PDA

View Full Version : Is It Possible 2 Get A Vented ULE Body?

DiSoRdeR
09-22-2003, 07:31 PM
So That It Looks Like The Body On a Minimag

Will Wood
09-22-2003, 07:32 PM
I'm guessing nope. Alum. is too weak for that.

DiSoRdeR
09-22-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Will Wood
I'm guessing nope. Alum. is too weak for that. guessing, so theres a possibility?? :D

GaryWV
09-22-2003, 07:52 PM
Maybe custom, but as far as I know, not directly from AGD.

DiSoRdeR
09-22-2003, 07:56 PM
Im getting a minimag and I like how the vented body looks, but The ULE body is nice to.. thats why I want to get a vented ULE body. Where Could I Get a Custom One?

ZAust
09-22-2003, 08:03 PM
youre best chance would be to buy a raw one then look around for someone to mill it for you. but i dont think it would work. it would certainly void your warranty, it would screw with the tolarances on the body and it would just look plain fugly.

DiSoRdeR
09-22-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by ZAust
it would just look plain fugly. lol, it was just an idea i had thought it would look good but I guess your right

FalconGuy016
09-22-2003, 08:12 PM
Sorry, I dont think AGD would do that :( They have other thigns in line at the moment

RRfireblade
09-22-2003, 08:40 PM
Couldn't mill it there anyway,that's where the barrel screws in.

DiSoRdeR
09-22-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade
Couldn't mill it there anyway,that's where the barrel screws in. I was thinking if the front part was extended and then had the venting on it, but i guess it will never work

FalconGuy016
09-22-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by DiSoRdeR
I was thinking if the front part was extended and then had the venting on it, but i guess it will never work
They are probably dropping that look.

And you know what I just realized? If its a ULE body, that means its ultra light engineering. Adding an extension for the sake of nothing but looks for a 'lot' more extra weight would contradict the whole point.

But I got a minimag too and I like it :)

DiSoRdeR
09-22-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
Adding an extension for the sake of nothing but looks for a 'lot' more extra weight would contradict the whole point.
I agree but im trying to think of ways to get a minimag to have a centerfeed :D

Halliday
09-22-2003, 09:45 PM
Like this one?

http://www.diggthis.com/images/products/gun1_sm.jpg

http://www.diggthis.com/guns/cfmain.htm

DiSoRdeR
09-22-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Halliday
Like this one? Yeah ive been to that website but, I want the centerfeed a little lower :(

Halliday
09-22-2003, 10:03 PM
Get it custom modded by someone doing No-Rises'.

BradAGD
09-23-2003, 12:42 PM
yeah, get one and I'll shorten the feed neck for you...

OR

I've cut off the front of a Minimag once and still have it here. I might be able to mount that on your ULE body for a really freaky looking gun...

just some ideas

edweird
09-23-2003, 12:46 PM
this kinds goes against the whole concept of ULE...

the vented area up front of the minimag (apart for the cool factor) is just decoartive flash.

BradAGD
09-23-2003, 12:54 PM
true but so are the cool colors and nickel...

but that hasn't stopped me from making some cool stuff.

Strider
09-23-2003, 02:04 PM
If you want it badly enough, get a slug and have someone make you one. :)

DiSoRdeR
09-23-2003, 05:06 PM
How much would that cost? and would it need different barrels if it was a centerfeed instead of a powerfeed?

DiSoRdeR
09-23-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by BradAGD
yeah, get one and I'll shorten the feed neck for you So If I Got One Like this http://diggthis.com/images/products/gun3_sm.jpg
You would shorten it? And how would you shorten it?

BradAGD
09-23-2003, 06:39 PM
I can do it:

Midrise:the feed bell is just above the vent hole
Lowrise: no hole showing but a small bit of feed tube under the feed bell
Norise: the feed bell is machined to fit directly on the body.

cool?

DiSoRdeR
09-23-2003, 07:01 PM
I would want it to look like how high the one on the ule body looks maybe a little higher
http://store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1760_94332582
And how much Would It Cost?

BradAGD
09-23-2003, 10:48 PM
so a mid rise then...

can be done. Get the body and I'll shorten it up for you.

DiSoRdeR
09-23-2003, 11:57 PM
I will have the body on october 18 (my birthday) but that is when i will buy it online, and then i have to wait for it to come :(

FooTemps
09-24-2003, 12:58 AM
you should get an over the valve sluggo and get the back vented so it's like a reverse minimag.

DiSoRdeR
09-24-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps
you should get an over the valve sluggo and get the back vented so it's like a reverse minimag.
:rolleyes: hmmm would have to see a picture of that

DiSoRdeR
09-24-2003, 08:07 PM
Do CenterFeed Minimags Need Different Barrels( Just Thought About This)

Halliday
09-24-2003, 08:20 PM
Yes, but you can mod your old ones to fit. Do a search on this.

