PDA

View Full Version : Automags.org Pump Forum?

Tyril
09-22-2003, 06:40 PM
I'm just curious here. I've heard a couple times from the more pump enthusiasts here about the omission of an Automags.org pump forum. Have there been any major thoughts from the higher-ups about that possibility?

I ask because automags.org is undoubtably the best, most civil, most fact-based internet paintball forum on the 'net, and I believe that the pump community is missing out on what could be a great experience.

There already is an angel forum, and it seems to be pretty successful.

Just throwing out the idea. what do you guys think?

-mike

Miscue
09-22-2003, 06:42 PM
Hurm...

shartley
09-22-2003, 07:04 PM
Actually I know of several Pump forums, and other private forums that have pump followings that do quite alright…. and AO has nothing on them but numbers. In fact they are even more civil than AO is… to be honest. This does not take away from what AO is though.

I would not be opposed to a pump forum on AO, but to think that the pump “community” is missing out on anything because AO currently does not have a pump forum is in my opinion a little off base.

Fred
09-22-2003, 08:05 PM
even though we get friendly ribbing, those of us who prefer to go by "accuracy by aim" and "one shot one elim", are pretty well represented here on AO... and I for one don't mind not having a pump forum...

for pump stuff...

Phantom Owners Group (http://www.phog.org )

Paintball Marshals (http://www.paintballresource.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=53&sid=)

Pumpplayers.com (http://www.pumpplayers.com )

There are others, but these are 3 of the best...

---Fred

bornl33t
09-22-2003, 08:06 PM
the one thing I've noticed... pumps are IN again! I even got me one!

Strider
09-22-2003, 09:42 PM
Nah, I don't see a need. Between the pump only forums out there and the General forum theres enough already...

space_weazel_45
09-23-2003, 02:21 AM
heat: me to ive got a black phantom vsc .45 w/ 3.5 oz on order. what you get?

Tyger
09-23-2003, 05:09 AM
Well, AGD does make pump accessories. See?

http://www.tyger.us/pubimages/Phantom_Warp/PhreakWarp2.JPG

Don't hurt me too much, ok? :)

-Tyger

bornl33t
09-23-2003, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by space_weazel_45
heat: me to ive got a black phantom vsc .45 w/ 3.5 oz on order. what you get?

Silver vsc.45 with 11"barrel 15rd stocker body, t-stock and all clear plastics, with a 45mm adco on top... I payed 317$ SHIPPED to my front door BRAND SPANKING NEW. I wanted a used one... but somehow ppl though a used one was still worth 350$ WTF is wrong with ppl?

Prezents
09-23-2003, 07:36 AM
I would be there. I love playing pump. As we speak I am working on my Illusion:D

Jeffy-CanCon
09-23-2003, 02:37 PM
Nah.

I gotta go with Strider and Fred on this one. There are enough pump-specific forums out there. And I feel like I could ask a pump related question here if I wanted.

If it was here, I'd check it often, and post there, but I don't think we need to make any more work for Webby.

Tyril
09-24-2003, 10:32 PM
anyone else have an opinion?

Just got my phantom VSC .45 today!

w00t!

-mike

Cliffio
09-24-2003, 11:45 PM
the reason AO has an angel forum is because it was for sale, or something along those lines. i dont even remember what it use to be angel*something*.com or somethin, i cant remember

a if we add a pump forum, then what? cocker? timmy? i think AO is good the way its going.

Cliff

DiRTyBuNNy
09-25-2003, 01:15 AM
I don't think I heard Cliff say "Matrix"?

btw, Cliff...where you been...haven't seen you in forever...

Quickling
09-25-2003, 08:20 AM
maybe... And here is why. I belong to many pump forums, and over the last few months that I went back to more I have seen a large growth. IN THE LAST FEW MONTHS! That is so great.

However, most online pump communities are players that play mostly pump, and in mostly pump games. There is little for those who play pump AND semi. Or play pump in semi only games.

On the flip side, this is a haven for mag owners and mag lovers... and the more forums you add the more like PBN it becomes.