PDA

View Full Version : ? for No rise/ULE body users

Pullman
09-20-2003, 06:32 PM
Hey,

I have a hi-rise minimag body that I am thinking of turning into a no-rise. There are folks that can do this for you, and I'll be sending it to them. However, I have heard that if I do this I will have trouble with the balls jumping back out of the feed tube, and that the only way around that is to get a Halo or EggoII loader which will force feed the balls down the tube.

For those of you who have no-rises (or even ULE's they are pretty low) on your mags, is this really a problem? Have you run into this kind of trouble? Will I need a Halo? Is the cool look of a no-rise worth shelling out for a Halo? Or (and this is what I am guessing), is the whole paintballs jumping back into your hopper a myth? Is there anybody out there who runs a no-rise and a 12v Revvy that can reassure me that it won't be a problem?

Thanks,

Marlin:D

RenagadeOfFunk
09-20-2003, 06:39 PM
i have a ULE, with 12 v VL, no problems. A halo works better with a shorter neck...cause it doesn't wait for a ball to move out of the way of a eye like our 12v VL's do...i am geting a HALO soon ;)

Remington
09-20-2003, 06:53 PM
I have a ULE body and use a Reloader and have zero difficulties. I think it's just a myth. ;)

ChucktheMAGician
09-20-2003, 08:14 PM
I used a 9v intelli'ed on my no-rise Tunamag before I got my Halo and never had problems.

afrankart
09-20-2003, 10:28 PM
BTW, an Egg 2 is not force feed.

iownamag
09-22-2003, 06:09 PM
... yes, yes it is. Egg's are not true forcefeed, because they don't have the big fancy tray setup thingy as in the halo, but non-force feed hoppers can only feed 13 point something bps and an egg feeds 17 with da y board... Also if you look inside the hopper does not use gravity to let the balls fall into the breech, the impeller pushes them into the feed tube.

From what I know force feed helps on the problem with bouncing balls, but it shouldn't be much of a dilema except for when you shoot really fast, as long as you have a lvl 10 the worst that will happen is you'll get a bounce or two. Good ol' level 10 :D

Kevmaster
09-22-2003, 08:23 PM
so the fact that the egg pushes balls down the feedtube and into the breech makes them not force feed? so, then, please elaborate, what is the HALO?

back on topic...you should be OK with a lo-rise with a revvie, but you will experiece a little more chopping(pinching w/ LX) than with a halo or eggo

afrankart
09-22-2003, 08:30 PM
I was under the impression that the Egg (I have one) agitates the balls, not pushes them down the feedstack. If it were force feed, it would have some residual pressure on all of the balls from the impeller down. It doesen't do that. The Halo B on the other hand does this with its belt and springs.

iownamag
09-22-2003, 08:33 PM
well then just take another look at how your egg works. The balls in the impeller are forced through the feed tube. The halo just does it much more efficiently and faster.

afrankart
09-22-2003, 08:39 PM
If they were forced out of the feedtube, why won't it feed even 1 ball if you fill the feedneck, turn on the impeller and turn it upside down? I can get 3-4 shots from my Halo B with my whole gun upside down. Now that is force feed.:cool:

Pullman
09-22-2003, 10:30 PM
Afrankart & Iownamag,

Thanks for explaining to me the diff between the Eggo and Halo. I can now see why Oddessy (sic?) can get an extra $50 for their hopper. As much as I love woodsball I don't see myself hanging upside down any time soon (certainly not with $120 hopper hanging off my marker).

For the rest of you...:rolleyes:

What have your personal (as in you own these pieces of equipment and have used them in the field) experiences been with running a Revvy or Reloader on a no-rise body with an X/RT valve been like?

Thanks a ton:D

athomas
09-23-2003, 10:40 AM
I ran a revy on a ULE body with my emag for this year with no problems at all. I had a level 10 which gets rid of the blowback/bobble problem. I wouldn't have wanted to try it without the level 10.

The egg is not a force feed loader. I just recently put one on my mag. It lines up the balls for faster feeding and gets them to the feed tube, but gravity is required to deliver the balls to the breach. The egg will help prevent blowback because the impeller holds the balls in the stack from backing up.

iownamag
09-23-2003, 05:19 PM
If the impeller holds the balls into the stack then it is obviously pushing on them, and that means when the impeller spins it will push them forcefully into the breech, thus force feed. I don't give a crap that you can't shoot upside down :rolleyes: , in my book when the balls are forced into the stack it is force feed. :eek:

afrankart
09-23-2003, 05:35 PM
In that case, every single motorized hopper out there would be force feed because they also have an impeller forcing:rolleyes: (agitating) them into the feedneck right?

athomas
09-23-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by iownamag
If the impeller holds the balls into the stack then it is obviously pushing on them, and that means when the impeller spins it will push them forcefully into the breech, thus force feed. I don't give a crap that you can't shoot upside down :rolleyes: , in my book when the balls are forced into the stack it is force feed. :eek:

Using that explaination would be the same as saying a straight tube full of paintballs is forcefed if you hold your finger over the top of the tube to hold them in place in case the gun is turned upside down. :)

A HALO will actually force the balls up a tube. The Egg will only allow gravity to affect the feeding of the ball.

iownamag
09-23-2003, 06:21 PM
which is why it's not called "true" forcefeed, but there is obviously something different because they don't let the stack bounce around on a no rise body, and they feed faster than an agitated feed is physically capable of! Could you please tell me what you want to call it then?

afrankart
09-23-2003, 06:38 PM
The force of gravity itself can force up to 16.6666 balls per second. All these hoppers do is make sure that the balls don't jam up at the feedneck and can load as fast as gravity can suck them down. A Halo B puts more force on the ball stack than gravity does. That is why it, the warpfeed, and the q-loader (I believe) are the ONLY force-feed loaders.

Pullman
09-23-2003, 10:32 PM
We are all clear that the Halo is a better loader than the Eggo II. That isn't what this thread is about.

I was looking for folks that had used no-rises and X / RT valves with less expensive loaders like straight 12v Revvys and Reloaders. It doesn't seem to me that either of you fall into this category. If you do you haven't mentioned anything about it.

If afrankart and iownamag would like to start their own thread about what does or doesn't constitute a forcefeed loader you are more than welcome to. Please keep your silly argument out of mine.

I keep reading that I have answers to my thread and when I get here it's just you two saying, "Yes it is!" "Nah Uh!" "Yuh Huh!" Please stop.

Thanks a ton,
:D

iownamag
09-24-2003, 01:04 PM
fine then I'll answer your question again (I kinda did in my first post). I played with a turbo revy (yea its not a normal one but same difference) and I had no problems with it. As long as you have a lvl 10 and can tolerate a pinch or bounce every so often its alright.

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
09-24-2003, 01:54 PM
:D I get A lot more balls than 3-4 shots up side down... try like 8+ with a warpfeed hehe!!!!!!!

Kevmaster
09-24-2003, 10:06 PM
we're running on different definitions of 'force feed' And there is no standard definiton...sadly...so lets agree to disagree, eh?

yes, a revvie will work on your ULE body...you may expereince slight pinching or chopping at 9-10bps +, but other than that, you will be fine