PDA

View Full Version : usps sucks

laxkid
09-21-2003, 11:35 PM
I think we should boycott usps because they suck at shipping things unlike ups and fedex and airborn express.

giblit
09-22-2003, 12:08 AM
my cousin works for ups so i never have a problem.

ERut
09-22-2003, 12:10 AM
I love usps, by far the cheapest way to ship.

Steelrat
09-22-2003, 12:12 AM
How, exactly, do they suck?

laxkid
09-22-2003, 12:13 AM
erut you havent had a 600 dollar paintball gun lost in the mail

Steelrat
09-22-2003, 12:16 AM
I hope you insured that. The USPS handles BILLIONS of packages and letters each year. No one else even comes close in volume. Some stuff is bound to get misplaced.

laxkid
09-22-2003, 12:18 AM
dude when you ship three day shipping it takes like a week and a half but you know what it could just be my mail man

Steelrat
09-22-2003, 12:20 AM
Priority mail is not a guaranteed three day. The only guaranteed delivery-window product USPS has is express mail. Priority mail is usually 2-3 days, but can be longer.

What did they lose, and did you insure it? If its anything of value, you should ALWAYS insure it.

ZAust
09-22-2003, 12:48 AM
the usps is currently whisking my mag off to agd for a refill on magic elves. it was running low. and yes, ryan, i did insure it.

Steelrat
09-22-2003, 12:52 AM
I think the last magic elf in there was dying *cough cough hack hack wheeeeeezeeeee*

ZAust
09-22-2003, 01:05 AM
you are probably right. :D

sps16
09-22-2003, 01:14 AM
ups.com is the way to go, i just had a bad experience with it tho, hopefully their clear it up nicely.

shartley
09-22-2003, 05:54 AM
I have never had a problem with the USPS… however, I have had problems with UPS and FedEx. Go figure…

Mango
09-22-2003, 06:03 AM
I think they are all great. Never had a problem with any.

Albinonewt
09-22-2003, 07:28 AM
I had several glitches with Airborne Express back in the days that I was working at a Insruance Company doing payables. I can't tell you how many uninsured truck drivers were out on the East Coast because Airborne lost or didn't deliver an overnight payment. :(

graycie
09-22-2003, 09:52 AM
I'm on the fence with this one. I used to really like the postal service up until recently when I ordered a textbook online, and tracked it for two weeks for it to be eventually sent back to the seller. Other books by postal service arrived fine, but for now UPS for parcels and postal service for letters.

Torbo
09-22-2003, 11:06 AM
ups has done bad things to me many a time. They always seem to not deliver stuff till days later. Anyway, i like usps cuz its mad cheap, and cheap= good

RRfireblade
09-22-2003, 12:06 PM
I use 'em all,and I've been suprised at how good USPS has been for me.I've had probs with them all BUT USPS and thier prices on most things are cheaper.I'm using them more and more now.

Jay.

RoadDawg
09-22-2003, 06:32 PM
I always do USPS. They are cheaper and are way more convienant for me. If you look into it UPS, Fedex, Airborne and basically all carriers have lost packages from time to time. It's unfortunate but with mass volumes it is bound to happen. Tough break. Hope it was insured or at least had tracking confirmation.

pbcustom98
09-22-2003, 11:16 PM
never had a problem with anything ive shipped or recieved. everything was fine and i didnt have any hassle. i havent used anything else then USPS..

Daniel

Ter-Me-Nate
09-23-2003, 12:12 AM
i will never never and i repeat never ship anything ups again,

why, shipped $1000.00 onkyo reciever "had inspected for proper packing at the shipping center" bought a $20 insurance

they approved the item and said it was packed fine for shipping. the people i shipped it to reported damaged on delevery, "beat to death" and what does ups report back to me on the claim,

O, we will not cover they item due to improper packing,
and my local ups that approved the packing to begin with acted like they had no idea and said to me they never inspect a package when shipped so they could not have said it was packed right. I had took it to the corp. level and they were in fear of there jobs or somthing.

I battled with them for 6 months and i even talked to an lawyer, he said i might as well forget it because the cost would not justify it.

so UPS can .....haaa well u know what i mean
i researched the issue and they will due this 95% of the time

magking1971
09-23-2003, 07:35 PM
Like you said Ter-me-nate, good luck with a claim for damaged product with UPS, you will NEVER get you money back with them.
I got a VERY large shipment of paintball equipment and it looked like it had been dragged behind the truck the whole way and UPS would not even send someone out to look at it.
I had to eat the cost on that one.
Fedx or USPS ONLY from now on.

Pokaris
09-23-2003, 07:46 PM
All I can say is I'll take UPS, Fed Ex or USPS over Air Ex. Air Ex. leaves packages in the hall of my apartment complex, guess how many times we've actually found them, twice out of like nine attempts. My roommate gets a lot of games from Microsoft Retail program and they all magically vanish. Seriously UPS and FedEx leave a note and you can either go get it or be there the next day.

Leaving stuff by the door of apartments in a college town is not cool.

ttoad4000t
09-24-2003, 04:35 PM
I only ship Airborne Express, and all packages were recieved on time, never beat up, now i have had many, many problems with USPS, once with UPS, and FedEX is too exspensive. So i belive Airborne Express is the best way to go.

:)