PDA

View Full Version : level 7 bolt doesn't re-seat properly

Magnum PSI
09-24-2003, 08:05 PM
i have a stock 68 classic. the bolt doesn't quite re-seat properly as can be seen in the attached picture. any ideas why this is?

further note:
1) the bolt will seat properly if the powertube doesn't contain the o-ring.
2) the bolt will not seat with powertube spacer missing and the o-ring in place.
3) i have tried replacing the o-ring.
4) i have tried a friends bolt.
5) i have tried an ANS Venturi bolt and it has a larger gap.

rikkter
09-25-2003, 05:29 AM
whats wrong with it?
its seated properly.
theres suppose to be that gap
get yourself ahold of a automag manual video. or search the forums for one, i know someone put all the videos online.

athomas
09-25-2003, 09:41 AM
When the bolt sits like that, it means that the bolt stem is sitting against the powertube o-ring. That is what makes the seal to prevent air from gushing out the front of the gun when you are not firing.

If the gun works fine, then you are good to go the way it is. If the bolt won't go back far enough to allow the sear to catch when the valve is aired up, then use a longer powertube spacer. The longer spacer will push the o-ring back farther allowing the bolt to sit farther back towards the bumper.

Bossman
09-25-2003, 09:52 AM
If there's supposed to be a gap, why Do they make bumpers? My valve never had this space, of course mine is an RT.

Geno

xen_100
09-25-2003, 10:59 AM
it has bumpers because once you put that into a gun, the main spring will push it back into the bumper. so the bumper is still used.

PyRo
09-25-2003, 11:42 AM
The bolt is sitting on an o-ring, what are o-rings made of? That bolt it flying back pretty hard and crushes the o-ring allowing it to smack into the bumper.
It apears to be seated properly.
Now the question, are you just curious, or is it giving you problems?

Bossman
09-25-2003, 12:39 PM
I'm sorry If I sounded rude. This gun belongs to a friend of mine. Were trying to make sure from "square one" that his valve is set up properly. He recently put a hyperframe on and It seems to be chewing the bolt pretty bad, we had a thought that the bolt not seating the whole way might have been the cause.

Geno

PyRo
09-25-2003, 12:46 PM
Hyperframes have always had a problem chewing bolts i used to know why but i forget. And no you didn't sound rude.

xen_100
09-25-2003, 12:54 PM
the reason has to do with the noid pulse. the noid pulse on a HF is about 15mS max. it takes a mag about 25mS to cycle. so the sear is let go of before the bolt is all the way back. this causes the bolt to ride along the edge of the sear for a period of time until it locks into place. this causes the edgees of the sear and bolt to get rounded off.

this doesn't happen on a purely mechanical mag, because our fingers dont pull and let go that fast.

the new SW solves this by allowing to set your noid pulse to the correct value. I believe if you contact centerflag, they will upgrade your SW for a small charge.

PyRo
09-25-2003, 01:09 PM
Hmm I have no idea what your saying :)
I'm wrong about what i said?

xen_100
09-25-2003, 01:11 PM
nope, not wrong at all.

I was just explaining why the HF will chew up bolt and sears. :)

Bossman
09-25-2003, 01:12 PM
He's been having battery issues also. Seem's he can only get about 200 shots on one NiMh rechargable battery. Turns out his board is hacked, and is in need of the "mode" microswitch. The guy at centerflag says you can adjust the power needed for the sylonoid. Hence, more shots per battery. But this all started because of the erratic operation since he put the hyper on.

Geno

PyRo
09-25-2003, 01:14 PM
Ok, i kind of understand now :)

xen_100
09-25-2003, 01:16 PM
this is true. but on the older HF, the longest seleniod pulse you could get was about 15mS. that is not long enough for the mag to properly cycle. the new SW allows you to set it to a proper setting, like 30mS. this way it wil hold the sear back long enough for the gun to totally cycle. (more like when you pull the trigger on a mech mag.)

Bossman
09-25-2003, 01:21 PM
Man, I love this forum! You guys are a great help.

Geno

Magnum PSI
09-25-2003, 01:28 PM
i hate to sound stupid, but what does SW stand for? i assume you are referencing the MotherBoard?

xen_100
09-25-2003, 01:29 PM
sorry.

SW = software. they have an update version available

rikkter
09-25-2003, 01:30 PM
i think it may be software

edit: beat me to it :P