PDA

View Full Version : Problem with the bolt resetting, causing a leak. I need some professional help here.

tmnothing
09-25-2003, 06:10 PM
I have a leak that starts after I shoot sometimes and I just discovered that if I put my finger in the breech and push the bolt back it resets and the leak stops. The bolt isnt sticking, I cant even tell that it needs pushed back when I look in. I barely even have to move it any before it clicks and the leak stops. Sometimes, the trigger rod doesnt even reset when it happens, sometimes it does. I have no idea what is causing this, but I really really need some help with it.

Setup:

LX 1.0 Carrier 2 shims
ULT 2 LX shims, 2 ULT shims
X-Valve
Y-Grip
ULE Body

PyRo
09-25-2003, 06:48 PM
My guess would be a worn out bolt spring that isn't pushing the bolt back hard enough.

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
09-25-2003, 07:22 PM
More shims or stronger spring, check your spring, it should be longer than the end of your bolt

PyRo
09-25-2003, 08:44 PM
Don't go streaching your spring either. Just makes it worse.

Dayspring
09-25-2003, 11:10 PM
Add a shim.

the residual air isn't totally venting from behind the bolt for it to reset. By adding a shim, you're moving the oring back and giving it more time to reset.

PyRo
09-25-2003, 11:44 PM
Ok I don't know much about level 10's :(
I need to find one to play with :)

tmnothing
09-26-2003, 07:06 AM
I can't add or take out any shims or else I have a constant leak as soon as I air up and it doesnt go away.

PyRo
09-26-2003, 11:52 AM
Well did you check the bolt spring?
Don't you get differant bolt springs with the level 10?

tmnothing
09-26-2003, 06:01 PM
I put a stronger bolt spring in and I still have the same problem. Sometimes the trigger doesnt reset and I have to put a little pressure on the bolt to get it to reset. I can't figure out what the problem is!!!!!

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
09-26-2003, 09:17 PM
well try massively oiling your gun you might have a leak, you need more pressure against your bolt for it to reset, check your velocity, also check your sear for any wear

muirtach
09-26-2003, 09:32 PM
I just solved a very similar problem in my X-valve this morning. Try replacing the Carrier O-ring and loosing the shims.

Dayspring
09-26-2003, 09:47 PM
If he replaces the carrier oring, he'll have to go through the break in process all over again. So his carrier will change.

muirtach
09-26-2003, 09:54 PM
True I didn't think about it, I was on the smallest carrier so it made sense for me.

I think the key was the shims. I had one too many. I couldn't hear the leak but if I let the marker sit for even a few minutes the dump chamber would depressurize and I'd need to reset the bolt.

tmnothing
09-27-2003, 02:10 AM
I've checked the velocity, I have it around 285. I'm using a spring that I cut but if I use my red LX spring then I cant get my velocity below 290 and if I let it sit for a while I try to pull the trigger and nothing happens, I have to pull it like 10 times real fast to get it to fire. Even so, with the red spring, I was having the same problems when I was troubleshooting. There is no visible wear on the sear so I dont think it's a sear problem. Also, the gun is well lubed. I've had it apart all weekend trying to take care of this so I'm sure all of the seals and moving parts are lubed.

muirtach
09-29-2003, 12:07 PM
I don't know about the velocity but if you are letting it sit for a while and it won't fire then try loosing the shims in the LV10.

It worked for me.

tmnothing
09-30-2003, 05:42 PM
Alright well I removed 1 LX shim (down to 1 now) and so far it seems like the bolt is resetting properly, BUT now I have a minute leak I can hear that's pretty constant after I air up the gun. It's so very small, it's more like a squeaking than a hissing, it seems very slow. What do I do now?

muirtach
09-30-2003, 05:54 PM
I would check and see if it changes tone as you press on the bolt. If it does that would be the carrier. If not get rid of another shim.