PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag or X-Mag?

QuestionMark?
09-24-2003, 08:44 PM
Ok, im thinking about buying either a Emag or a Xmag. I need to know what would be a better decision, what is so good about the Xmag that the Emag doesnt have? I personally like the X mag, so where can you buy them?

Warewolf50
09-24-2003, 09:10 PM
Ok what the e-mag dosent have that the X has is a xvalve and an ACE(anti chop eye), the e-mags dont come with the pretty bodies either, and the xmags come custom annoed(sp), the xmags are cocker threaded, that is all i can think of but i am shure there are lots more. The xmags have a 6 to 8 month wait on them and u can pre order them from AGD. E-Mags are great guns, and i think they are now coming with X-valves(includes Lv X), and ule bodies. but make shure u call who u order the e-mag from to make shure u get a newer one.

xmetal2001
09-24-2003, 09:14 PM
Here are the advantages to having an X-Mag:

1) They are beautiful
2) They have an A.C.E.
3) They come with custom Anno
4) Ability to switch out modules(Warp, verticle)

Advantages of the Emag:

1) They are still damn pretty
2) They are cheaper
3) They dont have a huge wait
4) Im not positive, but i believe an All ULE emag is slightly lighter than an X-Mag though(barely noticable)

QuestionMark?
09-24-2003, 09:17 PM
wat if i buy it at like paintballgear.com or somthin like that, will i still have to wait a hugh amount of time?

Bulldog
09-24-2003, 09:29 PM
Probably. Depends on if they have more ordered through AGD. I own an Xmag, and it's pretty much the same, performance wise. The Xmag isn't as tall as the emag. I don't even use the ACE. I think it comes down to whether your willing to wait or not. If you can wait go for the X. If not get an emag with some ULE Parts.

QuestionMark?
09-24-2003, 09:35 PM
I see.....well i think ill go with the Emag, thanks for clearing it up for me guys. Im just a little skeptical on the ULE parts, where can i get those installed. Will i have to go to AGD or will i have to just go to the local paintball shop and have the work done?

RRfireblade
09-24-2003, 09:44 PM
And apparently XMAGS will be coming with 3.0 software that seems to SMOKE 2.4 and previous versions.Although emags and earlier XMAGS can eventually be upgraded at a later date.

jay.

gibby
09-24-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by QuestionMark?
I see.....well i think ill go with the Emag, thanks for clearing it up for me guys. Im just a little skeptical on the ULE parts, where can i get those installed. Will i have to go to AGD or will i have to just go to the local paintball shop and have the work done? Don't be skeptical with the ULE parts. My Emag used to have all the heavy parts...but after I got the Xvalve, milled out my rail, and a ULE body...that thing is so much lighter than it used to be. I'm definitely happy with how it is right now. I also wanted the Xmag but I couldn't justify spending so much on it and waiting. Instead, I opted to ULE my Emag and it's basically the same thing as the Xmag minus removeable breach, CNC body, and ACE. Last thing I'm waiting on is the 3.0 software and she's complete! :)

QuestionMark?
09-24-2003, 10:05 PM
thanks for clearing that up Gibby, you kick a$$. Problem is though, im not really a hands on guy, tricking out guns and doing work to them isnt my deck of cards, i hack everything i touch, so ill prolly have some localshop do it for me.

AGD
09-24-2003, 10:34 PM
We are a couple weeks away from offering ULE bodied Emags and RTpros. We would have had them sooner but we lost 100 ULE bodies in an ano bath.

AGD

Jack & Coke
09-24-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by AGD

We would have had them sooner but we lost 100 ULE bodies in an ano bath.

AGD

I'll save them!!!!!

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/magazine/stories/images/rescue.jpg

QuestionMark?
09-24-2003, 10:39 PM
Whoa......Tom Kaye! You are my hero!:D

Bulldog
09-24-2003, 11:12 PM
Don't be intimidated by upgrading the mag. It's a very modular design and easy to do yourself. Really all your gonna do is unscrew 2 or 3 things, take out the body, and put the new one on.

LaW
09-24-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade
And apparently XMAGS will be coming with 3.0 software that seems to SMOKE 2.4 and previous versions.Although emags and earlier XMAGS can eventually be upgraded at a later date.

jay.

Or I will driver an hour down to agd and just have my sfl flashed whenever I have time ... :)

Paintchucker
09-24-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by AGD
We are a couple weeks away from offering ULE bodied Emags and RTpros. We would have had them sooner but we lost 100 ULE bodies in an ano bath.

AGD

{starts to chant} Attic! Attic! Attic! ...