PDA

View Full Version : Please help explain this to me

momags!
09-27-2003, 10:57 PM
I've been out of the game for over a year. I sold my E-mag due to personal reasons last spring and now that I've gotten some interest in the game again, I'm looking to find another marker. You can imagine my surprise, which in turn led to confusion when I see all the talk about SFL's, Micro Mags, X-Mags, etc.

Could someone please explain to me the differences between these markers? I've been informed by a reliable AGD source that Emags have gone by the wayside and been replaced with SFL's and X's. Why? And should I not consider getting a "old" Emag.

As well, does the Level 10 bolt really work? I had some chopping problems with the E. Don't want to travel that road again. Any responses are appreciated.

Load SM5
09-27-2003, 11:08 PM
Emags have in no way gone to the wayside. Thanks to ULE bodies, rails, and frames, they are just as light as SFL's and Xmags. All they lack are the on/off switches and ACE that an Xmag/SFL have. Level 10 really, really works. They are now the easiest guns on paint out there.

Marek
09-27-2003, 11:16 PM
SFLs and X-Mags are kinda hard to come by. There was a limited release of SFLs (the numbers vary, but below 50) and there is a waiting list for X-Mags. AGD released some lightweight aluminum bodies (ULE - Ultra Light Engineering) that can replace almost all their markers. They have also introduced a Retro Valve that is aluminum (not sure if all of it is, but it's lighter than the original SS rt valve) with Level 10. Hope this helps.

NJPaint
09-27-2003, 11:37 PM
There are less than 30 SFL mags out there. I've seen at least two change hands on the Classifieds here, but other than that, they are impossible to buy. X-mags are ultralight E-mags with a different body style, ACE, and removeable breeches. There is an 8-10 month wait on X-mags, but some are in the classifieds and dealer forums. But, as always, all the mags are exactly same in design. The valves are the same (close enough) and they fire the same as they always have. They have just gotten lighter and more visually appealing.

The level 10 is revolutionary. I let the bolt hit the same marbelizer ball 30 times before giving up on it breaking from the bolt hitting it. Look at some of the lvl 10 videos that come with the kits. It is truely amazing.

Edit: Forgot the micromags. Micromags are NOT at the same level as e-mags. It is simply a different body/rail design. Classic valves and standard trigger frames. However, there are micro e-mags, which are the same as micromags, but they have an electronic frame that makes it the same as the regular E-mag.

I would question your "reliable source" pretty misleading information you got there...