DiSoRdeR
09-24-2003, 09:11 PM
Im beginning to think all of this will be to much of a hassle :( , and I might just end up getting a powerfeed mini... What do you guys think I should do... :confused:

FooTemps
09-24-2003, 09:32 PM
Hexis designed the body. I think it's awesome. I even saved it for future reference. lol

DiSoRdeR
09-24-2003, 09:37 PM
lookin good :D

DiSoRdeR
09-24-2003, 09:46 PM
but back to my question, what do you guys think i should do? just go with a powerfeed? or what getting a centerfeed and getting it shortened which will need differnt barrels to fit it seems to much of a hassle :( what should I do?

Halliday
09-24-2003, 10:04 PM
Probally just get a 98 Custom.

Paintchucker
09-24-2003, 11:10 PM
but back to my question, what do you guys think i should do? just go with a powerfeed? or what getting a centerfeed and getting it shortened which will need differnt barrels to fit it seems to much of a hassle :( what should I do?

Don't worry about the ULE, just get you a good mini-body. You can pick them up pretty cheap, and ULE is a cool concept, but I miss my twist-lock barrel, no matter how much lighter it is !

And when you get your emag, you can take the dremel tool to the mini-body and be probably the 4th or 5th Mini-Emag !!!

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1033073

DiSoRdeR
09-25-2003, 05:03 PM
Probally just get a 98 Custom.
Thats What I Have Now.... :rolleyes:

DiSoRdeR
09-25-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Paintchucker
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1033073 :eek: I MUST HAVE THAT!!! that thing is awesome.... where can i get one of those?????

WARPED1
09-25-2003, 05:16 PM
Buy a sluggo body and get it custom milled.

Halliday
09-25-2003, 05:26 PM

Thats What I Have Now.... :rolleyes:

So, what's wrong with the 98? Is it your gun or your game?

WARPED1
09-25-2003, 05:29 PM
Tippmans are great guns.............for woodsball. They're just too long for speedball type games.

DiSoRdeR
09-25-2003, 05:31 PM

So, what's wrong with the 98? Is it your gun or your game?
Theres nothin wroung with my 98 custom, gonna keep it as my bak up. Just want something new, And a mag is just what im lookin for :D nothing against tippmanns there great guns just like agd markers more

DiSoRdeR
09-25-2003, 10:37 PM
PaintChucker do know any 1 who is sellin one of those??? I Must have 1 now :D, Right when i was about to settle for a regular powerfeed mini you show me this :p

Paintchucker
09-25-2003, 11:08 PM
That is a normal polished minimag hopper right body. Now you can easily put an emag/rt pro body on the older minimag/mag body rail because the emag body has a smaller round nub, and the body rail on the minimag/mag body rail is bigger and square. The hard part comes in when you try to fit the larger square nub from a minimag/mag body onto the smaller hole in the emag/rtp hole.

However, with a little patience and some time with a dremel, you can shave the larger square nub on the minimag body to be "roundish" and it will fit into the emag body rail. It probably took me about 1.5 hours with the dremel tool to do. As far as I know, I have only seen about 3 of these conversions. Possibly a fourth,... I know a guy asked me about it, and was considering doing a centerfeed minimag body on his emag, but never heard back again or saw pictures. The only thing rarer is an original RT body conversion, which is uber sexy!!!(see the purple guns in this forum for a picture)

I think the other two in existence were custom made by GreyGoose or maybe RobAGD???? but I wouldn't swear to it. ChucktheMagician has one of them. Check my siggy link to "Paintchucker's guns" for more pictures!!!

Athius
09-26-2003, 12:24 AM

Don't worry about the ULE, just get you a good mini-body. You can pick them up pretty cheap, and ULE is a cool concept, but I miss my twist-lock barrel, no matter how much lighter it is !

And when you get your emag, you can take the dremel tool to the mini-body and be probably the 4th or 5th Mini-Emag !!!

