PDA

View Full Version : Trina's Belated Introduction

Trina
09-29-2003, 09:20 PM
Hello everyone!! I thought I’d introduce myself—even though I’ve been posting since the Shatner Game at EMR (which was a great time BTW). I’ve been playing paintball now for about six years, since my husband, Doobie, first introduced it to me…he made me promise to play on his birthday. Now, I’m into ANYTHING paintball and will do scenarios, speedball, whatever! Just played in my first three-man tourney last Saturday, with an all girls team at Nashville Paintball. I think I definitely had the tournament jitters—we didn’t do as well as we expected, but that’s only more incentive to kick it up next time!!:D I currently shoot a Spyder AMG LCD, but I will soon have Doobie’s revamped mag, once we hook it up with ULE parts and a new valve. Just got a Warp today and am working on hooking it up tonight, which is great, cuz I just can’t seem to keep that hopper down. When not playing paintball, I enjoy horseback riding, running, soccer, hiking, skiing, uh…ETC… I’ve posted some pics of me, since you all seem to want pics. :D Look forward to meeting everyone!!!

T

AutomagRT1483
09-29-2003, 09:24 PM
Well, let me be the first to wish you a belated welcome to AO!!!:D

Geoff

Trina
09-29-2003, 09:25 PM
Here's some pics of me at the tournament last weekend.

Trina
09-29-2003, 09:30 PM
Me and my teammate, Jennifer, discussing plays:

Trina
09-29-2003, 09:58 PM
Me and Capo being tortured at the Shatner Game:

Clare
09-29-2003, 09:58 PM
Hey Trina!! Cool pics.. :D

Trina
09-29-2003, 10:06 PM
Hey thanks! :D It was hard putting pics up of myself :D

Trina
09-29-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by AutomagRT1483
Well, let me be the first to wish you a belated welcome to AO!!!:D

Geoff

Thanks man!! :D

Gunga
09-29-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Trina
Me and Capo being tortured at the Shatner Game:

BAH!! It looks like you're having fun!

By the way...you owe me $5 for the ride! :D

Trina
09-29-2003, 10:22 PM
I enjoyed every minute of it!!! That whole weekend was a blast!!! Except when I almost got kidnapped while Doobie went in to get some krispy kremes. :D

Gunga
09-29-2003, 10:29 PM
I enjoyed every minute of it!!! That whole weekend was a blast!!! Except when I almost got kidnapped while Doobie went in to get some krispy kremes. :D

Yeah...you were damn lucky that cop was there!! :p

Clare
09-29-2003, 10:32 PM
Trina walking right behind me..

I'd post a better pic but that's the only one I've seen of us during the actual game.. :p

Trina
09-29-2003, 10:37 PM
Hey Capo! What am I doing...I think I'm yawning....:o

That's Doobie to the left of me :D

Clare
09-30-2003, 01:32 AM
..and it looks like I'm lifting up my pants. :p

Mango
09-30-2003, 06:43 AM
:D

Your back Trina, and Doooooobie!

Trina
09-30-2003, 09:56 AM
Thanks Mango...not exactly my best side :p That was after partying the night before...I look soooo thrilled to be there...hahhaha!!

wyn1370
09-30-2003, 10:17 AM
yep Trina did things backwards. Usually you show up on AO then attend events. She attended an event then got hooked on AO.
Glad to have you here.
But you still have to pass the initiation ritual to become a hardcore AO day attendie(sp). I've got a carbomb with your name on it.

Muzikman
09-30-2003, 11:29 AM
Now, she is going to kill me for this I am sure. But this was the coolest thing I have ever heard a wife doing for their husband.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77549&highlight=doobie

With that being said, I'll go hide under the desk...

Muzikman
09-30-2003, 11:39 AM
Oh, and I'll add a few more pics...

http://www.automags.org/~Muzikman/Events/Shatner03/Popup544.jpg

http://www.automags.org/~Muzikman/Events/Shatner03/Popup2651.jpg

http://www.automags.org/~Muzikman/Events/Shatner03/Popup2655.jpg

One more...
http://www.automags.org/~Muzikman/Events/Shatner03/Popup530.jpg

cphilip
09-30-2003, 11:50 AM
OK I got some Candy for this one!!!

Welcome Trina

I moving this to Talk as thats where we welcome new members. Confusing I know. Trust me... :D

Kaiser Bob
09-30-2003, 11:55 AM
Err, yea! belated welcome to AO! Hope to see ya at more events, *cough*SCAO*cough* :D

-Kaiser Bob
'Bunker for Hire'

manike
09-30-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by cphilip
OK I got some Candy for this one!!!

You always have Candy for the Ladies...

