PDA

View Full Version : Help! I Can't Talk to Girls!

RiddalinJunkie08
09-23-2003, 07:42 PM
I have the hardest time talking to girls. Like there is this one girl in the band room where I eat lunch at school and I cannot talk to her. I am always nervous b/c I don't want to sound like an ***. The only times I can talk to them is after a really long time of talking online or being in a big group. But I can't talk one on one. And obviously this creats problems with getting girlfriends.

Please give me some advice especially from girls b/c they know what they want. Thanks in advance.

Python14
09-23-2003, 07:48 PM
I talk to girls the same way I talk to guys. If you change your personality, it will only cause problems. That's my best tip ever.

FalconGuy016
09-23-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by RiddalinJunkie08
I have the hardest time talking to girls. Like there is this one girl in the band room where I eat lunch at school and I cannot talk to her. I am always nervous b/c I don't want to sound like an ***. The only times I can talk to them is after a really long time of talking online or being in a big group. But I can't talk one on one. And obviously this creats problems with getting girlfriends.

Please give me some advice especially from girls b/c they know what they want. Thanks in advance.
hEY!

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM!
<B>EXACT!</b>
AS A MATTER OF FACT I MADE A THREAD TOO A LONG TIME AGO! :)
*tears of joy that there others like me*
Great timing too cause im asking my first girl to homecoming (asking my first girl for ANYTHING) on thursday... yeah... nervous breakdown insueing

Daroy99
09-23-2003, 08:03 PM
Take a chill pill guys. I was like that when i was in the heart of puberty in 8th grade. I'm now in 10th and its very, very easy for me. It'll come naturally. Just be your self and you'll be fine. And everyone gets nervous asking a girl out..dance....etc... so don't worry about it.

Multi-Colored J
09-23-2003, 08:10 PM
I had the same problem. I always would think I would fail, or look stupid, or something like that. Just kind of talk to her like you would any guy. If the girl is very...entergetic...you probably won't look stupid at all. If you get to know her really well (online) then it'll be easier.

-J

FalconGuy016
09-23-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Multi-Colored J
I had the same problem. I always would think I would fail, or look stupid, or something like that.
-J

Its not really that, its more like... I just cant. I can even WATCH myself not being able to talk. Its strange

BTW im a junior lol

SIGSays
09-23-2003, 08:21 PM
tip #1 start outside the band room

Miscue
09-23-2003, 08:25 PM

Please give me some advice especially from girls b/c they know what they want.

No they don't. It's your job to figure out what they want, and give it to them... even though they don't know themselves. :p

Girl thinking: "I want something, but dunno what. But I will whine until I get it."

Guy Action: Hand her a cookie.

Girl thinks: "Wow, that's exactly what I would have wanted if I knew! Ok, I want something else now."

Guy Action: Doesn't know what to do, he's out of cookies.

Girl thinks: "This guy doesn't care about me... gee, there's a thug with cool tattoos... I'll hang around him now."

Mango
09-23-2003, 08:27 PM
Here I got you the whaaaaaambulance.

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
09-23-2003, 08:30 PM
Suck it up and deal with it , be confident, if you make mistakes then it'll just amuse them and like you more, your a man show your position, take your stand, make your move

RiddalinJunkie08
09-23-2003, 08:32 PM
shes not in band and neither am I. I have a bunch of friends who are on the drumline who eat there and she has a bunch of friends on colorguard (the flag people).

and mango.... <B>*POOF*</B> off.

<B>*Warning: No Cussing.</B> -Miscue

Multi-Colored J
09-23-2003, 08:39 PM
Just don't forget, Riddelin and Falcon, the worst they can say is no, if you ask them to homecoming or something. What are you gonna do if they say no, go into a fetal position and cry like a baby?

Haha Falcon, i'm a freshman.

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
09-23-2003, 08:40 PM
Well get your friends to help then that you know, girls are always willing to help their fellow possie/clique member hehe, Colorgaurd, now thats diverse, what happened to the caucasions haha

Will Wood
09-23-2003, 08:43 PM
Believe in your self. If you are confident with yourself, that's all you need.

There is no reason why they would have to NOT talk to you. Just start the conversation like you would with a boy. But be nice :)

Mango
09-23-2003, 08:44 PM

and mango.... <B>*POOF*</B> off.

<B>*Warning: No Cussing.</B> -Miscue

LOL! It's a joke buddy lighten up. This is not life or death. You want advice? I'll tell you what EVERYONE here will tell you. Grow a pair and TALK to her/them. They are not going to bite you.

