PDA

View Full Version : Paint too big for warp

hitech
09-29-2003, 09:14 AM
Any idea what to do when the paint is too small for the warp to feed properly? The warp did not push the paint hard enough to feed properly. Different paint worked fine. I tried flipping the disks, and it seemed to work at first. However after twenty rounds or so it was worse. Any ideas what to do when the paint is just too small?

circus5
09-29-2003, 09:22 AM
hmmm, makes me think, it would be cool if you could adjust the distance between the wheels to fit different paint sizes. could use set screws or something, or maybe posts that slide into sleeves, and a big screw in the center to ensure it tightens consistently....

tonyF
09-29-2003, 05:34 PM
I cut some plastic shims for my warps. Seems to work fine with 1 shim. I used a thin plastic container lid!

hitech
09-29-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by tonyF
I cut some plastic shims for my warps.

My problem is that the paint is too small. The warp disks are too far apart.

tonyF
09-30-2003, 02:05 AM
just re-read your post. Took it the other way first off!
What paint are you using to be that small?
Two things you could do.1. take the drum out and rig something up to try and make the plates warp inwards. 2. take out the centre spacer and shave some plastic off it.
1 would be the best option, that way if you use a larger bore paint you can flip them around.

Ghost24
09-30-2003, 02:36 PM
What type of paint are you shooting? I have heard some dry paints like marbs, don't work well with warps because the disk can't "grab" them.

hitech
09-30-2003, 02:40 PM
It was field only blaze. The dry paints tend to not slip past the disks and have the oppsite problem. That one I have figured out. ;)

Ghost24
09-30-2003, 03:56 PM
I'm stumped :confused: