PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Seen This? New Automag: Tac-One

Jaasper
09-29-2003, 12:46 AM
Just got in from Vipers latest scenario where they were passing out scenarios news magzine, that just happen to have this ad in the middle of it.

Jaasper
09-29-2003, 12:47 AM
and this...

vf-xx
09-29-2003, 01:07 AM
Yes, I've held it. it's Sweet!

I wonder if they've fixed it so you can mount something on both sides now.

edit*

heh, need to throw 3 laser sights on there to get the preditor effect...

speedyejl
09-29-2003, 01:18 AM
Isnt gen 2 night vision like a starlight scope from Vietnam that weighs 15lbs lol!

Jaasper
09-29-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by speedyejl
Isnt gen 2 night vision like a starlight scope from Vietnam that weighs 15lbs lol!

Actually thats more like pre gen 1/gen 1 stuff. Even gen 1 stuff now adays is as small and light as Gen 3. The only diffence is the image tube. If you are getting it for paintball you are best spending the cash for Gen 3. I don't own any night vision personally but I have used all three types and anything else is pretty much useless with out the IR light which is like walking around with a flashlight for other nightvison users.

RRfireblade
09-29-2003, 05:59 AM
Guess Tom's new body is out of the bag now.:)

I don't see any place to mount the granade launcher,and it needs a folding tripod.

Jay.

Doobie
09-29-2003, 06:37 AM
:( And here I thought that AO was the first to see everything??
;) JK...It looks great Tom!:D I really like the multipe rails.
It says it will retrofit all 'mags. Does that include E/X-mags?
Once again...well done.

...and good job keeping it relativley secret.

Skoad
09-29-2003, 07:36 AM
ewwwww, that whole thing just doesn't seem to fit together right.

theraidenproject
09-29-2003, 07:54 AM
Wouldn't people who like guns like that want a single trigger?

shartley
09-29-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by theraidenproject
Yes.

The Deacon
09-29-2003, 08:18 AM
Ok, now that the cat is outta the bag, what's the estimated cost and release date?

shartley
09-29-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by The Deacon
Ok, now that the cat is outta the bag, what's the estimated cost and release date?
The flyer/add says they will be available this fall. I don't know about the price.

cledford
09-29-2003, 08:35 AM
Awesome!

-Calvin

dansim
09-29-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by theraidenproject
no

cphilip
09-29-2003, 09:29 AM
Looks like a squared off sort of a "Sluggo" looking body thats tapped amd milled to put some mounting blocks on it and that is an old style classic rail it seems. I cannot see the valve so not sure what valve they chose for it.

Banshee23
09-29-2003, 09:35 AM
It says it's an X-valve in the description :)

vf-xx
09-29-2003, 09:39 AM
Well the ad says it's Xvalve technology so I'd suppose it's an Xvalve.

it looks kinda funny in the pictures, but the body really does look nice in person.

My only wish is that they'd make a new body rail to go with it that is the same lenght as the body and has a mount under the barrel.

*Tee hee, I"m still amused that I got to see this new, They had JUST painted it when he (I forget who) brought it out to Tom (while he was giving my brother and myself a tour)

cphilip
09-29-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Banshee23
It says it's an X-valve in the description :)

Oh cool. Thanks. I just looked at the picture and have not read the description. :)

Crighton
09-29-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by vf-xx
My only wish is that they'd make a new body rail to go with it that is the same lenght as the body and has a mount under the barrel.

Yeah I'd like to see that as well. Some type of RIS rail would be nice for under mounting attachments.

Severe
09-29-2003, 10:11 AM
Someone PLEASE tell me this has rails on both sides!!! Or at the very least, can be ordered to support the forgotten lefties of the world!!!

This thing just solved my begging and praying that someone would create a PF/HL ULE body!!!

Kudos to AGD!

Steve

vf-xx
09-29-2003, 10:25 AM
it has rails on both sides. No problems for lefties.

Python14
09-29-2003, 10:29 AM
neato. i like it.

Strider
09-29-2003, 10:32 AM
Is that a black anodized trigger on the frame? Ala Rouguefactor?

Looks like they've found an outlet for the straight triggerguard inteliframes too...