IMO twist lock sucks:rolleyes:

Disorder get a ULE body after u put that on your mag u wont want to go back to the minimag body.

bob87
09-26-2003, 10:32 AM
IMO twist lock sucks :eek:

DiSoRdeR
09-26-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Athius
Disorder get a ULE body after u put that on your mag u wont want to go back to the minimag body.
Im starting to just think i should get a tko mag and get a ule, but then again i like mini's.lol Im One of those people that always wants to get something new when they see it. but Think I should just get a tko mag and a ule??? then upgrade from there

RenagadeOfFunk
09-26-2003, 08:40 PM
sounds like good ideas...(i dont know i like to post;) almost to 1million ;))

Athius
09-26-2003, 11:45 PM

Im starting to just think i should get a tko mag and get a ule, but then again i like mini's.lol Im One of those people that always wants to get something new when they see it. but Think I should just get a tko mag and a ule??? then upgrade from there

Thats a great idea trust me ull love it.

sneakyhacker420
09-27-2003, 03:38 PM
Yeah ive been to that website but, I want the centerfeed a little lower :(

i have a polished diggers centerfeed minimag body that i might sell

it has the high-rise on it, but for $40, you can send it to RobAGD and have him make it into a no-rise minimag body, and for $90, he'll put a clamping feed cup on it

Cryer
09-27-2003, 06:51 PM
I have a whole diggers minimag I need to get rid of, complete with centerfeed barrel and Level 10 (PM me, we can talk...;)).

As far as I know, there's no place to buy a digger centerfire minimag anymore... (aside from a lucky find on ebay) they stopped making them 2 or 3 years ago...:(

BTW, I thought I might add: It sounds like you're heading down the exact same road I did...
I started out with a tippmann, but wanted something new, so I got a diggers minimag. (So, you could buy my diggers minimag and be really cool, just like me;) ;) :p )

shartley
09-27-2003, 06:56 PM
That is just SWEET.

As for twist locks… I LOVE mine. My only real issue is that you can’t get a Pipe for them. But that is fixed with the new bodies not having twist lock barrels.

Cryer
09-27-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by shartley
...As for twist locks… I LOVE mine. My only real issue is that you can’t get a Pipe for them. But that is fixed with the new bodies not having twist lock barrels.

...Or Doc Nickel's adapter...;)

DiSoRdeR
09-27-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Cryer
I have a whole diggers minimag I need to get rid of, complete with centerfeed barrel and Level 10 (PM me, we can talk...;)).

As far as I know, there's no place to buy a digger centerfire minimag anymore... (aside from a lucky find on ebay) they stopped making them 2 or 3 years ago...:(

BTW, I thought I might add: It sounds like you're heading down the exact same road I did...
I started out with a tippmann, but wanted something new, so I got a diggers minimag. (So, you could buy my diggers minimag and be really cool, just like me;) ;) :p )
They Still make them diggthis (http://www.diggthis.com), and im think of just goin with a classic now and upgradin it from there.

Cryer
09-29-2003, 07:29 AM
I actually called them to order one like last year sometime and they told me they dont sell them any more:(
I was lucky to find mine on ebay.

Classics are cool, too. Go with the TKO package if you don't find a good deal here. A ULE body and a Y or I frame would be a good first investment afterwards.

Here's how I upgraded my mag:

1. LX
2. I-frame
3. Omega rail
4. ULE & Teardrop barrel
5. X-valve

In either case, You'll be pleased with the end results.

Tobe2be
09-29-2003, 09:15 AM
well cryer i think this is your pic of a mini ule that made everyone go crazy.....http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?postid=878449

FooTemps
09-29-2003, 09:25 AM
wait... meh!?! that's photoshopped! It has to be... the one in cryer's sig is different...

Cryer
09-29-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by FooTemps
wait... meh!?! that's photoshopped! It has to be... the one in cryer's sig is different...

Lol... :p:DYeah, I PS'ed it. This topic came up a while ago, and I did that mainly to humor myself and see what it would look like... I was gonna bring that up, but I forgot where I posted it and I'm too lazy to search:p Thanks for findin it for me, 2b:p

DiSoRdeR
09-29-2003, 05:55 PM
I actually called them to order one like last year sometime and they told me they dont sell them any more:(

So thats why the dont reply to my emails... hmmmm

Classics are cool, too. Go with the TKO package if you don't find a good deal here. A ULE body and a Y or I frame would be a good first investment afterwards.

Here's how I upgraded my mag:

1. LX
2. I-frame
3. Omega rail
4. ULE & Teardrop barrel
5. X-valve

In either case, You'll be pleased with the end results.
That Is what I have decided to do is but a TKO package and upgrade it from there. But I have a question, what Is a I-frame, and do you have a picture of one? I have never heard of them, although I have heard of Z-grips and Y-Grips

MoBiLe
09-29-2003, 08:21 PM
the "i" frame is the intelliframe

DiSoRdeR
09-29-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by MoBiLe
the "i" frame is the intelliframe
:rolleyes: Thats what I wanted to get and then cryer confused me :p

Tobe2be
09-30-2003, 10:59 AM
no problem cryer but you have to keep people on there toes and tell them that is was custom made.......anyways no problem man i think a mini ule would look wicked.to bad there are not gonna be made.

DiSoRdeR
10-08-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Tobe2be
i think a mini ule would look wicked.to bad there are not conna be made.
Sucks dont it :(