PDA

View Full Version : max-flo??

blakdragon21
09-24-2003, 03:06 AM
anyone ever use a maxflo? especially on a mag? how does it feel. is it a good system to use on a mag?

LeatherPants
09-24-2003, 03:08 AM
Max Flo are a pain in the butt to maintain. They are good when they are working but you have to take them apart and lube them with Dow 33 every couple of times you take it to play.

Fuji
09-24-2003, 07:41 AM
Hmmm, I've only had a problem with one of my max flos ever. And that was a simple o-ring change (The on/off o-ring). I have only needed to grease the reg maybe every 5-6 months. This being with team practice every weekend in shizznizzy AZ micro fine pow-dirt getting in everything. I've loved every single one of my max flos. The only thing that I can think of to complain about is the weight, which I never notice while playing anyway.

TheTramp
09-24-2003, 08:56 AM
Personaly I like the Max-Flo for low pressure use. I have one on my Impuse and it's great. On the other hand, my team mate had one on his SFL and it gave him a lot of problems when he ran it at 800-900psi. This is only one example so it could have been a fluke.

Z-man
09-24-2003, 12:26 PM
Well I personally have had very little trouble with either of my 2 MaxFlow Systems. I lube them up every few months and they just keep ticking away. What I like best about them is the high flow rate that keeps up with any rapidfire on my RT's. Check the sig ;)

Cliffio
09-24-2003, 12:28 PM
the maxflow is the best tank you can buy, in my opinion. you do have to lube 1 or 2 things every once in a while, but that keeps it running great. its the only tank i trust when i single reg my guns

Cliff

afrankart
09-24-2003, 04:56 PM
Maxflo's are really good consistant tanks, but if you want a high pressure tank for a mag, I reccommend a Dynaflow. They work excellent at high pressures, and have an exclusive on/off that bleeds the whole line and gun valve. No more pro-connects or slide checks.

G-Rock
09-24-2003, 05:51 PM
There is 3 guys on my team with max flos, and 2 shot xmags and one shots the ghetto emag, not had one problem out of them.

And we all have great consitence out of them. Of course we run them at around 700 psi also so...

Chris

blakdragon21
09-24-2003, 11:58 PM
i am about to buy the old style maxflo for 150 but it needs to be hydroed. Is that a good deal? hopefully it will work dope with my mag.

are they heavy??

xen_100
09-25-2003, 03:46 PM
if it passes hydro, that is a great deal. if it doesn't pass, you have $150 paperweight.

ofcourse if it doesn't pass you can just buy a new tank to put on it. about $150. still less than the cost of a new maxflo.