PDA

View Full Version : Level 10, want more stick

FortySix&2
09-28-2003, 10:01 PM
On my Level 10, i am using the smallest carrier and 1 shim.

My problem is that it will chop brittle paint...and from what i understand it shouldnt. It actually hurts my finger quite a bit when i stick in there. I stuck a pencil in there (those fake wood ones) and it kicked the pencil's ***.

Just wondering what i could do to make it "stick" more, or so it would be even less likely to chop.

Potatoboy
09-28-2003, 10:18 PM
Funny thing is you didn't list the one adjustment that will affect the forward pressure...

Which spring are you using?

Oh, and running the smallest carrier is kinda pointless unless that happens to be the largest one that doesn't leak.

Use the largest carrier that doesn't leak and the medium spring.

FortySix&2
09-28-2003, 10:18 PM
I forgot to mention this, but i put a ball in there halfway, just like in the LX vids, and lets just say i had to clean my bolt afterwords.

Dover
09-29-2003, 01:48 AM
that shouldn't be, i'm running the shortest (gold) spring, 2.5 with one (1) shim and it's so soft it nudges up against my finger.

GT’s Uber quick LVL 10 guide

I bought an X valve from AGD and it was nowhere near close to the proper setting. So here are some tips to help.

1. Pull off the bolt and spring

2. Take off the PT nut

3. take out all the shims and the carrier

4. place an o-ring inside the 2.0 carrier and toss in the carrier

5. reassemble w/o shims, and use the middle spring

6. Screw in the velocity adjuster about ½ inch. I know it sounds crazy but crank down on that bad boy!

7. If it doesn’t leak go with a larger carrier, 2.5, 3.0.

8. If it leaks and the sound changes when you touch the bolt (don’t put your finger in there and fire it just yet) go with a smaller carrier.

9. Once the correct carrier is found toss in 2 shims

10. Use the something about the size of a paintball, put it in the breech and pull the trigger. It should make a chuff, chuff sound. If the bolt doesn’t reset add another shim.

11. final test put on a barrel condom or plug tape a paintball half way into the breech. Pull the trigger until the paintball gets chopped. IF you run out of air, or your hand gets tired then the lvl 10 is setup properly. If not start over with the above steps.

xen_100
09-29-2003, 12:28 PM
put the next longer spring in there and then go chrono, it should be ALOT lighter.