PDA

View Full Version : Scepter/Freak/Pipe Which should i buy!

Wank107
09-27-2003, 09:24 PM
I have 200 bucks, and i cant choose between 3 barrel systems...

#1 - Full Freak
#2 - Evil Pipe
#3 - Powerlyte Scepter

All are about the same price, but i cant decide which will shoot the most accurate. Please give me the pro's/con's of these systems please. Thanks alot.

FalconGuy016
09-27-2003, 09:27 PM
I like the pipe, or the scepter

I do not like the freak

I like the fact of sleeveless bore selection in the pipe. I like the scepter because of all the quality I have heard from it, and how anyone who has it loves it. I do not like the freak because of the problems with their inserts, and I dont like how they look anyways :)

TheDuelist
09-27-2003, 09:35 PM
I own the freak kit and the scepter. The freak shoots well but overall I prefer the scepter. I think its a better quality product for the money. As far as the pipe is concerned I have never used one so I can't give you an opinion.

RenagadeOfFunk
09-27-2003, 09:37 PM
i think the frekk works good...i just don't think they like SP...

Jon/xpm
09-27-2003, 10:00 PM
ive never played with the scepter or pipe
only with the freak and it was half way decent
but i have not heard anything bad about the scepter
personally if i had the money i would go for the scepter...

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
09-27-2003, 10:10 PM
WGP Kaner System =)

wobbles82
09-28-2003, 12:24 AM
Freaks that I have used really werent that bad, but yes the inserts are a major pain. Ive only seen scepters and must say they look gorgeous and the inserts are incredibly designed. The Pipe is a bit loud but shoots darts, but I prefer a three piece design barrel. And the Kaner is nearly the same thing as the Pipe in my opinion, but louder, its odd, every marker I tried this thing on it was like a cannon kinda..odd..

Conclusion: Dont get the Freak, lol. Get a Pipe or a Scepter I would say, it matters how much you like the designs, and as for Kaner, Pipe or Kaner, id take the Pipe. :D

SpecialBlend2786
09-28-2003, 12:27 AM
I've heard of some people having the sleaves for their freaks messed up; so i'd go with the scepter or the Pipe.
The Pipe looks frickin awesome though..especially on a black ULE body

No sKiLLz
09-28-2003, 02:08 AM
Definitely Kaner. The barrel doesn't port till 2 inches short of the muzzle. SoCal knows what's up. :)

A word on the Pipe: If you get it, everyone on the field will know you have it. And they will know exactly where you are, and how often you shoot. The Pipe makes a howitzer sound like a silenced weapon.

Tony D.
09-28-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by No sKiLLz
A word on the Pipe: If you get it, everyone on the field will know you have it. And they will know exactly where you are, and how often you shoot. The Pipe makes a howitzer sound like a silenced weapon.

This concept only applys to the woods, and why would anybody want to play woods...

manike
09-28-2003, 07:28 AM
Scepter http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Fatjon
09-28-2003, 08:49 AM
Scepter. I used to have on on my cocker. But i ended up getting a free freak kit for my angel and timmy.

No sKiLLz
09-28-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Tony D.

This concept only applys to the woods, and why would anybody want to play woods...

Oh, Ok. A quiet marker definitely wouldn't be handy in the arena.:rolleyes:

Every time I play I have to be "found". I move from bunker to bunker shooting the whole time and have walked as far as 30 feet, shooting the whole time, to find the guy still posted on my old bunker as I shoot him in the pack. When I play back/mid, the opposing front guys don't know when to snap because they can't hear if I've shot anything at them or not. All they hear is paint whizzing past their bunker.

But yeah, disregard that comment about the Pipe being loud. In the arena there is really no usefulness in a quiet marker.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
09-28-2003, 03:09 PM

Every time I play I have to be "found". I move from bunker to bunker shooting the whole time and have walked as far as 30 feet, shooting the whole time, to find the guy still posted on my old bunker as I shoot him in the pack. When I play back/mid, the opposing front guys don't know when to snap because they can't hear if I've shot anything at them or not. All they hear is paint whizzing past their bunker.

But yeah, disregard that comment about the Pipe being loud. In the arena there is really no usefulness in a quiet marker.

LOL...someone got told

adam shannon
09-28-2003, 03:51 PM
scepter. i sold all my freak kits, but thats another story in a hundred other threads. the scepter shoots darts...better than my old freaks for that matter. i initially liked the looks of the pipe...but i have seen cracked ports at the end of the barrel cuz its milled so thin. also when i looked at the tip there was this wierd stryations down the barrel from the honing...now supposedly this doesnt affect the tolerance...but it initially looked funny and turned me off.

PyRo
09-28-2003, 04:06 PM
Don't support smart parts :)

Tony D.
09-28-2003, 06:10 PM

Riiiiight. Maybe when you play real paintball someday you'll notice that when you move, people notice. Not your apparent 1v1 "arenaball".

SyntaxError
09-28-2003, 06:35 PM

Riiiiight. Maybe when you play real paintball someday you'll notice that when you move, people notice

Not if you do it right.

No sKiLLz
09-28-2003, 06:42 PM

Riiiiight. Maybe when you play real paintball someday you'll notice that when you move, people notice. Not your apparent 1v1 "arenaball".

I'm gathering by your statement you simply take for granted if you move from on bunker tothe next you're going to be spotted no mater what because you have no problem sticking your head out into a rope of which you have no idea when somethings coming or not. And I suppose in REAL paintball, no game has ever come down to one on one.

