PDA

View Full Version : no respect, no respect at all

68magOwner
09-28-2003, 11:01 PM
ok ,i was lookin at a magazine, one with alot of markers, lil blerb reviews, and prices. anyway, i t showed that a shocker retails for more then an imp. That made me think of the excal vs the viking, the excal is closed bolt, double silenoided, and costs more, same with the shocker, the viking is open bolt, cycles faster, and costs less, same with the imp, then why is it i ask, that i see tons of imps selling in the classifies forums, but the people with shockers (who are generally asking a lesser price then the imp owners) barely ever get offers? (im not just sayin this because i have a shocker, but that did help bring it to my attention), and im not refering to 03 shockers (i dont even concider them shockers, their not closed bolt, or double noid'ed) also, if cockers are preised beyond reason for being closed bolt, then why isnt the shocker given any of the hype? its closed bolt too and nobody claims that it shoots farther.
Anyway, enough of my complainig, can someone please tell me why the shocker gets no repect? :confused:

leefobes
09-28-2003, 11:16 PM
your best bet would be, why get an old shocker, when you can get better gun(s) for the same price. The weight. More gas efficient. I was looking into one, but decided against it becuase the Effieicny, It was outdated, and the weight when fully outfitted.

Blazingace
09-28-2003, 11:21 PM
I know quite a few guys that say that the shockers, the real ones that is, shoot farther than other guns. One reason that the shockers resale for less than the Imps is that they are far less popular. The Imp is a very hyped up gun. alot of high profile teams use the Imp to great effect and it gets alot of publicity. The Imp is easy to mill into a beautiful custom gun and it is known as a good reliable gun. The shockers are large, ineffiecent, slow and ugly. Which brings me to my next point. Alot of people buy PB gear put alot of emphasise(SP?) on how the gun looks. The shocker has always been considered an "ugly" gun. A brick with a grip and a barrel. PB is a perception driven industry and the shocker is percieved as an undesireable gun, whereas the Imp is looked at as a gun that high end teams and players use and people then desire that because it is percieved as a better gun.

68magOwner
09-28-2003, 11:25 PM
what "better guns for the same price" could you get? you name me one better gun for $140. i dare you lol, anyway, who cares about outdated?, its never chops and has like 5in shot groupings from across a field. Efficency, i get at least 1000 shots form a 20oz tank (i use co2 with it because i hear its more efficent that way) and as for weight, its really not that heavy, its weight less than the 98 cocker i had. :p

lord1234
09-29-2003, 07:13 AM
where did u get a shocker for 140?

68magOwner
09-29-2003, 11:32 AM
i got a shocker for 140 here on AO....first i got my mag for 140, traded it for cocker, traded that for a shocker, so i got my shocker for $140 (well, technically, 140 plus the shipping of the trades, so like 160.) ;)

68magOwner
09-29-2003, 02:08 PM
while were on the subject, would a trade of a shocker for a defiant be fair?

wobbles82
09-29-2003, 02:20 PM
As for the topic of resale values you must consider many things that players buying these things want. Nobody wants an older style gun, that is heavier, uglier, and part of a past that shows some bad things (such as the Excalibur supposedly being more accurate than a Viking because of its bolt style, or a Shocker shooting further, if youve never heard these stories such as the Tippmann shooting range, then i dunno where youve been). The Viking is an incredible marker, that is like the smaller brother who is gonna go to colllege...right..ok ignore that. Anyway its just like the better Excalibur in my opinion. As for the Impulse, like it has been said before, it is an accesible marker, an upon its release it had some nice hype and whatnot going for it. Not to mention top teams get this markers in the mail like its Chinese food menus. And finally, both look much better than their bigger, closed bolt, gas hog..well not so much the Excal, brother (or sister ;) ) markers. As for the trade...I think the Defiant has a greater potential to be faster, as teammate of mine use to use one, but MAKE SURE it has a low pressure setup, these markers will break paint and give nice kicks like no other wihtout one. Other than that....id do it. :D

68magOwner
09-29-2003, 02:32 PM
umm... if its stock will it have a LP setup? if not how much will it cost to convert it? also, does it have any signifigant kick, compared to a shocker, because due to the low kick factor i can get really tight shot groupings at high rof with the shocker. anyway, its been preety well established, impulses are "better" because they get more hype :p

camilion705
09-29-2003, 06:39 PM
Nobody wants to carry that huge thing around! I held one at the local shop and I really didnt like it. I like how they look though. Look at some pictures of people playing with shockers. They hold them in wierd positions and usually are leaning back a little bit. They don't make any sense to me.

They're cool for scenario games though.

dropkick1
09-29-2003, 09:05 PM
how do u figure they're cool for scenarios? just curious as to why you'd say that.

ken