PDA

View Full Version : Flex 7 > all other masks???

Skoad
09-29-2003, 12:36 PM
Looking for a new one, most likely getting a flex 7...unless anyone can change my mind.

What do you all think is the best mask around 50 bucks?

JEDI
09-29-2003, 01:04 PM
I love my Flex. I wouldnt switch. The bottom rubber part is awesome. You can fold it up and whatnot while you're not playing. I like the soft ear parts on either side too. The lenses are always easy to find. The Flex 7 is pretty much the standard in my book.

Skoad
09-29-2003, 01:07 PM
from what i read on the description on pbgear it says it may come with replaceable foam for the inside....i guess so you can switch it out with some non-sweaty foam padding in mid day :)

Creative Mayhem
09-29-2003, 01:13 PM
FLEX 7 IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!!

I have 2 of em, soon to have a third!

-=Squid=-
09-29-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by JEDI
I love my Flex. I wouldnt switch. The bottom rubber part is awesome. You can fold it up and whatnot while you're not playing. I like the soft ear parts on either side too. The lenses are always easy to find. The Flex 7 is pretty much the standard in my book. But what I dont understand is why people fold them up? It doesnt do anything but tear up the mask. Granted, it DOES make the player look 1337..

P.S... Dye Invision > ALL other masks :D

paintball8869
09-29-2003, 01:17 PM
I'm with you guys on lovin the flexs. I bought a proteus (after having 2 flexes, which i kept).....hated the proteus (way too heavy, just didnt feel like the flex). Now i've got a 3rd flex :) I've tried a number of other masks, but the flex7 has won out over them all. I'm probly gonna get rid of my other nonflex mask and pick up a 4th :) (gotta replace the dying flex7 that i have, it's 4 years old and still my primary mask :)).

Spleen
09-29-2003, 01:26 PM
the only beef i have with the flex is the foam on the ear.. its kinda hard, and i wear glasses, so it puts some pressure on my ears, but other than that i absolutely love em. Ive been hit in the rubber part 2 times so far with it and both bounced :). I just cant get the visor back on. Well, i can but it wont go on straight lmao. oh well, awesome mask never the less. :)

JEDI
09-29-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
But what I dont understand is why people fold them up? It doesnt do anything but tear up the mask. Granted, it DOES make the player look 1337..

P.S... Dye Invision > ALL other masks :D

Two reasons: One, when you're wearing it. if you fold it up, fresh air hits your face more. Your breath doesn't build up right in front of your face. (This makes a difference when you wear it for 6 hours) And Two, When its on your head, like tilted back, it gives you more vision if the rubber is folded back. If you have the soft sides, theres no side screws in the rubber, so it really folds up far.

wobbles82
09-29-2003, 02:07 PM
Main reason I say for the rolling of rubber as you will see by most teams, is so you can hear front players. Sitting in the snake and having two back guys shooting back and forth is kinda hard to yell over, as I have found out, lol. I use a Proflex, used to use a Flex 7, but the Proflex is just....l337er? Heh, the foam ears are comfy, although ear shots do hurt, but I dun care, im a man! err boy. :cool:

Thordic
09-29-2003, 02:16 PM
I swore by the Flex7 for a long time.

Until I bought my Morph. My VForce Morph is 10 times better than my Flex7, I love it.

Its super comfy, lenses are WAY easier to change, no stupid inner lense to crack (I broke the inner anti-fog lens on multiple spectra lenses, ruining hte lens).

Morph is my reccomendation.

coolcatpete
09-29-2003, 02:37 PM
I use flex's everyday iuntil yesterday when it hit the flex part and cam in and hit the roof of my mouth and lip and so I had to swallow like 5 paintballs that came in my mouth fast and made me gag. I even have it on video tape

Torbo
09-29-2003, 02:40 PM
i very much like flex's, but theyre even in my book with a proteus. And to that extent, i have both, and love both more than any other.

poolshark5226
09-29-2003, 02:42 PM
I prefer the Proteus, and you can pick them up for pretty much the same price if you look around

Archangel Kid
09-29-2003, 02:45 PM
i'm with thordic... when i used to play i swore by my flex... then i got my morph. Wow these things are amazing, so comfy and the lense is virtually fog proof.

coolcatpete
09-29-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by coolcatpete
I use flex's everyday iuntil yesterday when it hit the flex part and cam in and hit the roof of my mouth and lip and so I had to swallow like 5 paintballs that came in my mouth fast and made me gag. I even have it on video tape

it sucks dont buy them I used to love them until this and ironicly right afterthat the same thing happened to my friend on another team with his flex 7 and so he sold them that day and bout invisions.

tony3
09-29-2003, 03:09 PM
I had my old old scott extreme stalker forever, then finally bought a dye invision, and later sold it and moved back to my cheap scott mask, my favorite mask I have tried, but it just doesn't look good, I need something better to pull my look together;)

dansim
09-29-2003, 03:37 PM
i wore a flex 7 for a loooooong time, until i spiked it in a tantrum(i was a real tourney player for about 3 seconds,i let the ref get to me) but this year i decided i was sick of my brown flex(i couldnt find it one day )(i have two a destroyed blue one and functional brown one)and i ended up buying a nice morph i thought it was a little hard on the ears then i relealized the strap was twisted inside and since i fixed that i wouldnt go back i love my Morph:D there just seems to be a clearer more open view compared to the flex

Pacifist_Farmer
09-29-2003, 03:45 PM
I used one of the spectra's for a while,
then moved to a Z-Leader,

I just picked up a Proflex, and now I won't ever wear anything else, it is the best mask I have ever worn

lew
09-29-2003, 04:05 PM
Flex-7 all the way. It has a traditional look to it and is really comfortable. I have tried many others, but I always go back to my Flex-7.

09-29-2003, 04:15 PM
Flex..is it :)

-=Squid=-
09-29-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by JEDI

Two reasons: One, when you're wearing it. if you fold it up, fresh air hits your face more. Your breath doesn't build up right in front of your face. (This makes a difference when you wear it for 6 hours) And Two, When its on your head, like tilted back, it gives you more vision if the rubber is folded back. If you have the soft sides, theres no side screws in the rubber, so it really folds up far. I guess im just retarded, because when I used a flex I couldnt tell any difference with anything whatsoever withit folded up compared to it folded down...

bornl33t
09-29-2003, 05:15 PM
man I've seen and used my share of masks....but nothing beats the flex.

DiSoRdeR
09-29-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Skoad
Looking for a new one, most likely getting a flex 7...unless anyone can change my mind.
Its all gonna be about opinions as people have shown above. My advice is to go to your nearest paintball store or your favorite one and try some on for yourself. See what you like and dont just judge on peoples opinions, sure they may be right but how will you know? Thats just my advice.

SyntaxError
09-29-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
But what I dont understand is why people fold them up? It doesnt do anything but tear up the mask.

Paint bounces off your face, and besides if it breaks just roll the flex back down.

Voila, you didn't wipe and you're still in

Albinonewt
09-29-2003, 07:47 PM
For the past year I've been collecting masks, looking for the one i like the most. I own bunches of different ones from every company and I keep going back to my flex 7. Every other mask i have has some problem that annoys me too much to wear it.

And I HATE my invision. Every time I get shot in the mask I'm eating paint. I hate it

Zumina
09-29-2003, 09:34 PM
Flex is the only thing I'll use. Lenses are plentiful, cheap (under $15), and easy to replace (I can have a lense out and a new/different one in in under 5 minutes). Add to that great visibility, airflow, a plethora of acessories, and you've got a great mask.

FooTemps
09-30-2003, 09:59 AM
morph/shield is better than the flex when it comes to lenses and fit imo.

jdev
09-30-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Thordic
I swore by the Flex7 for a long time.

Until I bought my Morph. My VForce Morph is 10 times better than my Flex7, I love it.

Its super comfy, lenses are WAY easier to change, no stupid inner lense to crack (I broke the inner anti-fog lens on multiple spectra lenses, ruining hte lens).

I second that. only thing I dont like about the morph is the inability to change the pads inside the mask. lenses are hella easy to change, but aside from the difficulty in finding new lenses, (which I found here: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/xtremepaintball/vforcelenses.html) i have no complaints about my morph :)

Skoad
09-30-2003, 11:18 AM
WELL TOO BAD I ALREADY ORDERED A FLEX!!

:)

logamus
09-30-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Thordic

mine too

frntplayer
10-03-2003, 09:00 PM
i love the proflex it has the small felt like ear protectors and a very low profile and super comgfortable a litte more expensive but it is so worth it

tanstaafl
10-03-2003, 10:08 PM
The VForce Morph is the way to go. Comfortable and never fogs. But give it a try first before you go out and buy
what everyone says is the best thing. What's comfortable
for someone else may not be for you.