Welcome Trina :D

cphilip
09-30-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Kaiser Bob
Err, yea! belated welcome to AO! Hope to see ya at more events, *cough*SCAO*cough* :D

-Kaiser Bob
'Bunker for Hire'

Now how did I miss that opportunity! Thanks KB.

Creative Mayhem
09-30-2003, 12:05 PM
I know I welcomed you at Shatnerball, but I will say it again...

WELCOME TO AO!!!!

BTW I like the hair in the first pic(how many batteries does it take to get it that bright? ;))jk

Looking forward to playing with you and Doobie again.

LONG LIVE THE O.K. CORRAL SQUAD! :D

CM

stondroopy
09-30-2003, 01:22 PM
I think its cool to see husband a wife players :)my wife said she would play if I could make the gun purple with sparkles.belated welcom to ao :)

Muzikman
09-30-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by stondroopy
I think its cool to see husband a wife players :)my wife said she would play if I could make the gun purple with sparkles.belated welcom to ao :)

Talk with Creative_Mayhem...he's got a couple girly purple mags;)

Or...Webby...he's got a girly pink Xmag;)

cphilip
09-30-2003, 01:27 PM
We have another Husband and Wife duo here. Sinistarr and his wife. They will be at AO day South East in South Carolina. Great couple. Come meet them.

Creative Mayhem
09-30-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman

Talk with Creative_Mayhem...he's got a couple girly purple mags;)

Or...Webby...he's got a girly pink Xmag;)

Hey I'll have you know my mags are not girly, but they are purple and dead sexay. You are right about Webby's X though... it is pink... ;)

And another note about the girly/purple thing...

To quote Blazingace in his purple impy thread..

"I knew it was only a matter of time before the only man to get away with his sexuality intact after buying a Purple X-mag would put his Canadian 2 cents in. Eh? "

Wickster
09-30-2003, 03:37 PM
Welcome to AO, although we met at shatnerball2 as well. It was a great time and you are in the pics I posted of the Shat2 AO after-party.

As a side note, My wife played with us at Shatnerball2 and she plays every time I play (we don't do tourneys though). She never played until we got married, now she loves to play too.

AngelBoy
09-30-2003, 04:06 PM
Welcome to the family. Good to see more from TN here:)

Major Ho
09-30-2003, 04:16 PM
Helllooooooo Nurse... :D
Nice to hear from the ever growing female paintball players. (No. 2 fastest growing female participants in 2002)

Im curious since you all are by Nashville if you will be at the AO SC meet?

RenagadeOfFunk
09-30-2003, 04:22 PM
damn...how come everyone has an x-mag but me?...it makes me mad, because i most likely live the closest than anyone to the agd factory...(20min away)...(see below: two than are not mine...you just wait 15 years...ill have one by then...)

oh BTW welcome...

maglover52
09-30-2003, 04:38 PM
i hope i someday will be able to go to an ao meet:( unfortunatly im poore and there all far away from oregon

Doobie
09-30-2003, 04:48 PM
Just to let you guys know...Trina and I are PLANNING on attending the AO SE/SC meet in Nov.
I am at an Army school in Ft. Benning, GA. and graduate Nov. 20th. This gives me an excuse to drive to Greenville and visit my brother , then got to the Ramada in Clemson for the AO meet the next day and meet up with Trina. :)

Get the candy ready!! :D

Gunga
09-30-2003, 04:54 PM
my wife said she would play if I could make the gun purple with sparkles.belated welcom to ao :)

Y'mean like this one? :)

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?postid=281955

RenagadeOfFunk
09-30-2003, 04:55 PM
:0

Trina
09-30-2003, 04:56 PM
Now, she is going to kill me for this I am sure. But this was the coolest thing I have ever heard a wife doing for their husband.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77549&highlight=doobie

With that being said, I'll go hide under the desk...

Muzikman...YOU'RE SOOOOOOO DEAD!!!!! I thought that would be a long forgotten thing. I didn't even think Tom would post that!! What goes through a woman's mind when her husband is at war...

Trina
09-30-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by wyn1370
yep Trina did things backwards. Usually you show up on AO then attend events. She attended an event then got hooked on AO.
Glad to have you here.
But you still have to pass the initiation ritual to become a hardcore AO day attendie(sp). I've got a carbomb with your name on it.

Wyn, you know I promised for next time!! Save it for me ;)

Trina
09-30-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Creative Mayhem
I know I welcomed you at Shatnerball, but I will say it again...

WELCOME TO AO!!!!

BTW I like the hair in the first pic(how many batteries does it take to get it that bright? ;))jk

Looking forward to playing with you and Doobie again.

LONG LIVE THE O.K. CORRAL SQUAD! :D

CM

Thanks!!! You like my hair?? Wanted to make sure Doobie doesn't lose me in a crowd! ;)

Had an awesome time at Shatnerball with everyone and can't wait to go to the next event...AO SC!!! Then one of the TX events is next on our list (not sure which one yet...Xball is sounding better and better, though).

Muzikman
09-30-2003, 05:08 PM

Muzikman...YOU'RE SOOOOOOO DEAD!!!!! I thought that would be a long forgotten thing. I didn't even think Tom would post that!! What goes through a woman's mind when her husband is at war...

I still think it's great...

Trina
09-30-2003, 05:12 PM

I still think it's great...

Thanks, though..I won't kill you. ;) I know it made Doobie happy and that's all that mattered. :p I think the best thing for him after coming back was going to the Shatner game...he just had perma-grin all weekend. :D

RenagadeOfFunk
09-30-2003, 05:13 PM
Doobie.....DOOOOObie....do/ue/be.....it rolls off your tongue and into your heart...AHHH what am i saying....

Trina
09-30-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by RenagadeOfFunkRTPcf
Doobie.....DOOOOObie....do/ue/be.....it rolls off your tongue and into your heart...AHHH what am i saying....

I have NO clue...

Python14
09-30-2003, 05:39 PM
Welcome to AO. It's a pleasure to see more ladies playing. I'm trying desperately to get Lilsnowpixie playing more. It'd be awfully fun to see you, capo, and lilsnowpixie ripping up some of shatners boys and girls next year, ya know?:D

Eitherway, Welcome to AO and have a good time.:)

cphilip
09-30-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Doobie
Just to let you guys know...Trina and I are PLANNING on attending the AO SE/SC meet in Nov.
I am at an Army school in Ft. Benning, GA. and graduate Nov. 20th. This gives me an excuse to drive to Greenville and visit my brother , then got to the Ramada in Clemson for the AO meet the next day and meet up with Trina. :)

Get the candy ready!! :D

Holly Cow DOOBIE!!!!! This is great news!!! yea its not far from there. I even give you some Candy if you come!!!! :D

Great news!!!

Dayspring
09-30-2003, 09:09 PM
Welcome abord T! :)

See you and Doobie in SC!

cabldawg
09-30-2003, 09:42 PM
hey Trina and Doobie, if your thinkin of texas event to go to in dec. texas throwdown would be my suggestion.

Trina
09-30-2003, 09:48 PM
HEY Dayspring!!!! We'll be there!!! :D

We are still undecided on the TX thing...want to do both actually, but we will have to see which fits into our schedules best.

BTW...just got my WARP hooked up and it's all ready to go now. Think I may need to cut the hose a little though. Doobie talked me through it and it was much easier then I thought it would be :D

dinger
09-30-2003, 10:06 PM
doobs, did you get your xmag? :)

sneakyhacker420
09-30-2003, 10:11 PM
welcome to AO trina!

btw, what is your current stance on Pie. (the pastry dish)

do you like it, love it, hate it, or care not to talk about it :D

Pie Revolution is always open to new members (click the logo in my profile to go to the thread)

we already have TooDamnSweet in it, another AO-Fem. :cool:

Trina
09-30-2003, 10:21 PM
Here She is...I think I'm going to cry. :(

I'm ordering my ULE body and trigger and soon I'll have my first mag..

The TMag

cuz Doobie's XMag is on it's way...

Clare
09-30-2003, 10:24 PM
hey Trina and Doobie, if your thinkin of texas event to go to in dec. texas throwdown would be my suggestion.

If they pick one, I suggest they come to the Texas AO meet instead :p

maglover52
09-30-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa

If they pick one, I suggest they come to the Texas AO meet instead :p

i think we should have an ao day in oregon! that way i could go to one! lol. there is a couple good fields here oregon paintball is pretty nice(probally not to you capo sense u play at fields all over lol) and there is splatt action which is pretty big field.

Doobie
09-30-2003, 10:30 PM
I hear my X-mag is in the mail as we speak. giggles like a school girl!! Can't wait!

Trina
09-30-2003, 10:34 PM
Well, Capo...I do owe you one for not drinking the car bomb with you :D That is our first choice :D Hopefully schedule permits and Doobie doesn't go back to Iraq--if he does, I'll probably still go :p

maglover52
09-30-2003, 10:37 PM
NOOO we gotta have one of the next ao meets in oregon:D :p ;)

edweird
10-01-2003, 01:07 AM
First of all T, Good seeing ya again on the boards! Hopefully the next time we meet you and clare wont have to be re-spun shatnerball style again.

We are still undecided on the TX thing...want to do both actually, but we will have to see which fits into our schedules best.

Well as of now I intend on showing to both TeXball and Texas Throwdown... And whatever one yall show to count on another insane AO-partay!

