PDA

View Full Version : Anodizers/ing/$ ?

Lemon
09-25-2003, 01:35 AM
I might be getting a good deal on an all american as well as a freak back, but I don't like how the .693 insert is yellow so I wanna have it annodized purple to match the other bits on the gun and I figured I may as well do the barrel front as well.

About how much would I be looking at to have this done?

I have done a few searches but couldn't find any Canadian anodizers. Does anyone know of any?

Thanks.

Z-man
09-25-2003, 01:58 AM
It may not be a wise move to anodize the freak inserts. When you anodize a part a small amount of the aluminum is removed when the new ano is put on. Normally that is not a problem but in the case of your inset it won't be .685 (or whatever) anymore. I would leave it alone and ano all the other stuff.

Lemon
09-26-2003, 12:50 PM
What?

Removed from the inside of the insert??

speeddemon
09-26-2003, 01:17 PM
You can't just annodize part of something, you have to annodize it all. Same thing with stripping it, you have to strip the anno from everywhere, which will take away some of the original aluminum. If you reannoed an insert that big, it would probably make it useless.

Lemon
09-28-2003, 01:26 AM
So I guess painting is the only option.

When people annodize barrels it actually screws up the finish on the inside of the barrel?

ashriel28
09-28-2003, 07:59 AM
yeah, stripping and anodizing add or remove material, granted it's in the thousands of an inch department, but if you're using a freak, you want that precision. Dont mess with it.

Just use the color you like when you're taking pictures, no one cares about your insert when you're shooting at them. ;-)