy
09-21-2003, 12:44 AM
I like OLGA for a while, but then I found mxtabs.net (http://www.mxtabs.net). It's set up way better and In my experience has way more tabs. I've been playing guitar for about two years now and have 3 guitars in my house, a clasical guitar, an accustic, and an electric. I love guitar so much, learning new songs is great. Do a search for gutar chord generator and you will find hundreds of chords.

personman
09-21-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by ERut
Personman- Artwood, right? Those guitars kick arse for the price, such a nice guitar for 300.
Yup its an Artwood 100 :) I really like mine it sounds great

jr119us
09-21-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by LIGHTEMUP

thanks
LIGHTEMUP

Id say if you want to learn start on accoustic.

ERut
09-21-2003, 12:12 PM
Ditto

FalconGuy016
09-21-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by jr119us

Id say if you want to learn start on accoustic.

uh oh :)

xmetal2001
09-21-2003, 06:03 PM
Well, it came yesterday, but that was a hurricane day so I didnt have a chance to post :)

They deliver stuff during a hurricane?

ERut
09-21-2003, 09:35 PM

uh oh :)

Don't worry about it, that one will treat you fine;) :D

InfinatyBPS
09-21-2003, 10:52 PM
Wow, once you learn the powerchords you know pretty much any White Stripes song...(I love white stripes btw, no hate...)

Lopy-slopy
09-22-2003, 12:14 AM
not to mention any song by blink 182, pennywize, antiflag, the ramones, ect. ect. ect. Basicly all punk and alot of rock is power chords. I don't care though, punk is still good music, (BTW I don't think Blink is punk so dont flame me)

BTW, I don't think it realy matters what kind of guitar you learn on, as long as it's a guitar that you realy enjoy playing, if you have always wanted an electric get it if it will make you realy want to learn how to play it well.

zen_dawg
09-22-2003, 09:43 PM
www.visualguitar.com

ERut
09-22-2003, 10:21 PM
If you want a great book, try the Heavy Guitar Bible. great book, really helps you understand the theory behind guitar.

animal
09-23-2003, 02:29 PM
Sweet dude

I've got that same one. it's my second. I also have ye olde peavey predator, but the fender kicks it's butt of course.

I'm pretty much self taught. I took a 1 semester guitar course in college just to eat up some credits. It taught me chords, finger picking, and how to sing and play (though I'm not very good). Other than that, I play just about everything by ear, and I use the tab websites alot. In addition to those above, the OLGA is mirrored in 3 other places in the world that don't care about copyrights. You can find them all on harmonycentral.com.

All that said, I'm not very good. And I'm considerably not very good having played for over 9 years now. I just use it as something do do once in a while and I have fun with it. There's nothing like hearing something on the radio and thinking, hey, I can play that... kindof.

Oh and the comment about the lace pickups... they are EXCELLENT! My fender had them in when I got it and they are WAAAAAYYYYY better than the peavey. I also picked up a stereo chorus pedal. Some of those chords coming throught that sound really cool.

Some day I'll be able to blues solo, and I'll be happy then :D

Thordic
09-23-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by InfinatyBPS
Wow, once you learn the powerchords you know pretty much any White Stripes song...(I love white stripes btw, no hate...)

Go see them in concert, Jack is really a talented guitar player. I don't think it comes out in all his songs but live he shows off a little more.

He's no Eric Clapton, but hes not bad.

ERut
09-23-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by J
It's easy to go from guitar to bass, but not so much the other way around.

Yep, if you just learn guitar... tada! you can play two instruments