Three lasers would be cool. :D

Severe
09-29-2003, 10:43 AM
I guess the next obvious question would be, "will there be WARP style bodies in this style?"

Would be very cool to see a flat-top body with another rail opposite of the warp feed! I'm betting the scenario groups would like that also.

Steve

space_weazel_45
09-29-2003, 12:09 PM
awwww man i was hoping for more of an MP5 effect like this
http://www.tacticalpaintballgear.com/Roll%2012%20-%2066..jpg
yes that is a mag inside that

rich4man
09-29-2003, 12:44 PM
I knew there was a reason why I bought my mag several years ago. I have to admit I was looking into the new vf tactical autococker but I don't have to look any more.

Looks like the description is for a complete mag. I hope just the tactical body will be available.

Creative Mayhem
09-29-2003, 01:28 PM
hmmm I may have to add one of these babies to my arsenal... but wait do they come in dust purple? ;)

Sorry, couldnt resist..

I too would like to know if we can get just the body and if it will be coming in warp style as well. Shed some light on these questions Tom... equiring minds want to know!!

Tyger
09-29-2003, 01:58 PM
I'd like to see a hybrid body, like this.

Take a warp bdy, sidecar a rail on the opposite side of the warp, and possibly have the rail onthe top of the body as well for the front site.

I'll hit up Tom with the idea at Sam's, it's easier for me to show than to even attempt to draw.... But I lke hte new look!

-Tyger

wobbles82
09-29-2003, 02:04 PM
It just looks...like a nice arse scenario marker. I think AGD did the right thing by addressing the "over unneccesaryness" of having a bazillion scopes. If I ever get into that kinda thing, I think a little ultra fast tactical mag is the way to go. :D

(Oh yeh, didnt TK want to see how fast the news would travel using such a small magazine? Wow..that was fast, lol)

m-98
09-29-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by space_weazel_45
awwww man i was hoping for more of an MP5 effect like this
http://www.tacticalpaintballgear.com/Roll%2012%20-%2066..jpg
yes that is a mag inside that

That is amazing.

AGD
09-29-2003, 02:48 PM
Yes bodies will be available by themselves. Dont have a price on the whole gun yet we are just figuring out how much the bodies are going to cost.

We are gearing up a new supplier for the slugs /Tac-Ones so until they are up to speed we can't talk about warp bodies.

AGD

doubletap
09-29-2003, 03:05 PM
First Worr Games comes out with their tactical: http://www.armyoforr.com/vftactical.html Now AGD, looks like scenario games are taking over.....

ChucktheMAGician
09-29-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by doubletap
First Worr Games comes out with their tactical: http://www.armyoforr.com/vftactical.html Now AGD, looks like scenario games are taking over.....
Yeah, but that's not cool;) I like the body extending over the valve:) and various mounting postions!

Creative Mayhem
09-29-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by AGD
Yes bodies will be available by themselves. Dont have a price on the whole gun yet we are just figuring out how much the bodies are going to cost.

We are gearing up a new supplier for the slugs /Tac-Ones so until they are up to speed we can't talk about warp bodies.

AGD

Thanks Tom... You da MAN! Keep us posted, I think there are definately people that want on of these wonderful new toys you have come up with. :D

speedyejl
09-29-2003, 05:34 PM
Yea but the VF tactical looks soo much cooler!

:D

Athius
09-29-2003, 05:45 PM
Nice too bad that over here they dont make scenario games!

Hey why doesnt they make an Automag pistol for scenario games with a silencer and laser pointer ala Solid Snake? Hmmmm that would be nice!

RenagadeOfFunk
09-29-2003, 05:51 PM
WHAT!!! WTH!!! i didn't know about this...i would have bought one...

Python14
09-29-2003, 06:11 PM
Seriously, If I had a couple hundred dollars to spend. I would jump on one of those with a nice scope on the left, Gen 3 NV on the right, IR light in front of the hopper, LED flashlight under the barrel and lazer over the barrel. I know it would be super heavy and complicated. But I would seriously be a dangerous force to recon with, especially with an E-mag in it. Oh man, I seriously think this is one of the coolest times to be in paintball. For once, the two biggest Old school gun makers are dipping into the scenario scene.

