PDA

View Full Version : tom when can we get the emag softeware 3.01?

maglover52
09-29-2003, 08:28 PM
when are we gonna be able to get it if we dont come to sams big game? and how much is it gonna cost? thanks tom your the man!

LaW
09-29-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by maglover52
when are we gonna be able to get it if we dont come to sams big game? and how much is it gonna cost? thanks tom your the man!

You will be able to call AGD get an RA number and send it in, they will flash it and send it back for free... might have to pay return shipping not sure!

maglover52
09-29-2003, 08:42 PM
o really sweet! thanks alot ill give them a call tommorow!

LaW
09-29-2003, 08:48 PM
o really sweet! thanks alot ill give them a call tommorow!

cool, i'm not sure if they are READY to have people sending them in but they are flashing boards this weekend so I would assume its ready :)

maglover52
09-29-2003, 08:51 PM
alright cool. do you know what all will be diffrent about it and the 1.37 software?

LaW
09-29-2003, 08:53 PM
alright cool. do you know what all will be diffrent about it and the 1.37 software?

just the shot buffering I would assume

rmmatt153
09-29-2003, 09:11 PM
ok i really hope i dont get in trouble but i dont think i am because i dont know if im suppose to tell anyone but anyway they told me to let people try it out. what im talking about is the new software. i went to AGD on wensday with my pal keith and got a Emag and they put the software on mine and his gun. no joke! i have it its awesome!! everyone at the field( www.ccpaintball.com ) i work at loves it. so i know it works. just call them up and ask them when it will be out to the public and trust me if u have to pay for it its damb worth every penny:D :D :D :D :D

LaW
09-29-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by rmmatt153
ok i really hope i dont get in trouble but i dont think i am because i dont know if im suppose to tell anyone but anyway they told me to let people try it out. what im talking about is the new software. i went to AGD on wensday with my pal keith and got a Emag and they put the software on mine and his gun. no joke! i have it its awesome!! everyone at the field( www.ccpaintball.com ) i work at loves it. so i know it works. just call them up and ask them when it will be out to the public and trust me if u have to pay for it its damb worth every penny:D :D :D :D :D

yeah they are doing the software its no secret... i would drive down to get it but without the body and parts of my sfl just having a board with 3.01 is pointless right now////

agd is about little over an hour from me, but whatever I will get it this weekend anyhow :)

maglover52
09-29-2003, 09:15 PM
hey what are some of the new features?

Load SM5
09-29-2003, 09:19 PM
3.0, to the best of my knowledge, is still being tweaked a bit. It should be ready any day now, but hold off for an announcement before you start calling.

cphilip
09-29-2003, 09:31 PM
...and if all goes well we should definately be able to do these at AO DAY SOUTH EAST IN CLEMSON SC!!!!!!!

*Zing*

Everything is an opportunity if you just look for it... :D

Kevmaster
09-29-2003, 09:36 PM
all the more reason to go :)

AGD
09-29-2003, 10:06 PM
The upgrade is free but if you RA it back to us we will probably have to charge you a small shipping and handling fee.

The game timer is gone and we are adding a trigger menu that will show your trigger on/off state without firing the gun. This will allow you to tune the trigger easily and debug it if its not working.

AGD

DiRTyBuNNy
09-29-2003, 10:08 PM
Yes...but 3.01? or was that a mistake?

Nick O time
09-29-2003, 10:09 PM
you be installing it at the Sams Big Game???

LaW
09-29-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Nick O time
you be installing it at the Sams Big Game???

this has been answered a few times but yeah

Nick O time
09-29-2003, 10:47 PM
yeah sorry for the stupid question i know he said it was free except for shipping so that will be good i dont exactly know how it works though, do they put a new chip in ur e mag or whatever or like upload some new program or what.

LaW
09-29-2003, 10:50 PM
yeah sorry for the stupid question i know he said it was free except for shipping so that will be good i dont exactly know how it works though, do they put a new chip in ur e mag or whatever or like upload some new program or what.

they plug into it and just flash the board with a new program

sneakyhacker420
09-29-2003, 10:52 PM
they hook it up to a laptop and upload the new software

Nick O time
09-29-2003, 10:54 PM
sweet i love it this makes up for me having to buy a 40 freakin dollar battery for my X because the one it came with is messed up

LaW
09-29-2003, 11:03 PM
sweet i love it this makes up for me having to buy a 40 freakin dollar battery for my X because the one it came with is messed up

If the one it came with was messed up it should have been replaced by agd, at least I would have complained

Nick O time
09-29-2003, 11:06 PM
but i didnt find out till like a week ago cuz i am just stupid and never took apart my battery pack, so they will probably say i did something to it and not give me a free battery.

LaW
09-29-2003, 11:10 PM
but i didnt find out till like a week ago cuz i am just stupid and never took apart my battery pack, so they will probably say i did something to it and not give me a free battery.

dude whats with the probably crap? Have you talked to anyone at AGD about it? wow you give up easily, maybe you did wreck it ...

the battery charger that came with the sfl probably over a year ago took a dump on me and they replaced it for free...