Also, maybe if you layed off the Riddalin, that might help.

-Carnifex-
09-23-2003, 08:45 PM
You're just a loser, girls aren't your thing, go back to PBnation

Mango
09-23-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by -Carnifex-

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

RiddalinJunkie08
09-23-2003, 08:51 PM

ok i guess thats it.*gets rope to hang himself*

FalconGuy016
09-23-2003, 08:54 PM
We have a problem, try to help us or leave :)
Although im asking the girl... im going to do it! Follow my lead riddalin and maybe you can be saved too!

Ov3rmind
09-23-2003, 09:06 PM
Hahaha, I'm this close (*pinches fingers together with a little space in between*) to putting that in my sig.

Around 9th or 10th grade talking to girls should be somewhat easy. If it isn't, I dunno what to tell ya' man. It shouldn't be any different than having a conversation with any other person, just don't be extremely rude or sarcastic in a mean way (I've had several girls take sarcasm the wrong way, they're a little more sensitive to it then guys. Then again, that's just some of them, you have to know who you're talking to).

Brak
09-23-2003, 09:06 PM
i USED to be exactly like you, but after obsessing, scrutinizing myself, complaining bout how i cant talk to girls, you have to LET IT GO. i dont give a CRAP, and it works GREAT. wear something crazy, be YOURSELF.

over the weekend, being a i-dont-care-so-i-do-whatever-i-want-and-express-myself kinda guy,i wore a good old lumberjack plaid shirt that NOBODY in their right mind would wear to a gathering where people got all nice and and stuff. well guess what, i met at LEAST 10 new chicks, talked and had nice conversations IN PERSON with all of them, and on more than one occasion i was told i was "hot"....by a GIRL. that may be because im a damn fine lumberjack, or it MIGHT, just might, be because i decided to do something different and stay true to myself istead of buttoning my *** up and looking like everyone else.

you just have to let all those insecurities go and be yourself. thats it. theres no other trick to it

--and im a sophomore FALCONGUY, you really got some catchin up to do....hit some DAMN PARTIES!!!

Lopy-slopy
09-23-2003, 09:07 PM
Just do it and get it over with. Don't think, just do. It's not that hard.

Torbo
09-23-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Python14
I talk to girls the same way I talk to guys. If you change your personality, it will only cause problems. That's my best tip ever.

amen. If you change, its not gonna work out. I learned that the really hard way. If she likes you, its gotta be for what you are, not what you pretend to be. and anyway, i personally feel that girls are a waste of time. I highly suggest that you devote your time, energy and money to Paintball instead.

sharpshooter1286
09-23-2003, 09:30 PM
look for something in common or something to break the ice with, i kno it sounds geeky but think about something to talk about so ur not stalling...and have u ever talked to her b4? so might be able to walk up and be like hey i see u around all the time?

-Carnifex-
09-23-2003, 09:31 PM
Maybe you should date guys? Unless you have a problem talking to them too. :eek:

Dubstar112
09-23-2003, 09:33 PM
Yeah, just let it all loose! If you hold back and try to be how you think they want you to be you'll probally end up even further in the abyss.

I have this problem, but Im dealing with it. Ive never had a girlfriend and Im 17(stop laughing.. lol damnit.
That doesnt bother me though, I dont feel left out because of this, Im do every thing alone type of person for all Ive known.

I just try to act like I were talking to my best friend, and it usually turns out ok.

Bottom line.. wait for the butch who wants to make your day and starts to talk to you.:D

PyRo
09-23-2003, 10:04 PM
Miscue is so very very right :)

gimp
09-23-2003, 11:13 PM
My advice to you, is to start drinking heavily.

Or you could just be a man and suck it up. It's not like your gonna get shot if she doesn't want to talk to you. Just be yourself, and if she doesn't want to talk to you then who cares. She's not worth the toilet paper you wipe yourself with. haha, or you could just take carnifex's advice. That'll work too.

PyRo
09-23-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by gimp
My advice to you, is to start drinking heavily.

He is right, alchol can give one confidence, it will probably make you look like an idiot, but hey, you will feel great :) That is untill your sober. Then just repeat the above.

ERut
09-24-2003, 12:06 AM
My cure-all seems like it fits here....APATHY is the key to success!

ZAust
09-24-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by ERut
My cure-all seems like it fits here....APATHY is the key to success!

amen brotha!

zyklon69
09-24-2003, 12:30 AM
Just get to the point.. ask her if she wants tEh beef.

edweird
09-24-2003, 01:55 AM
Tip #2...