It makes me excited.:p

z-zero
09-29-2003, 09:18 PM
I'm with Athius 'n' python14 now that we are marketing to the scenario side of things whens the new sydarm coming out?!? Come on Tom you know you want to make them, I saw the pic of you storming the beach with dual sydarms at d-day! Great pic by the way. I could see it styled after the HK SOCOM, just like Athius described..........ULE sydarm drool..........silencer........ laser sight........... drool.......... VR missions.... oh wait, got carried away!

z-zero:p

Bigzamboni
09-29-2003, 11:34 PM
Hrmm. I wonder if Picatinny Rails have anything to do with Picatinny Arsenal, a military installment near where I live...

jpdgas
09-30-2003, 03:06 AM
As a scenario player i have to say this is a dream come true, unfortunatly i like my warp to much to part with it...maybe i need two mags...

Tufiremn
09-30-2003, 09:56 AM
Tom, I don't know if it's possible, but adding another 1" -1.5" to the back of the body would allow for a CAR stock to be added. I did this a year or so ago with a CAR stock for a Tippman. Has held up through several scenario games.

Severe
09-30-2003, 10:40 AM
TruFiremn - I was thinking about people who would want to mount a CAR stock also. With the double sight rails extending to the or modifying the Tac-One body further, I think it would be pretty easy for someone to manufacture a small back block that would attach to both rails for stability and offer a connection point for the stock.

In fact, I think some of the more talented millist around here could whip up some really cool add-on's for this body.

Another thing that I was thinking was a side box mount for a WARP so that it would look similar to the box on an M249 SAW. But this would require a new boxy loader to make it look good. ....and of course a nice WARP body.

Btw, that's a great looking RTP!

Steve

AutomagRT1483
09-30-2003, 10:46 AM
Wowzers, I think I want one!:eek: :D

SN0BL1ND
09-30-2003, 12:30 PM
If I'da known about this, I wouldn't have just bought my Impulse...

Kaiser Bob
09-30-2003, 12:44 PM
i like the idea of intelliframe activated lights, id have it activate the IR light just before firing so i can blind then nightvision users right before i shot them :)

Tufiremn
09-30-2003, 10:50 PM
Severe, Thanks. I put that picture up on here over a year ago when I put it together, and had a lot of negative comments about making a marker look too much like a real gun. Funny how things change. I was also thinking about using the RIS (rails) to mount the stock. Just wanted to throw the idea at Tom since I've had a lot of intrest from scenario players who shoot mags. I'll be at the MXS gam ein Houston in Dec. , so maybe he can see it first hand. I also like the idea of the side box for the WARP. Might take a little work, but could be do-able. The funny thing about all of this is that my buddy and I where trying to figure out how to mount rails on a sluggo till we got the magazines from TB at the last Viper game. Over all I'm just glad to see that scenarios are becoming more popular, and recognized my guys like Tom.

MoBiLe
10-01-2003, 10:13 AM
Tufiremn, how did you mount that car stock on your rt?

Furby
10-01-2003, 01:01 PM
I wondered what JJ was hinting around to me about at Shatner...now I know! Well done! It's good to see major manufacturers like AGD taking an active interest in the scenario community.

And as for TB and his magazine, Scenario News...you all had NO faith. TB is a large Scenario playing GOD. Pray you never, ever go up against him in a scenario game. He's a brilliant general, and just plain evil with the smacktalk.

Tufiremn
10-01-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by MoBiLe
Tufiremn, how did you mount that car stock on your rt?

Mobile, I just got a piece of aluminum tube. Milled out the Inside diameter to fit around the valve, and notched it to clear the rail. Drilled and tapped a few holes for set screws to hold it on. Then I took a Tippmann CAR stock and drilled it along with the back of the tube for a pin. The pin holds the Tippmann adapter to the tube, and the nut on the CAR snugs everything up. All you have to do to Chrono is loosen the nut, pull the pin, and slide the stock out. You have to leave enough room between the Tipp. adapter and the valve for adjustments though. I did all of this with onlt a drill press, rotary file, and hack saw. I have like 18' of the tube left if anyone wants to try this themselves.

Tufiremn
10-01-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Furby
I wondered what JJ was hinting around to me about at Shatner...now I know! Well done! It's good to see major manufacturers like AGD taking an active interest in the scenario community.

