PDA

View Full Version : Please help me

gimp
09-19-2003, 11:51 PM
I'm in a dilema. I am in a fraternity, this is the last weekend of rush, and we are taking the rushees to canada this weekend. I also have a bunch of schoolwork to do I need to study for a circuits exam, and do some research. I was hoping that you guys would help me out on the research.

I'm trying to think of the best way to describe what I need to do, so that you guys would understand it best, and get good ideas. Lets just say that I have a gun, mounted on something. I need to be able to move that gun without actually touching it. I have my ideas about how to do this. I know the basic techniques. This is all automated too. After the initial aiming, sensors tell where you were in relation to your target and you have to adjust the gun accordinglly. I need to figure out exactly how to mechanically move the gun. I'm an elcectrical, and computer engineer (in training), so I dont know much about mechanical stuff. If you guys have any websites that would help me out on figuring out how to do this, that would be great.

I apologize for all the bad grammer, and the fact that you probably have no idea what I'm talking about. It is a friday night, and I'm in a frat, and it's the end of rush, and I've drank a crapload of beer.

sharpshooter1286
09-20-2003, 12:53 PM
try a rail mounted system type thing, driven by small motor that goes side to side and with a platform that go raise up and down