PDA

View Full Version : Marbs?

Skoad
09-25-2003, 02:07 PM
I haven't heard anyone raving about marbs recently, it used to be the only paint everyone shot...

so whats the latest craze in paint nowadays?

Yudanja
09-25-2003, 02:12 PM
I used to only shoot marbs. I still do on occasion. If i spend that much on paint, I buy evil.

Normal paint though is diablo blaze.

Albinonewt
09-25-2003, 02:31 PM
I've found myself shooting a lot of Severe lately. Ever since NJAODIII

adam shannon
09-25-2003, 02:35 PM
ill tell you what ive really been impressed with. chronic pro. granted i can get it for $30 a case at times from a sponsored team...but aside from my price its sweet. and you simply cannot wipe it. it hits like a regular thick fill ball....within a few minutes it turns to peanut butter...and after a couple hours dries to a pasty dust. its freakin brutal paint.

i was reffing a game and saw a kid take a hit on his hopper. he ducked back in his bunker and was trying to wipe. by the time i got across the field to check him he had only managed to smear it all over his mask and hopper. he simply couldnt get it off. thats the way to eliminate cheating...shoot coloured vasaline at people that they absolutely cant wipe.

jaylock33
09-25-2003, 02:41 PM
I still love marbs and shoot them occasionally but can't afford to shoot them as much as I would like to so I go with the 35/2000 specials.

adam shannon
09-25-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Yudanja
If i spend that much on paint, I buy evil.

Normal paint though is diablo blaze.

evil is pretty good, but i hate the staining effect b/cuz they add iodine to the fill.

Dayspring
09-25-2003, 03:24 PM
That's only on ultra evil. (White shell, pink fill)

Regular (orange & yellow) don't.

Originally posted by adam shannon

evil is pretty good, but i hate the staining effect b/cuz they add iodine to the fill.

adam shannon
09-25-2003, 03:32 PM
yep, thems the ones.

gamarada717
09-25-2003, 04:15 PM
I shoot Blaze when I get the chance, Viper Venoms mostly, because that's what my field sells, and the occasional BE because the store is closed.

TheDuelist
09-25-2003, 04:32 PM
I have been shooting Anarchy for awhile now and love the thick, bright fill. I used to shoot marbs but for $55 - 60 a case compared to Anarchy for $39 i'll stick with the Anarchy. I have found it to be a great shooting paint.

afrankart
09-25-2003, 04:41 PM
Since I don't have a barrel system, I exclusively shoot evil because it almost always is a perfect fit for my ultralite.

Bad_Dog
09-25-2003, 05:45 PM
I been playing recball lately, so I've been getting the $35 tub of "core"... first tub I got the stuff smelled like rotton eggs and shot horrible, but the tub I bought last week shot perfect, all round with no seams on em...

otherwise you've just gotta get closer to hit anything:D :D

camilion705
09-25-2003, 05:47 PM
Zap is what I shoot. Cheap quality though. (and price...) the fill is really bad, it leaves almost no mark! I wish my pro shop sold other paint under $45...

Nachos
09-25-2003, 05:53 PM
I've been shooting Midnight paint from diablo, I really like it.

I use to shoot just BigBall because my local shop sells it for $30, but this new Midnight is $34 at my shop. It has a thin shell and breaks on anything and the paint is nice and thick, but still wipable. It is kinda on the small size so better have a multi-bore setup.

For tournies I usually go with Evil.

My buddy was shooting that Zap stuff, it doesn't stain but damn.. when you get shot with it, it turns to candle wax, kinda cool.

CrazyLad
09-25-2003, 05:53 PM
i shoot pmi premium and diablo blaze

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
09-25-2003, 05:58 PM
I used to shoot only marbs, but began getting a lot of bounces. I switched to evil and love that, but as of late, I'm shooting chronic because of the good price I get it for. If money wasn't an issue I'd be shooting evil still. Ultra Evil and Ultimate Chronic is great stuff, but I don't come across that as easily as the regular evil and chronic.

RetroEclipseMan
09-25-2003, 06:59 PM
I wish I could afford to shoot evil all the time and used to shoot marbs exclusively until they switched to that new shell. Now I mainly have been shooting Huricane since I've been mostly playing fpo tournies and that's the only stuff besides severe they sell. I shot that Chronic all through Pan Am and for $40 a case it shot great and the fill was even better. I just wish I could get a hold of it easier.

Lohman446
09-25-2003, 07:05 PM
I used to only shoot marbalizers, but I think they have messed with the shell when they started with Evil in order to push people from marbs to evil.

Personally I never used to have a problem bouncing them, but lately I have been told they have gotten bouncy. I now for a fact I have seen bounces from them, I had someone shoot me from one side of the fifty to the other side of the forty (snake to - almost snake). Seven hit my side, including my pack belt, and all of them bounced. I have been shooting Evil as of late, Kick'n when I can grab it, and Nitro Duck. I have had a lot of luck with them and the Kickn Ultimate is VERY thick bright fill.

Torbo
09-25-2003, 07:52 PM
all ive been shooting lately is draxxus/diablo stuff. The competetive edg(white box stuff) and Blaze and Midnight. I really like them all, esp. midnight.

BD_Paintball
09-26-2003, 11:53 AM
the stuff my gun seems to love the most is ZAP. i get it at the store for 30 a case when its on sale and my gun shoots that better then any other paint that i have used. dont ask my but it shoots good and after about 15 cases through my gun havent had any problems or brakes or the lvl 10 kicking in. other paint like marbs and draxxus the lvl 10 kicked in sometimes.

Skoad
09-26-2003, 11:56 AM
what kind of paint your using shouldn't have anything to do with the level 10 "kicking in" , unless its gigantic and doesn't fit down the barrel well at all.

BD_Paintball
09-26-2003, 12:25 PM
well i dont know what it was but when i dont use zap it happens. like i said dont ask me what but it does

Nick O time
09-27-2003, 01:06 AM
i am usually shooting either field paint which is usually PMI prems or some other stuff that has premium after it, but i really liked the Chronic paint. it is very cheap for a case and it is actually very good quality.

a funny story
I was playing with my gun in the winter because I couldn't wait an extra couple hours to go to my indoor field so I was playing in about 20 degrees or so weather with marbs. As we all know marbs are very fragile and since this was in the winter you can only imagine how fragile they were, but luckily i had was using my mag with LvL 10 in it. I spent a longer time cleaning out my pods that day than I did cleaning out my gun.:p

FreakBaller12
09-27-2003, 09:39 AM
i use competitive edge by draxxus

it's whtie box for liek 35, i get overngiht shipping( warehosue right by me)
and it's very veyr good paint, i still have a case and a half up in my room

i suggest you AOers try it