Stop caring about it so much. Lack of concern will make you seem confident... and well confidence gets you along way

dansim
09-24-2003, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Lopy-slopy
Just do it and get it over with. Don't think, just do. It's not that hard.
This man makes sense

i suggest going to a school dance and asking her to dance, if shes says no just say" oh thats cute, i think you misheard me i didnt say do you wanna dance, i said your ARSE loooks fat in those pants".....(mumble biatch as you walk away)

OfficerGoat
09-24-2003, 05:29 AM
Old saying a freind of mine had....

If you ask 100 girls to have sex with you and only one says yes... was it worth it?

Answer is.... YES

Then get out there and start asking.

Now NO this dosnt neciccarily directly apply to you... but think about it ..what in the world is the worst thing that she can say to you.....

"Eww... your a looser and you stink.. get lost" Ok,.... yay great... go take a shower.. so far as being a looser... only you get to decide that one... who gives a rats *** what she thinks... ether she is there or no she isnt. If she isnt, then she isnt worth your time... give her the pshaw and turn around and talk to a different one.

So far as her bitting you... damn... thats a keeper right there... girls who nibble a little are hoooottttt... he he he he he he .....

InexactMelissa
09-24-2003, 05:42 AM
Here's a girl's opinion: Miscue is right on target about the cookie thing.

Just go talk to her, don't try to hard to impress, and please direct your eyes to some point above the neck. ;)

Big'n slo
09-24-2003, 08:10 AM
Enjoy the lack of conversation while you can. Sooner or later you'll be wondering how to get the heck out of one, all the while hearing those "key" words like ring, marriage, children.... :eek: :eek:

*runs and hides*

zyklon69
09-24-2003, 09:01 AM
Seriously, what do you have to lose? Nothing..

RiddalinJunkie08
09-24-2003, 03:12 PM
thanks for all the replys but keep them coming.

Carnifex- just b/c these kinds of threads piss you off doesn't mean you can't add some advice, and if you just wanna be gay then please don't post.

gamarada717
09-24-2003, 05:31 PM
shes not in band and neither am I. I have a bunch of friends who are on the drumline who eat there and she has a bunch of friends on colorguard (the flag people).</B> -Miscue

Ok....I'm on the drumline and I don't get the love....I'm even first snare!

InexactMelissa
09-24-2003, 05:45 PM
It really depends on what kind of girl she is, but you can always try the honesty approach - "I've wanted to talk to you for a while, but ... "

Downfall
09-24-2003, 06:37 PM
Confidence! girls dig it, if you are scared and shy they won't even want to talk to you. Ask things about her, make her notice that you are really interested in getting to know her and point out similarities about yourself. Then it's gonna be easier for you to talk and hang out, because you will have things to talk about.

Then you tell her to mouthafy your WaNg.

SlipknotX556
09-24-2003, 06:52 PM
Its easy to talk to girls, its really easy when you a pimp like me.

-Carnifex-
09-24-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556
Its easy to talk to girls, its really easy when you a pimp like me.

Amen, except I'm not a pimp.

Benfica4ever
09-24-2003, 08:30 PM
I used to have the same problem like in the begining of last year. WOW!
Thats changed a whole lot!

lilsnowpixie
09-24-2003, 09:44 PM
From a girl's stand point, most people have given some sort of advice that will prove useful, and I will also back up the fact that being yourself and having confidence does work. Everyone who has said something along those lines, and said that it is the best advice, is right basically. If you find yourself being extremely nervous, just take a deep breathe and relax and let yourself know it's not all that big a deal, it does sound cheesy, but it works. And when you go up to talk, hopefully you can be your normally cool and collected self.

I do agree with the points InexactMelissa made. It really does depend on the type of girl. In general though, high school girls...wait I take that back, women, especially high school girls, are whiney and indecisive, and quite mean for that matter. And frankly, I know lots of girls who just like to take advantage of their boyfriends, just to be manipulative and get what they want without having to spend anything/do any work, but that's a whole other story. Back to the point, I'm trying to prove that being yourself works. If they like you, they like you, and if they don't, they don't. It may be sad, but it's true. If a girl won't talk to you for something as shallow as not making good conversation once or twice, then she isn't worth your time. So don't worry about looking 'stupid' in front of someone, because if they genuinely enjoy hanging out with you/talking with you, then they aren't going to care. Hopefully they would be able to take some of the awkward silence of small talk and painful conversations away by making some of their own. If they don't, then chances are they are probably nervous or shy about talking too. Just remember, the more you talk, the better it will get.

