PDA

View Full Version : bad solenoid????

1shot
09-19-2003, 08:29 PM
I'm having a bolt stick problem/solenoid with an e-mag.
It happened when I first got the gun at IAO. It seemed to clear up after I oiled the gun. Now after about 3 weekends of play the problem is back.
I took the gun apart and it seems like the solenoid is sticking and not allowing the gun to recock, making it seem like a bolt stick.. If I put a light tap on the solenoid itself it resets and I can fire again. Oiling the gun doesn't help. I think that was just coincidence last time.
Does anyone have any sugestions?

bob

athomas
09-23-2003, 11:18 AM
You can check the solenoid plunger. Take it out and role it on a flat surface to see if it is bent. If it is straight then it should be fine.

Try the next larger carrier, to see if the bolt stick problems go away.

1shot
09-23-2003, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the reply athomas.
I'll check the solenoid plunger. Is it self-explanatory as to how to take it out to check it?

I tried the next biggest carrier and got a lot of leak down the barrel. I only have 1 shim, and no more came with the gun when I bought it. I would try that if I had any.

Thanks again,
bob

athomas
09-23-2003, 07:20 PM
To remove the solenoid plunger:

First remove the valve and body.
Then take out the sear pin to release the sear from the rail.
Remove the body rail.
Pull the sear assembly from the frame.
Remove the plunger from the assembly.
Remove the C-clip beofre doing the rolling wobble test.

Now roll the plunger gently on a flat surface. You should be able to see if any noticable wobble occurs in the plunger and rod. If it does, you should be able to correct the problem with a gentle "adjustment". If there is no wobble, then you can rest assured that the plunger is probably not causing your problem.

xen_100
09-24-2003, 03:52 PM
you can also leave the plunger ouf the gun and fire it.( in man mode) see if it solves the problems.

Tunaman
09-24-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by athomas
To remove the solenoid plunger:

First remove the valve and body.
Then take out the sear pin to release the sear from the rail.
Remove the body rail.
Pull the sear assembly from the frame.
Remove the plunger from the assembly.
Remove the C-clip beofre doing the rolling wobble test.

Now roll the plunger gently on a flat surface. You should be able to see if any noticable wobble occurs in the plunger and rod. If it does, you should be able to correct the problem with a gentle "adjustment". If there is no wobble, then you can rest assured that the plunger is probably not causing your problem. Slightly incorrect information...you cannot "Pull the sear assembly from the frame" before removing the circlip. Wouldn't want anyone to try that...;)

athomas
09-24-2003, 07:17 PM
:eek: Whoops! Good thing that one was caught. Yes, remove the C clip beofre the solenoid is removed from the frame.

1shot
09-24-2003, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the reply guys. I'l give it a shot and get back to you.

bob

jrawlinson_2000
09-25-2003, 12:05 PM
1shot,

when you get the "stick" if you take the barrel off and push the bolt, then does the gun fire again?

If so I and a friend had this issue, we were running warp so had the left feed module on the gun, taking this off we noticed some wear on the top of it as if the bolt was rubbing on it, with the gun assembled again we could simulate the issue by pressing the ball module, so taking off and putting some paper under it raised it just enough to sop this happening.

Not sure it this will be a fix for you but just in case good luck

rikkter
09-25-2003, 01:29 PM
an easier way to check to see if the plunger is bent is just tip it upside down with the rail off, and sear assembly still in the gun. and see if it moves freely