Nick O time
09-29-2003, 11:23 PM
well the only reason i am like this is cuz i know someone who owns an x and like somthing happened like where something with the trigger got messed up (not the electronics but with like some magnet parts or sumthing) and they are charging him like 200 dollars or sumtin to get it fixed.

LaW
09-29-2003, 11:27 PM
well the only reason i am like this is cuz i know someone who owns an x and like somthing happened like where something with the trigger got messed up (not the electronics but with like some magnet parts or sumthing) and they are charging him like 200 dollars or sumtin to get it fixed.

oh the grip frame that was cracked? How long have you had it? I would still give it a try...

Nick O time
09-29-2003, 11:28 PM
lets see i think about 3 or 4 months or so, but i am not sure i am just gonna talk to them at the big game because i am never home before they close though.

Kevmaster
09-29-2003, 11:28 PM
call AGD. AGD has one of the best warranty / customer care programs in the industry. Give them a call tomorrow and see what tey can do

Nick O time
09-29-2003, 11:33 PM
so i am gonna talk to AGD at the Big Game, but does the gun need to be able to fire to upload the software, because the gun has enough juice to turn on just not enough to recharge whatever the thing is that makes it fire.

LaW
09-29-2003, 11:42 PM
so i am gonna talk to AGD at the Big Game, but does the gun need to be able to fire to upload the software, because the gun has enough juice to turn on just not enough to recharge whatever the thing is that makes it fire.

that i'm not sure of, i only have my board so i hope not :)

Nick O time
09-29-2003, 11:47 PM
my friend has an emag too so i could just barrow his battery and then return it to him if all else fails.

LaW
09-29-2003, 11:48 PM
my friend has an emag too so i could just barrow his battery and then return it to him if all else fails.

I just have the board :) the sfl is nowhere to be found ;) some say it is in alabama somewhere for the time being :)

Nick O time
09-29-2003, 11:50 PM
so like is your gun lost or what or is urs the one that got dropped in the lake???

LaW
09-29-2003, 11:53 PM
so like is your gun lost or what or is urs the one that got dropped in the lake???

Well considering i have a battery, a board (including ace etc) and a valve assembly... I am just missing everything the above mentioned goes in. xtreme paintball depot is located in alabama, they do annodizing, my sfl is getting a new color ;)

Just not getting it back in time for saturday oh well :)

Nick O time
09-29-2003, 11:58 PM
i want to send my x in to get re annoed there too but not for a while yet what color are you getting???

LaW
09-29-2003, 11:59 PM
i want to send my x in to get re annoed there too but not for a while yet what color are you getting???

not sure how its going to turn out yet :) just wait till i get it back, hopefully should be nice

maglover52
09-30-2003, 12:55 AM
so tom are u guys doing the upgrading now then? can i call in tommorow and get an ra for it? cause i wanna send my board in and my flatline at the same time. i wanna get the upgrade for my board and my flatline has a leak and i cant figure out why i have replaced the reg seat and made sure the macro line fitting and the guages where snug any ideas on what it could be so i dont have to send it in?

thanks alot tom!

maglover52
09-30-2003, 10:32 PM
tom i noticed u where on and fgured you didnt see this yesterday so ill just up it so you can see it.

maglover52
10-01-2003, 03:13 PM
:( i just got off the phone with agd and they arent updating emag software yet:( i dagnabit i forgot to ask when they will be updating them im so dumb:p :confused:

Load SM5
10-01-2003, 04:04 PM
:( i just got off the phone with agd and they arent updating emag software yet:(

Originally posted by Load SM5
It should be ready any day now, but hold off for an announcement before you start calling.

I'll bet you read Cliff's Notes instead of whole books too, right?;)

TheDuelist
10-01-2003, 04:22 PM
Can anyone from AGD tell us if the software will be available at World Cup?

AGD
10-01-2003, 04:47 PM
yes we will be flashing boards at world cup. No the software is not ready yet we are getting a trigger testing program added to it then you can send them in.

The software we will be doing this weekend does not have the trigger testing added yet.

AGD

DiRTyBuNNy
10-01-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by AGD
yes we will be flashing boards at world cup. No the software is not ready yet we are getting a trigger testing program added to it then you can send them in.

The software we will be doing this weekend does not have the trigger testing added yet.

AGD

Trigger testing? Are we talking about some kind of diagnostic or AGD's version of the WAS board's simulate mode?

Kevmaster
10-01-2003, 07:17 PM
as it was described to me, a mode whenthe trigger is back (activating the hes) the LED flashes something. Its for tuning the trigger stops and magnet screw.

DiRTyBuNNy
10-01-2003, 07:30 PM
so i'm assuming with this diag mode pulling the trigger won't engage the counter? so we can tune our triggers without putting a thousand shots on the counter?

sneakyhacker420
10-01-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
so i'm assuming with this diag mode pulling the trigger won't engage the counter? so we can tune our triggers without putting a thousand shots on the counter?

just let your battery die (leave the gun on overnight) and then the counter will be erased... trust me, i've done it like 6 times so far :rolleyes: