PDA

View Full Version : Radarchron....anyone have one?

Skoad
09-29-2003, 12:45 PM
Here at school the local field closed down so we made our own field, we've always been talking about getting a chrono but noones ever really went for it.

I've got a few extra bucks sitting around so im thinkin about picking one up.

RADARChron caught my eye just because its cheap, small, and i've used one before and it seemed to work.

Anyone here have one and know how long the life is on one of these? Any opinions or maybe a different kind of chron?

I would love to find one of those big honkin red ones for sale used, but they barely ever go up on the chopping block.

Strider
09-29-2003, 01:03 PM
Hmm, the look identical to the PMI Handhelds. Either or I suppose. The PMI ones work fine.

(Though they and I don't get along. :D)

deathstalker
09-29-2003, 01:26 PM
I use mine several times a month and have owned it for a few years now without changing the battery. It turns itself off after a minute or so to prolong battery life. It's accurate enough that I rarely have to do any adjusting at the field when I check it with the Big Red One.

hitech
09-29-2003, 01:31 PM
"We" have the small yellow hand held one. Works fine as far as I can tell. No problems.

Torbo
09-29-2003, 01:37 PM
ive got one....no complaints at all.

TheTramp
09-29-2003, 02:06 PM
I've had one for a while now and really like it. It's quite accurate and holds up well under field conditions.

I had a problem with the first one I had eating batteries but the company that makes them was very helpfull and was happy to replace it for me.

wobbles82
09-29-2003, 02:22 PM
The thing works great, I used to worry about going to big red and failing like a fool, so I would put my velocity down a bit to be sure. But once you get the feel its like nothing making the two match.

RRfireblade
09-29-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Torbo
ive got one....no complaints at all.

nastymag
09-29-2003, 03:45 PM
yeah ive had mine for a year now ... great stuff.

mrbrutal
09-29-2003, 03:46 PM
I have one and the field I usually play at uses both the radarchron and the big red chronos. They work great but Ive found that mine and the fields' tends to read a bit higher than the red chrono.

personman
09-29-2003, 03:56 PM
My brother and I have one and it works fine. I usally use it for just testing out guns and making sure there not shooting insanely low or high, and to make sure im using the right lx spring before I go play.

bornl33t
09-29-2003, 05:16 PM
I've been looking to get one too....I've heard a few reports about them being inaccurate by a few fps... but nothing that would cause safty issues. The problem is finding them cheap... I think going price is 70$

hobbesTZ
09-29-2003, 08:15 PM
The RADARchron is nice, but be careful not to let it slip off the barrel. Several people dropped my Radarchron and it seemed a but off target after that.

hobbesTZ
09-29-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Heat
I've been looking to get one too....I've heard a few reports about them being inaccurate by a few fps... but nothing that would cause safty issues. The problem is finding them cheap... I think going price is 70$

I'm pretty sure it says right in any description that its off by a certain ammount. I doubt that any chrono is exact.

penguinpunk555
09-29-2003, 08:26 PM
yea i got one saved my friends life we got it that day to i was shootin 400 bps good thng we got it we just switched springs in my lvl 10 thats y

personman
09-29-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by penguinepunk555
i was shootin 400 bps good thng we got it we just switched springs in my lvl 10 thats y

dang 400 bps thats crazy what spring were you using?!?! :p