PDA

View Full Version : Is it true about Dye 03 Sticky's?

RenagadeOfFunk
09-20-2003, 07:01 PM
I was at pbreview.com and 03 stickys only got a 6 of 10...everyone (about 40 people) complained that the back part of the grips ripped after the first day of use...

...i was oging to get some...now i am not...thank you pbreview...

FooTemps
09-20-2003, 07:06 PM
yep, people on ao posted about it too

dinger
09-20-2003, 07:07 PM
screw DYE stickies

wheres da AGD stickies?!?! :D

nt2004
09-20-2003, 07:25 PM
hmmm my friend has been using them for about 2 months now with his intelliframe. The back still hasnt ripped and his cord is coming out under it. It looks like there is some definite pressure being put on them from his intelli cord but they still look like new

RenagadeOfFunk
09-20-2003, 07:25 PM
oh yeah AGD stickys!! We need some better barrels (ones that look cool) ;) and maybe a hopper ;) they made a warp now make a hopper ;)

FutureMagOwner
09-20-2003, 07:36 PM
yeah the fixed them pretty much ive seen some stuffed onto intimidators with clamshells without being cut!

Marek
09-20-2003, 07:40 PM
There was a bad batch a few months ago when they came out, but I think they fixed the problem. At least, that's what they say.

Nachos
09-20-2003, 07:58 PM
You guys want AGD barrels and hoppers when it took AGD 2 years to make a little piece of plastic to fix an already released product that was defective?!?!

What kind of drugs are you on and may I have some?

RenagadeOfFunk
09-20-2003, 11:59 PM
we need to see your license for the drug ;)

Army
09-21-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Nachos
You guys want AGD barrels and hoppers when it took AGD 2 years to make a little piece of plastic to fix an already released product that was defective?!?!
Wow, let's exaggerate just a wee bit....and people wonder how stupid rumors get started.

AGD could not find the proper polymer in America, so went to England for it. The first batch came back out of spec (...and this was AGD's fault somehow?), but the second batch is even better than the original specs called for.

AGD could have tossed you the crappy parts, like other companies do, and not care. OR, you could wait just a little longer for a BETTER part to get here.

-=Squid=-
09-21-2003, 12:30 AM
Yes, I hear they are making the new ones with softer, more stretchy rubber that wont tear. I would like some, but stupid angels use stupid grips.

spydervenom
09-21-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Marek
There was a bad batch a few months ago when they came out, but I think they fixed the problem. At least, that's what they say.

not a bad batch...they just didn't R+D enough

Blennidae
09-21-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by spydervenom

I'm not so sure on that one. I recently received my replacements from Dye, and the design looks the same, but the rubber looks different. So far they have held up for a few days, which is better than the last pair. For me, the jury is still out. I want to see if they hold up over te long run.

shartley
09-21-2003, 06:59 PM
Anyone want to apply that same principle to AGD? This is not a slam on AGD, in fact quite the opposite…

When it comes to rubber I can tell you that it is easy to get a bad batch, or the wrong composition. I say this from personal experience as well as from when I used to work in extruding for rubber seals for the automobile industry. And unfortunately sometimes it takes awhile to realize you have a bad batch.

Many times it has nothing to do with R&D. And I believe this to be the case with the new grips. The new grips were ripping so soon after they were put on people’s markers that for DYE to NOT know there was a problem would have meant NO R&D at all… OR… a bad batch of rubber.

Which is more likely? My money would go on the improper composition of rubber due to an error…. But to each their own.

spydervenom
09-21-2003, 07:10 PM
i'm guessing they slipped them on a dye frame and said they were good to go

shartley
09-21-2003, 07:15 PM
i'm guessing ..........
;)

spydervenom
09-21-2003, 07:18 PM
...by guessing i mean i talked to dave youngblood;)

Spartan X
09-21-2003, 07:21 PM
may I sujjest Evil Stickies, I have them on my viking and like them better then the dye's

shartley
09-21-2003, 07:33 PM
...by guessing i mean i talked to dave youngblood;)
Then why say "guessing"? If you know it to be FACT because someone on the inside told you, just say it as such. Seems that no guessing would be needed..... ;)

RenagadeOfFunk
09-27-2003, 09:51 AM
ok, well if they are fixed i guess im gong to buy a red one ;)

hardr0ck68
09-27-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by RenagadeOfFunkRTPcf
ok, well if they are fixed i guess im gong to buy a red one ;)

Oh no dont guess, shartly will be all up on you for that. Since you know you and what you are gonna do its better to say "i have inside information that says im gonna get some stickies" :rolleyes: :D

RenagadeOfFunk
09-27-2003, 11:05 AM
but i dont know cause i only have $200 and im getting Dye gloves ($40) Red HALO ($120) and entry or AO-IL day ($25/i have 2k balls for the day already) and then entry for another game ($10/ i already have paint) so that $195 then tax so its $210 almost...now once i get the other $30 then i can say im getting red 03 dye stickys........happy?

trex
09-27-2003, 11:02 PM
I have had mine on i-frame for a couple weeks now with no problems. The rubber definitely appears different than that of the older sticky 03's. I've yet to see any of the older kind that still has the back strap intact.

trex

Tron
09-28-2003, 02:25 AM
Have two pairs on clamshells for the last month and a half looks like dye fixed the problem...

SpecialBlend2786
09-28-2003, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Spartan X
may I sujjest Evil Stickies, I have them on my viking and like them better then the dye's

I didn't know Evil made Stickies. Where can you get them?

RenagadeOfFunk
09-28-2003, 02:21 PM
a store...ok i MIGHT get some red stickys....thanks for your help every1

Splat
09-29-2003, 12:26 AM
I bought the new stickies a while ago. They fit well on the intelli. And they're MUCH tackier (the sticky point of stickies) then my old grips. i like them, I've found nothing wrong with them yet.

circus5
09-29-2003, 08:53 AM
My little bro got a pair of sticky 3s a bit ago (the extra-sexy gray ones). They fit just fine on his AutoResponse frame. AR frames are a little thicker than most other mag frames, so i think the problem is fixed.

Marek
09-29-2003, 01:04 PM

They seem to be working fine on my I-frame. This is from the new "batch". Or maybe they did more R&D. Either way, they look nice and are comfy.