-Carnifex-
09-24-2003, 10:52 PM
Yeah, girls could care less about your personality if you're ugly.

GhillieGuy
09-24-2003, 11:53 PM
I'm a junior to..:D, I can be myself around girls but thats the problem with me.. its just that no one takes me seriously.:rolleyes: I'm just a guy that makes everyone laugh.

FooTemps
09-25-2003, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by GhillieGuy
I'm a junior to..:D, I can be myself around girls but thats the problem with me.. its just that no one takes me seriously.:rolleyes: I'm just a guy that makes everyone laugh.

Yeah, I really hate that. It took me 2 days to convince a girl that I actually liked her and I wasn't joking.

nippinout
09-25-2003, 03:12 AM
Girls like funny dudes.

I have a cool gf and I think it was my really lame jokes that tricked her into liking me.

bornl33t
09-25-2003, 05:16 AM
just so you understand... once you get a girl....

if they feel sick, uncomfortable, something hurts, someone is mean to them, they aren't popular, they aren't feeling noticed, something goes wrong, they loose interest, they get dumped, they are jealous, they are broke, they are over worked, they are tired, they are crying, if they are mad....

IT"S YOUR FAULT, AND THEY WILL LET EVERY ONE KNOW IT TOO

... just so you know.:(

DiRTyBuNNy
09-25-2003, 11:23 AM
Well...I hate to say it...get your nads our of your purse and just go and talk to her...the worse that's going to happen is she says "no" and you go back to your meager existence and look for the next lady that catches your eye..

bunkermaster10
09-25-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by SIGSays
tip #1 start outside the band room

Exactly what I was going to say. lol.

bunkermaster10
09-25-2003, 11:53 AM
Just BE UR SELF!!! Act like she is one of your best friends. ;)

But girls are always looking for something better. A more popular guy, nicer guy, funnier guy, etc.. Look at JLO a perfect example, she was with P.Diddy, One of her back up dancer, Ben, and now she is dating me, lol j/p.

Girls are GHEY and are really hard to understand PERIOD. But you can't live without them cause :)....

I'm a junior and have dated many girls just because I act myself and I have big balls (i'm honestly not trying to brag). I have only dated one though that was actually GREAT and worth dating for awhile.

Miscue
09-25-2003, 02:02 PM
It's easy for some people because they have no shame, not so much that they are brave. :)

Barjack420
09-25-2003, 04:21 PM
Its really simple, just keep feeding them shots of tequilla. If you feed her enough alchohol Eventually she'll either puke, go home with you, or pass out (just as good as going home with you.)

You could always try to act like yourself, but everyone says that and it never helps.

So you could act like an <B>*POOF*</B>, some chicks go for it, especially the slutty ones.

Act normal, just treat her like a guy, but without the common sense or the desire to have sex with anything and everything that stands still for long enough.

act like your a sensitive guy, all chicks dig this, until they realize what they really need is a guy with a pair of testicles.

<B>*WARNING: Sig too big/No Cussing*</B> -Miscue

Barjack420
09-25-2003, 04:27 PM
you could just walk up to a big group of the twittering females and pull out your <B>*POOF*</B>

<B>*WARNING: No Cussing*</B> -Miscue

InexactMelissa
09-25-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
It's easy for some people because they have no shame, not so much that they are brave. :)

But which is better to have: pride or sex ?? :confused:

DiRTyBuNNy
09-25-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by InexactMelissa

Whoa...a woman said "sex" here on AO!

GhillieGuy
09-25-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by InexactMelissa

Well thats a tuffy...

RiddalinJunkie08
09-25-2003, 07:37 PM
Thanks everyone! I am planning on talking to her on Monday or at the football game tomorrow night.

and Carnifex- Post some GOOD advice or don't post.

RiddalinJunkie08
09-25-2003, 09:10 PM
go to hell.

GhillieGuy
09-25-2003, 09:45 PM
Here's my advice: grow some balls.
That was a very unecessary remark, o and i dont think miscue will be to happy about it either..

PyRo
09-25-2003, 09:58 PM
Carnifex if you had any you would deserve to be kicked it them :)

*Refrains from saying the first thing that came to mind.

Jonneh
09-26-2003, 02:01 AM
slam it in the pooper

LittleKrems
09-26-2003, 12:11 PM

ummmm my advice is dont act desperate. make dumb comments!! that what i do and they dont think im weird, they just think im cute:D ive never reall had problems