PDA

View Full Version : barrel????

batteryfree
09-26-2003, 10:44 PM
hey what is teh quietest barrel? couse i am thinking of getting a 18 inch titanium boomstick?? and i want something really realy really quiet.

Dayspring
09-26-2003, 10:56 PM
18 inch? Don't even bother.

Just go with something with lots of porting. A longer barrel just means that you look silly and lose air efficiency.

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
09-26-2003, 11:00 PM
Hehe i like my 18 inch Ti glued boomstick its quiet and it has the regular 8 inches closed for the ball to reach maximum acceleration (right dayspring? all you need is that minimum of 8 inches unported for air efficiency? at least thats what i thought) my boom stick is accurate within a foot and a half radius at a few hundred feet

PyRo
09-28-2003, 09:57 AM
Ok, barrel lecture.

Its spitball time. Go get a straw, shoot a spitball. Now put a bunch of holes in that straw and do it again. What did you notice? It took alot more effort to get the same distance. The same is true for a barrel. After that 8in the air is still pushing the ball while the barrel pinching it is trying to slow it down. This means it takes more air to get the ball out of a longer barrel at the same speed, and when the barrel is ported, it also means that the air is escaping as it is trying to push the ball, requireing even more air.
Last I heard you wanted an 11.5in barrel with minimal porting.
Oh and don't tell whoever you just shot a spitball at I told you to do it :)

batteryfree
09-29-2003, 12:01 AM
yeah well i do want a super short brrel, but my gun is really loud, so i want something quiet.

PyRo
09-29-2003, 12:22 AM
Noone is stopping you from getting what you want, just informing you.

GA Devil
09-29-2003, 09:09 AM
12" Boomsticks and 12" carbon fiber barrles seem to work very well for me. 14" max, but i try to stick with 12". The carbon fiber barrel has been 1 of the quietest barrels Ive ever shot. But that just my personal experience.

circus5
09-29-2003, 09:38 AM
In addition to being more functional, short barrels are more ergonomic. it much easier to maneuver a marker with 8 inches of barrel sticking out the front that it is to fumble with double or more of that.

As for quiet, thers no beating a J&J ceramic. J&J two pieces are also nice.

PyRo
09-29-2003, 02:50 PM
You can get a 30in sniper barrel on ebay, I don't know if they fit mags though. :)

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
09-29-2003, 03:35 PM
my friend has a Cp ceramic like 12 inch its like whisper ... "pshh" i find the stock rt pro quiet and accurate lol, by accurate i mean like a foot wide hit radius for like a few hundred feet on a speed ball field which is awesome, but the longer barrels help with pushing down the AIR SUP bunkers so you can shoot in the bunker