And as for TB and his magazine, Scenario News...you all had NO faith. TB is a large Scenario playing GOD. Pray you never, ever go up against him in a scenario game. He's a brilliant general, and just plain evil with the smacktalk.

Just keep TB away from bridges, and creeks. He has a tendancy to inflict bodily injury to himself when around them. Hope those ankles are doing ok TB.

nippinout
10-01-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Tufiremn
Tom, I don't know if it's possible, but adding another 1" -1.5" to the back of the body would allow for a CAR stock to be added. I did this a year or so ago with a CAR stock for a Tippman. Has held up through several scenario games.

Dude, that mag is way too awesome. Nice work man!

Jaasper
10-01-2003, 04:14 PM

Just keep TB away from bridges, and creeks. He has a tendancy to inflict bodily injury to himself when around them. Hope those ankles are doing ok TB.

I've seen this mag in person. It is sweet looking. (I was the one that came up to you at the top of the hill next to the speedball/final battle area with the blue micromag in the brotherhood jersey, the 1st day.)

yeah, or at least get him some better night vision. Thou the stupid ATV trick he got out of Pepe were amusing. I didn't know you could flip over the handle bars of one of those things like that.

MoBiLe
10-01-2003, 09:16 PM
Tufiremn, thanks for the info
did you have to drill holes into your valve
im thiking of doing this to my minimag
that sure is a nice looking rt for scenario games

Automaggin2
10-01-2003, 09:22 PM
wow NIIIIIIIIIICE. The body looks a little cluttered in that pic :)

Mike Smith
10-02-2003, 06:27 AM
Tyger.....
Come on down to the Texas Throwdown, Dec 6 & 7. I hear Tom will be there. (Yes, I still need to upgrade my mag to a level 10) Email me your article about Shatnerball II... I really missed it, but plan on being at next year's Shatnerball.

Regarding TB, I think he's OK, but noone got pictures of Pepe doing his leap over the handlebars routine...

Oh, and for some reason, Pepe doesn't like his 4 wheeler being used as a mobile bunker... :)

Tufiremn
10-02-2003, 03:34 PM
Thanks Jaasper. I remember you, your Mag was pretty tight too. Had a lot of fun running with ya'll (Brotherhood, and the Dogmen) Our teams seem to have the same style, and that made for some great running and gunning. BTW, I was also the guy that won the Works Cocker.

Mobile, No you don't have to drill holes in the valve. The set screws just hold onto the outside of it, though they will leave some small marks. The only things that I drilled where the back of the adapter tube, and the Tippmann adapter for the lock pin.

nippinout, Thanks. The stock is now on the Emag in the back ground in that pic. I still use the RT for night time though.

11_Mile_TMaster
10-02-2003, 07:11 PM
Wow... showed this to two of my friends... one's thinking about it in lieu of an actual firearm... the other is now seriously considering upgrading to this from his spyder.

MoBiLe
10-02-2003, 07:11 PM
ya i think ill do this to my other minimag
i dont want my nice emax valve getting scratched up
lol

SpecialBlend2786
10-02-2003, 10:40 PM
i like the body style

Jaasper
10-02-2003, 10:53 PM
Thanks Jaasper. I remember you, your Mag was pretty tight too. Had a lot of fun running with ya'll (Brotherhood, and the Dogmen) Our teams seem to have the same style, and that made for some great running and gunning. BTW, I was also the guy that won the Works Cocker.

Yeah, we let the Dogmen run loose and then clean up the mess afterwards. :) Its kind of fun to watch. You should have seen it when they had there bright colored Tie-Dye instead of the subdued they have now. People would see them across the field and run the other way.

The Brotherhood, Dogmen, and Odessey, pretty much play together every scenario we go to. We are based in Fort Worth, Dogman in San Angelo, Odessey in Lousiana. Boudin, Fajitas, and Chili... Oh My.

Oh came across a picture of said hill.
Ya'll are in the background on the rocks, I'm the slim figure on the right with the sweet jersey and even sweeter micromag. :)

Xyxyll
10-03-2003, 11:33 AM
I can't wait to get a hold of one of these. I may have to delay my dreams of an emag and throw one of those on my RT Pro.

davidnj
10-03-2003, 02:22 PM
I like the body. I'll probably get one for my backup minimag. Kinda tired of the look it has now but would like something besides a ULE body. This should work perfect.

