PDA

View Full Version : Spacer Probs

n8-J
09-22-2003, 09:41 PM
Hey there I own a micromag with the old a.i.r vavle. I just bought a spacer kit to replace the power tube spring, I also bought a new on/off assembly, spring pack assembly and a new regulator nut. Due to switching to HPA. I checked the instructions concerning the spacers and started out with the 25, I went outside and fired off a few shot. The gun would double fire and then go into auto (with little power) until I pulled the trigger again. With every trigger pull I would get a fire, then followed with a smaller blast of air. I went on to a smaller spacer and the story remained the same, for the 20 and 15. I tried the 35 and 30 and I had leakage down the barrel so I immediately realized they were to big. I switched the new on off with the old on, and left in the 25 spacer. I fired it once and that was it, I got a huge burst on continual air down the barrel untill I took the tank off. I even sliced the little oring inside the on/off in half. I don't know what to do, I was told that adding these spacers instead of the spring would improve my trigger a bit, but it seems I am having a bit of a time finding the right one for the job. Any suggestions.

Thanks
n8j:D

n8-J
09-24-2003, 09:58 AM
Has anyone had any sort of problem after installing the spacers in the classic a.i.r valve. Don't know but could it be the sear at all???

athomas
09-25-2003, 10:18 AM
Keep the old on/off assembly in the gun. Micromags use a different pin length, so use the original one you have if it works. You should however, replace the on/off top with the new one if the old one has the X cut in it. The new ones are universal. Put nice new o-rings in the on/off.

If the 25 spacer leaks when the gun is at rest, then put the 20 in. If the 20 leaks, then put the 15 in.

check the sear. If it shows signs of wear, especially at the tip, replace it.

PyRo
09-25-2003, 11:50 AM
That new reg thing for HPA is a load of bull. Did you buy an AGD reg or some wierd aftermarket one?
Use the stock on-off, or another one made by AGD if your using an aftermarket one throw it away.
The spacers won't help your trigger, I think they just moved to them because the springs wore out, spacers didn't.

The auto you are refering to sounds like your top on-off teflon o-ring is broke, replace that and see what happens. Thats probably your whole problem as you mentioned you later discovered it broken. Replace it and carfully put everything back in place, if you have an old style on-off don't put it in upside down.

n8-J
09-25-2003, 02:22 PM
Everything I bought was from agd, straight from there site. I check the old on/off with the new one and the pin seems to be the same size, when comparing them side by side. The sear does seem to be a little rounded at the tip. I did adjust the sear length, not knowing that it wasn't a good idea. What should the lenght of the rod be set at?
Thanks

PyRo
09-25-2003, 03:02 PM
1.985in
That could easially be your problem.

n8-J
09-26-2003, 12:38 AM
ok not sure on what you mean, do you mean the rod part of the sear assembly should be 1.985 inches

http://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/parts/aasearassem_med.jpg

From the tip of the rod to the sear part?

thanks
n8j
:D

PyRo
09-26-2003, 11:46 AM
:)
Front of the trigger rod to the back of the trigger rod.

n8-J
09-26-2003, 04:38 PM
Ok that's what I thought, I'll give it a try and see how it works. I have a spring there to push the trigger back should I put the spring on too? Thanks for all the help!
Really appreciated.

n8j

PyRo
09-28-2003, 09:37 AM
So did it work? And whats this spring, is that a micromag thing ive never heard of it.

n8-J
09-29-2003, 11:10 AM
I put it to just under two inches, I am not sure what 1.985 inchs is. Anyways I aired up and the trigger is really tight, couldn't even get it to fire. Everything moves, and I think I can feel the on/off moving but no gas release (no fire). So I am going to get refilled with HPA and try again, slowly adjusting the sear rod. I'll try it later today. Thanks for all the help!

I'm not sure about the spring I have ran it with and without and really can't feel a diff, some guy told me it was supposed to simulate an active trigger, but I'm not to sure.

n8j

n8-J
10-03-2003, 04:21 PM
Ok I tried changing my sear rod back to normal but that didn't work at all, at some lengths the gun woulndn't even fire??? Anyways I tried playing around with the length but it just wouldn't work with the spacers. After firing the gun the bolt wouldn't reset, causing it to leak down the barrel, like I said in prevous post I tried every spacer without success. I thought I would try the (powertube) spring, and fired a few shots. It worked better the bolt would reset and I didn't have any leakage. Should I just leave the spring in there??? Does it make any differents spring or spacer???
Thanks guys, I do appreciate any help. I have a pretty big game coming up this sat, approx 150-300 people depending on the weather.
I think for christmas I am giving up the classic valve and getting either a rt or an x valve, I have had enough of playing around!!!

athomas
10-04-2003, 10:13 PM
If the powertube spring works, then use it. The spacers are for better fine tuning, but if you can't find the correct one for your setup, then use what works.