PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen these new Bicycle gas throughs on the RTP's yet?

cphilip
09-29-2003, 04:45 PM
Nice. They realy are nice... gas through is on the other side near the top where you would expect it. enters from the bottom. Nice big hole. Comfy and stylin!

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1044491

Lee
09-29-2003, 04:59 PM
no, but i have one on my mini and love it.

Skoad
09-29-2003, 04:59 PM
ok i think someone should slap cphil with one of those "old news" or "search" pictures

Tom even posted those grips a while ago :P

cphilip
09-29-2003, 05:00 PM
Good. It sounds like this is going to be the stock grip on these from now on.

cphilip
09-29-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Skoad
ok i think someone should slap cphil with one of those "old news" or "search" pictures

Tom even posted those grips a while ago :P

Yea I knew that but those were proto types. These are on actual shipped out markers. The real deal. Maybe I should ask you if you ever saw one on a marker as it will be sold and is now being sold? That easier for you?

RenagadeOfFunk
09-29-2003, 05:06 PM
they dont look comfortable to me...

davidb
09-29-2003, 05:08 PM
Hmmm.. The grip itself looks good, but I wish that they would have gotten rid of the big metal piece above it. Definitely a step in the right direction though.

cphilip
09-29-2003, 05:12 PM
yea I would love to see some more done with that bracket myself. I do have one on mine I have cut off the back off and moved it back. Perhaps one of our folks here would like to tackle that and make us an upgrade one for that? Rogue?

Oh they are suprisingly comfy. Thats one of the things I was wondering. Its the first one I have actualy held in my hand and they like gel grips almost or something. I realy impressed with them. Looks and comfort often confuse things. Reserve your conclusion till you feel one is my advice on this one.

personman
09-29-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by cphilip

Yea I knew that but those were proto types. These are on actual shipped out markers. The real deal. Maybe I should ask you if you ever saw one on a marker as it will be sold and is now being sold? That easier for you?
Er- they have been shipped with TKO mags for like a year now I think heh

cphilip
09-29-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by personman

Er- they have been shipped with TKO mags for like a year now I think heh

Is that so? I didn't know that. I do not keep up with TKO and there activities. I not sure they exactly the same though. These are the first out of AGD directly on an RT Pro anyway. But interesting fact if its so. It is a popular grip style and nothing realy new in the world but is new to the RTP and is comfortable.

tony3
09-29-2003, 05:20 PM
I think is ugly, the old one looked better imo, they should just use the stock rail instead of the stupid rt rail, and put a normal VA on, not that dumb mounting bracket

cphilip
09-29-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by tony3
I think is ugly, the old one looked better imo, they should just use the stock rail instead of the stupid rt rail, and put a normal VA on, not that dumb mounting bracket

Well tony you would not be able to use the RT sear if you did that but...

And of course there is always someone who thinks EVERYTHING is ugly. Many said that about the old RT P grip which I also liked and defended. And I was a bit skeptical of this one. But now that I have had a chance to "Feel" it and not be clouded by "looks" I have to say I am impressed with it. Maybe you should do as I suggest and actualy feel one in your hand?

shartley
09-29-2003, 05:25 PM
I am sure they are super comfy… but I love my standard RT Pro Grip. I also don’t like how long they are now (the new ones). I think it would be much better if it was a bit shorter….. but that is just me.

personman
09-29-2003, 05:28 PM

Is that so? I didn't know that. I do not keep up with TKO and there activities. I not sure they exactly the same though. These are the first out of AGD directly on an RT Pro anyway. But interesting fact if its so. It is a popular grip style and nothing realy new in the world but is new to the RTP and is comfortable.
http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/010-1012-1.html
Yeah just a FYI

cphilip
09-29-2003, 05:28 PM
Good question Sam..now that you bring it up. I do not think it IS any longer at all. I think it just LOOKs longer but... Let me go get my old style one and see if it is longer or if it's just an optical illusion because the upper part is not covered by grip matterial.

Be right back.

-=Squid=-
09-29-2003, 05:30 PM
I guess im the only one who always thought the rubber foregrips look pretty tacky?

Athius
09-29-2003, 05:35 PM
Is that the new RT pro stock with everything ULE?

cphilip
09-29-2003, 05:40 PM
Sam, it is indeed 3/4 inch longer than the old style.

Personman, that sure looks similar although on a Classic. But yea Bicycle is Bicycle I guess.

They are comfy I will tell ya that though. It will suprise you.

cphilip
09-29-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Athius
Is that the new RT pro stock with everything ULE?

Yes that is about what they gonna look like. Unless Tom has something else up his sleeve. But initialy that is what you will see as the ULE RTP.

Kevmaster
09-29-2003, 06:05 PM
comin with ULE rails yet?

cphilip
09-29-2003, 06:13 PM
I realy cannot say Kev. I would have to take one of these apart and look and see to know for certain. I do know what they weigh. I did weight one of them. With the SS line, Bottom ASA, Barrel and all on it and just like you see it they weigh in at 3.0 Pounds.

personman
09-29-2003, 08:04 PM
Well they got these too
http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/036-0560-5.html
Pretty much the same thing :)

than205
09-29-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by shartley
I am sure they are super comfy… but I love my standard RT Pro Grip. I also don’t like how long they are now (the new ones). I think it would be much better if it was a bit shorter….. but that is just me.