Cilio - Knightmare Tango
10-04-2003, 10:51 PM
Anyone know when these bodies will be available? I would love to get one.

xrancid_milkx
10-05-2003, 02:58 AM
All that left is an AGD Grenade launcher capable of attaching the the side :eek: :D

nippinout
10-05-2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by xrancid_milkx
All that left is an AGD Grenade launcher capable of attaching the the side :eek: :D

How about a rail with an elongated front?

It would allow the mounting of more stuff!

Cilio - Knightmare Tango
10-05-2003, 08:26 AM
nippinout,
That is a good idea, it would give a long mounting surface that is directly under the barrel.

SIGSays
10-05-2003, 10:10 AM
you know what i think? i think AGD should go on a sueing rampage... hehehe.. i bet they could make a hand ful off that...

that's if AGD didn't allow them to make the stuff

Fastkid
10-05-2003, 11:00 AM
oh my fricken gosh... I'm thinking about getting a job to buy that...

Interceptor
10-15-2003, 03:38 PM
Looks better than I hoped it would, but I am afraid to even think about the cost. What are we looking at, around $1000? I would hope they price it around the same as the Tactical Cocker. Keep it within reason and I'll get one.

IronKong51
10-27-2003, 05:38 PM
That mag is a piece of work and i can’t wait to add it to my collection

as for the double trigger thing just cause we are scenario players doesn’t mean we don’t like to walk a trigger from time to time if you haven’t been in a final battle at am MXS game you will see what i mean when you do.

Great Job Tom and all the folks at AGD for showing the support for the scenario players with this new incarnation of the MAG...cant wait to have one.

big E kingpin
10-29-2003, 08:26 PM
quick question does anyone know where i could find pricing/ordering these night vision sights you all seem to know enough about? im a straight tourny player, but after seeing that, i really want to build a scinerio gun

schiesz
10-29-2003, 10:23 PM
i'm just waiting on pricing and availability on the body. I can't wait.

Jaasper
10-29-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by big E kingpin
quick question does anyone know where i could find pricing/ordering these night vision sights you all seem to know enough about? im a straight tourny player, but after seeing that, i really want to build a scinerio gun

Well, umm just do a search on the net for night vision. Gen 1 going to set you back about $500, gen 2 around $1000-$1500+, gen 3 $2000-$3000+, and the ever popular gen 3+/4 (Current Mil Issue)$4000 - $5000+

You are better off saving up for Gen3 then getting a Gen2 scope and Gen 1, might as well keep the cash.

Hasty8
12-01-2003, 05:50 PM
Okay, I'm drooling. I want one.

Just a few quick thoughts.

Gve us a short rail under the barrel. That way at night the flashlight does not give us a dead spot from the barrel.

Second, Stock. We need a stock, preferrably fixed but again, that's just me. The Jet City Industries Folding stock worked on my Emag so we could go that way.

Last, at least make it able to except the lv10 bolt.

Other than that I am ready to sell and bodily organs that I have two of in order to get one.

Hasty8
12-01-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Jaasper

Well, umm just do a search on the net for night vision. Gen 1 going to set you back about $500, gen 2 around $1000-$1500+, gen 3 $2000-$3000+, and the ever popular gen 3+/4 (Current Mil Issue)$4000 - $5000+

You are better off saving up for Gen3 then getting a Gen2 scope and Gen 1, might as well keep the cash.

Do a www.google.com search for "night vision goggles".

I have two of the 5001. They are fantastic. Had to get a plastic model of the current kevlar PASGT helmets our soldiers wear to use the helmet mount and tear apart one of my paintball masks but it was well worth it.

ITT Industries Civilian Night Vision products (http://www.ittnv.com/itt/Active/ConProductPages/NightQuest/ProductIndex)

Ice-Child
12-02-2003, 10:28 PM
So when is the actual release date ??

Thats all I want to know.

Rob

sneakyhacker420
12-02-2003, 10:44 PM
new body for my pump mag :D