Wow. So, captain, are you guys going to win Cup this year?

Tony D.
09-28-2003, 06:43 PM
You have to think about this concept and where it applys. Because different scenarios will offer MUCH different results, are we talkin a 3,5,7,10 man game? Is it rec, or is it a tourney, team practice or what? Play a 5 man tourney against any team that has a clue what they're doing and when your in the middle of a game and you move, the other team will notice. Go into a 3 man rec game where people are clueless on how to even aim the marker, and sure you can walk down the right tape and nobody will even notice.

No sKiLLz
09-28-2003, 06:47 PM
You have to think about this concept and where it applys. Because different scenarios will offer MUCH different results, are we talkin a 3,5,7,10 man game? Is it rec, or is it a tourney, team practice or what? Play a 5 man tourney against any team that has a clue what they're doing and when your in the middle of a game and you move, the other team will notice. Go into a 3 man rec game where people are clueless on how to even aim the marker, and sure you can walk down the right tape and nobody will even notice.

I don't know how to respond to this. It's just blatantly false. The only way you would be right is about moving from bunker to bunker and that would have to be X-ball. Last time I checked, I didn't see your team on the roster.

cphilip
09-28-2003, 07:17 PM
Scepter.

Although for the price that Edge kit is real nice choice.

Load SM5
09-28-2003, 07:32 PM
Scepter. Very nice, solid barrel.

Dayspring
09-28-2003, 09:48 PM
Scepter. By Far.

Potatoboy
09-28-2003, 11:30 PM
meh... I just picked up an 11-piece Empire kit. it's TOTALLY nice. check it out when you get a chance

speedyejl
09-29-2003, 12:27 AM
I was about to ask about that empire kit...

manike
09-29-2003, 03:26 AM
I have only one Empire barrel (on my Empire Timmy) and it shoots as good as any barrel I have ever used (and I have a lot of barrels...), but more importantly it looks cool, and I am going to get a full kit soon. :D

speedyejl
09-29-2003, 03:34 AM
How the heck did you get your hands on an Empire Timmy? Dont they come out November 1st? I have seen some pics of them, your very lucky, could I take it off your hands?

edit: Seriously

manike
09-29-2003, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by speedyejl
How the heck did you get your hands on an Empire Timmy? Dont they come out November 1st?

I designed the body for it :) so I was one of the first in line for a prototype, after Bob Long and Gino. :D

Originally posted by speedyejl
I have seen some pics of them, your very lucky, could I take it off your hands?

Sorry but nope. It's one of 5 pre-production models and is not for sale. Production guns will have a few more touches also. This one is mine... Log's are this years new 'rocks' dontchya know ;) .

http://www.automags.org/~Manike/empire10.jpg

http://www.automags.org/~Manike/empire11.jpg

speedyejl
09-29-2003, 04:28 AM
ooo, pretty

anything new on it besides the new grip frame? What about the 2k4 I heard that its going to be lighter than the Empire and even more functional. Care to spill some info?

speedyejl
09-29-2003, 04:30 AM
Care to tell anything about these bad boys?

http://home.comcast.net/~brandondoyle/timmy2k4.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~brandondoyle/empiretimmy3.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~brandondoyle/empiretimmy1.JPG

http://www.forceofnature.com/gallery/album48/empire_timmy.jpg

edit: Snap!! I just relized theres a screen on the back of the grip frame!!

manike
09-29-2003, 04:39 AM
The red and black gun in those pictures is my Empire timmy.

Empire and 2K4's will both come with some extra functionality that I can't tell you about yet. They won't be 'just' the same as the previous timmy internally.

The black area on the back of the board is where the buttons will go and the LCD will be visible through the grips.

I don't think I am allowed to say anything on the 2K4 at this point.

err /end threadjack... ;)

davidb
09-29-2003, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by manike

I designed the body for it :)

Well, that explains it! :eek: :D
Believe me, that was a compliment.

cgrieves
09-29-2003, 10:44 AM
If you do go for the Pipe, try and get a hands on with your actual kit if possible. I was looking at different kits at Campaign this year, and out of the three Pipe kits I looked at, on one of them the front section was completely out of line when screwed into any of the backs.

My vote for the sexiest barrel has to go to the carbon fibre barrels marketed by Powerball. Light as a feather, available in lot sof bore sizes. Expensive to put a kit together, but awesome nonetheless.

theraidenproject
09-29-2003, 12:56 PM
I love my Scepter. I didn't break one ball, either chopping or barrel breaks, in my (first ever)tourney yesterday. (thread to come when I get my pictures back) I'm not counting when I broke 15 in my last game because half of a pod I used had different paint than I had been using the whole day. I bought mine from Top Choice Paintball (http://www.topchoicepaintball.com).

Wank107
09-29-2003, 05:56 PM
Buying the sceptor thanks guys

speedyejl
09-29-2003, 06:31 PM
When you get it and after a little use post how you like it.

Bulldog
09-29-2003, 09:17 PM
The Pipe makes a howitzer sound like a silenced weapon.

Yup! I have one on my Ir3, which is a loud gun to begin with. Together, they're outstanding. Very loud. Very fun.

Good choice on the scepter BTW. The Pipes do have some tolerance issues. I sent mine back for an exchange.:D I'm marginally satisfied with the results.