I knew you'd post. And I knew we'd agree.
I like the original forgrip. Even further back I'd like to get rid of the sheetmetal and go back to milled/annoed aluminum from the old school RT.

tony3
09-29-2003, 08:13 PM

Well tony you would not be able to use the RT sear if you did that but...

And of course there is always someone who thinks EVERYTHING is ugly. Many said that about the old RT P grip which I also liked and defended. And I was a bit skeptical of this one. But now that I have had a chance to "Feel" it and not be clouded by "looks" I have to say I am impressed with it. Maybe you should do as I suggest and actualy feel one in your hand?

Wait a second, how come you can use the sear included with the xvalve in a stock rail? I probably should of said RT Pro Rail, not the classic rt rail with the air holes.

If the chance comes up where I can hold one, I gladly will, but personally, I don't really care that much...Also, I'm not sure where you got the impression that I thought EVERYTHING is ugly, but sorry if I don't worship every design agd comes out with...

In my opinion, the Classic Rt's look much better, I'm not big on the whole un-polished SS thing going on the Rt Pro.

Major Ho
09-29-2003, 08:19 PM

Is that so? I didn't know that.
Hehe, silly goose, you and your optical illusions ;)

Sooky
09-29-2003, 08:27 PM
I got my RTP about 2 weeks ago. So far I really like it, and it looks more solid and of a better quality than the previous foregrip (I never actually have held the other).

cphilip
09-29-2003, 08:29 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tony3

Wait a second, how come you can use the sear included with the xvalve in a stock rail? I probably should of said RT Pro Rail, not the classic rt rail with the air holes.

Because it uses a sear pin arrangement. This and the Emags use a sear screw to hold them in. Different sear.

If the chance comes up where I can hold one, I gladly will, but personally, I don't really care that much...Also, I'm not sure where you got the impression that I thought EVERYTHING is ugly, but sorry if I don't worship every design agd comes out with...

I didn't say you thought everything was ugly. I said SOMEONE Always thinks everything is ugly. As in you cannot ever please everyone. Try not to take it personaly. Many said that of the old fore grip. It was a chief complaint that they didn't like it. While I and some others liked it. And this redesign was a majority vote on so called improvement. A majority wanted this new one verses the old one. Even then I liked the old one better. Until I finaly did get it close and hold it. Now I am a bit more warming too it. That was the purpose of this thread was to revisit that and tell you I am a bit more inclined to like it when I had it up close. As far as you apologising for not worshiping everything I realy have no idea where you think you need to do that...

In my opinion, the Classic Rt's look much better, I'm not big on the whole un-polished SS thing going on the Rt Pro.

Classic RT? You mean the old style one? I did too. And I not that fond of the SS parts niether. I believe I already said that.

cphilip
09-29-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Sooky
I got my RTP about 2 weeks ago. So far I really like it, and it looks more solid and of a better quality than the previous foregrip (I never actually have held the other).

Ah well then have you played with it? Any comments on it in the field?

Sooky
09-29-2003, 08:43 PM
Ah well then have you played with it? Any comments on it in the field? Sadly, I have only dry fired it. I haven't been able to make it to the field yet, as I just recently moved and my new job is training me on weekends, then school over the week. I should be able to give it a go come the beginning of October.

azzkikr
09-29-2003, 09:33 PM
well I'm not saying its ugly but i too like the old style better. I have it on my original RT and love the feel of it. later AZZKIKR

kilaueakid
09-29-2003, 09:47 PM
Look they work on emags too....ohhh and they are comfy:D

This one is bored out for lithium batteries, so the gas-through is now void.

speedyejl
09-29-2003, 09:56 PM
so whats the lump on the tank? ...:rolleyes:

sneakyhacker420
09-29-2003, 10:24 PM
noooooooooooooo! that is extremely ugly!

i want the old grips back!

Marek
09-29-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by davidb
Hmmm.. The grip itself looks good, but I wish that they would have gotten rid of the big metal piece above it. Definitely a step in the right direction though.

I agree. I just got my ULE RTP a few days ago from AGD. I like the actual grip part, but not ASA part or the SS rail tactical foregrip extender thingy.

Came with an X-valve, Lvl. 10, ULE body, barrel, etc. The rail isn't ULE, but something that Roguefactor can fix. :) Overall very impressed and not bad for just making this.

http://www.forceofnature.com/modules/My_eGallery/gallery/Coverage/Other/iao2003/AGD_Billboard.jpg

~WarpedRT#2~
09-29-2003, 11:21 PM
Wow. AGD finally following Carl Bonta's age old foot prints. E-Mag #33, and #35 both had bicycle grips. Really comfortable. When I owned #33, the grip on it was great. Really helped steady the gun. #33 is now in the care of Cyberious.

wageslave
09-30-2003, 09:27 AM
I bought this grip for my Classic about a month and a half ago from the AGD store onlie and I like it alot. Well, it helps that I like the way it looks, but I've played with it and it's very comfortable for me. It's pretty soft and works very well for me, but I can understand that some people won't like it too much. As far as the height goes, it just screws into the bottom of the standard ASA.