PDA

View Full Version : preset tank? uh do i need one?

furyhemi67
09-28-2003, 09:01 PM
i have a automag 68 with hurricane lvl10 dye 45
my n2 tank is a 68ci 3k i have been told it is not a fixed pressure tank and will severly damage my gun
is this true?

if so i need a preset tank

thanks
taylor

a noob to automags

PyRo
09-28-2003, 09:28 PM
They lie. Its impossible to cause damage to your gun with the type of tank you use unless you run 3000+psi into it (or beat the gun with the tank but a mag would probably win that fight). Set your tank around 850psi and its all good. Oh, and get rid of that hurricane valve :)

Dover
09-29-2003, 01:54 AM
what's wrong with the Hurricane?

i have one and not only does it drop weight like a fat guy on a treadmill, but it looks like a ReTro valve!

PyRo
09-29-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Dover
what's wrong with the Hurricane?

i have one and not only does it drop weight like a fat guy on a treadmill, but it looks like a ReTro valve!

/me Smacks self
Ill complain about the aftermarket reg backs later :)
I have class now

circus5
09-29-2003, 09:32 AM
What tool told you that? Theres two basic types of regs,fixed and adjustable. MOST screw in tanks are fixed (with a few exeptions.)ALL (im almost 100% sure) bolt on tanks are adjustable. If your tank is fixed it should say the output pressure somewhere on the reg. If it is adjustable, it may or may not have an outgoing pressure gauge, if it does simply make sure that you keep the output at a reasonable level (750-850 depending on valve, lx or not, etc). If your tank DOES NOT have an outgoing pressure guage simply disconnect it from your gun, find an LP gauge and hook it up to your output through whateer series of fittings you need, ten fill the tank, adjust the pressure to where you want it, drain the tank (unless you have a proconnect or whatnot) and reattatch the bottle.

Kevmaster
09-29-2003, 12:19 PM
and as to why you should drop the hurricane valve:

1) your stock AGD part works better....trust me...I've yet to see one aftermarket part made by someone other than AGD that works better than the AGD part

2) If you send it to AGD with the H Valve...the warranty doesnt cover the marker

3) its more likely to slow down recharge rather than speed it up

PyRo
09-29-2003, 02:48 PM
Its not going to slow down his recharge most likely, but won't work any faster either. His reg seat might not seat properly causing his velocity to be slighly more erratic. Somtimes they are threaded wrong and will strip the threads in the valve.
Next time you have the reg halves apart. Take out that little rod with the spring on the end. Now put that through your reg seat and into the back half of the valve. The gap between that pin and the reg seat is what the air going into the on-off has to travel though. That gap is significantly smaller than the one hole AGD gives you. Meaning that the hole in the reg is not the choke point.
You should replace the reg seat every time the valve halves come apart, so don't do this untill you are ready to change your seat.

furyhemi67
09-29-2003, 03:28 PM
i looked on the tank, which is a corssfire steel tank
and i couldnt find any indications to the output psi on the reg or the danger sticker on the tank, it is a screw in tank

thanks ofr in the info, i bought the mag with a hurricane on it , and it is off warranty anyway, it was consistent last sunday at a big game with a friends preset wrap tank
but it seemed to have a huge effiency problem, i usaed 800 psi on 350 rounds and it was not leaking for any where that i could tell, a guy who works at the local store said the level 10 was set up incorrectly,

thanks for any info

PyRo
09-29-2003, 03:47 PM
Your tank won't tell you the output pressure. You don't even have to worry about that though, its fine for your gun. What kind of barrel do you have, whats your paint-barrel match? Is there any kind of leak?

furyhemi67
09-29-2003, 04:21 PM
on sunday me and a friend checked for leaks out of all of the macro line fittings and out of the velocity adjustment and through the bolt and we couldnt find any

ive got an all american i do not know the bore sizes so icant tell the match
i was using 32 degrees paint from the field

PyRo
09-29-2003, 09:11 PM
What kind of barrel do you have. An excessivly long barrel will cut down on gas efficancy, too much porting will cut down too.
Take your barrel out, drop a paintball down it, if it rolls right through its too big, and will use more gas. If it doesn't roll right through blow down the barrel, if it takes a little force to get the ball through its good. If your face turns blue, and takes alot of effort to blow the ball through (from it being tight, not from porting) then its too tight and will cut down on efficancy.

furyhemi67
09-29-2003, 09:23 PM
my barrel is a 12 inch all american, it takes a little force to get in moving but not too much, but it does have porting the full length of the barrel