PDA

View Full Version : How come dey do dis? Nitrogen funny

cphilip
09-20-2003, 12:47 PM
I found this little cartoon thing showing you how Nitrogen is good for you and trying to depict the cycle of Nitrogen in life and I see no Paintball in there! How dare they!!!!

We gotta come up with a inclusion of Paintball in the cycle!

http://www1.cems.umn.edu/orgs/aiche/archive/history/h_ncycle.gif

cphilip
09-20-2003, 12:56 PM
Note the fact that Rudolf appears to be attacking a Skeleton after leaping from behind a tree for some unkown reason. Have no idea what prompted them to chose some of the graphics they chose.

Maybe a paintball marker in the Skeletons hands or something.

MantisMag
09-20-2003, 01:10 PM
perhaps the person who made it liked nitrogen so much that he decided to inhale some nitrous while making that. ;)

shartley
09-20-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Note the fact that Rudolf appears to be attacking a Skeleton after leaping from behind a tree for some unkown reason. Have no idea what prompted them to chose some of the graphics they chose.

Maybe a paintball marker in the Skeletons hands or something.
I believe that the tree, deer, and man are a cycle as well…. It depicts the route of the amino acids along with the cycle of N2.

The KNO3 feeds plants through their roots. Deer and other plant eaters eat the trees. Man eats the deer and other plant eaters. Man dies and contributes to the NH3 ----> KNO2 -----> KNO3 ------> N2 and Plant Food.

Added: OR it could be some sort of secret sexual ritual....

cphilip
09-20-2003, 01:18 PM
Ok mister smarty pants! ;) I know but it is rather childish depiction of the thing for a university site to be using is it not? But where is the PAINTBALL!!! :D

Oh and also could be a dipiction of the fact that too much nitrogen can kill? Not sure if you could draw that conclusion or not from the Skeleton. Is a good depiction to use for middle or elementary school I guess...

shartley
09-20-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Ok mister smarty pants! ;) I know but it is rather childish depiction of the thing for a university site to be using is it not? But where is the PAINTBALL!!! :D
Yup... very true.....

I added something to my post. ;) It may explain it better. :D

cphilip
09-20-2003, 01:21 PM
Heh! Now thats more on my level!!!!! :D

elpimpo
09-20-2003, 01:22 PM
bambis back for revenge

Sparq
09-20-2003, 01:31 PM
Oh man, This kinda complicates the cycle a bit...at least the skeleton has a chance against Rudolph now.

RenagadeOfFunk
09-20-2003, 01:33 PM
it looks more like the deer jumps from behind the tree, attacks the dead man dancing, breaks the dead man's knee cap which then contributes to Nitrogen...

or it could be some kind of sexual ritual...

cphilip
09-20-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Sparq
Oh man, This kinda complicates the cycle a bit...at least the skeleton has a chance against Rudolph now.

EXCELLENT! Now that one is worthy of a signature image! Good work. Life is complete now.

SIGSays
09-20-2003, 11:06 PM
lol wierd