PaintballSmurf13
10-01-2003, 01:15 AM
please allow me to pick my jaw up off the floor....
(not talking about the guns....)

anyways, WELCOME and all that good stuff

-Ryan F.

breg
10-01-2003, 04:01 AM
Well,
Welcome to AO: the best Paintball Forum on the 'Net.

Oh, and by the way, there are worse things out there than Car Bombs. Trust me when I tell you that if anyone offers you a "Three Wisemen," run for the hills.

bornl33t
10-01-2003, 05:31 AM
guess I'm finally starting to draw the chicks in....
<----(check the title)

I knew it was just a matter of time before my charming personality starts pulling some females onto the boards... :D :D

anyway... welcome and pink hair rawks :D

manike
10-01-2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by cphilip
Holly Cow DOOBIE!!!!! This is great news!!! yea its not far from there. I even give you some Candy if you come!!!! :D

Great news!!!

Uh oh! Phil's giving out Candy to the boys also now...

Seeya at the SC event!

Trina
10-01-2003, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
welcome to AO trina!

btw, what is your current stance on Pie. (the pastry dish)

do you like it, love it, hate it, or care not to talk about it :D

Pie Revolution is always open to new members (click the logo in my profile to go to the thread)

we already have TooDamnSweet in it, another AO-Fem. :cool:

Well, I do like pie, but would have to say Ice Cream is my real weakness...

Furby
10-01-2003, 06:49 AM
Trina walking right behind me..

I'd post a better pic but that's the only one I've seen of us during the actual game.. :p

It's pretty tough to take a picture of someone while they're moving and you're walking backwards!

And, you're welcome.

Trina
10-01-2003, 06:52 AM

You need to get her the gun...then hold her to it. Make her play with you for your birthday (as a special gift to you), this way you can make her feel bad if she backs out...trust me this works. And I DID try to back out. :p

sneakyhacker420
10-01-2003, 06:54 AM

Well, I do like pie, but would have to say Ice Cream is my real weakness...

the best of both worlds :D

Furby
10-01-2003, 06:58 AM
What is it with women and Purple? My wife's wedding present from me was a custom BM2K....and it HAD to be purple! Oh well...it made her happy, so that's good enough for me...

Trina
10-01-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by edweird
First of all T, Good seeing ya again on the boards! Hopefully the next time we meet you and clare wont have to be re-spun shatnerball style again.

Well as of now I intend on showing to both TeXball and Texas Throwdown... And whatever one yall show to count on another insane AO-partay!

I'll be ready!!! Guess I outa start building up a tolerance... :p

Clare
10-01-2003, 07:01 AM
It's pretty tough to take a picture of someone while they're moving and you're walking backwards!

not complaining about the pic, just the only pic I could post of us during a game.. :p

Hopefully the next time we meet you and clare wont have to be re-spun shatnerball style again.

..as long as JJ isn't the one picking me up!

Trina
10-01-2003, 07:11 AM
That was funny :p Specially when he tried to pick us both up at the same time...:D

sneakyhacker420
10-01-2003, 07:13 AM
i can already tell that this thread is gonna be like the TDS welcome to AO thread... 100 some pages long with 3 or 4 remaining people who post regularly

Clare
10-01-2003, 07:13 AM
he's horrible at picking people up and didn't care that I kept complaining that my dye pants were too loose for someone to be tugging at them! :rolleyes: :p

Trina
10-01-2003, 07:14 AM
Capo...I think that was the whole point... ;)

Trina
10-01-2003, 07:15 AM
I was trying to help you out, but I don't think that looked too good either...

Clare
10-01-2003, 07:17 AM
..not at first, it wasn't until he started pulling at my pants that I started complaining. Not all girls mean "yes" when they "no". Think about that, JJ. :p

Albinonewt
10-01-2003, 07:42 AM
Um......

HI

Come to throwdown, it's gonna be a blast!

All your farm animals are belong to us!!!!

Creative Mayhem
10-01-2003, 08:52 AM
Trina, You guys HAVE to go to Texball in Feb. Like Edwierd noted, there will be a mad AO partay as usual:D isn't that enough of a reason to go?

Carbombs anyone? :D

wyn1370
10-01-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Creative Mayhem
Trina, You guys HAVE to go to Texball in Feb. Like Edwierd noted, there will be a mad AO partay as usual:D isn't that enough of a reason to go?

Carbombs anyone? :D
I think I'll nominate you the official ambasador of the carbomb for Texball, as I'm not going to be there

manike
10-01-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by wyn1370

I think I'll nominate you the official ambasador of the carbomb for Texball, as I'm not going to be there

Nooooo. Come on... you know you want to... we have 5 months to wear you down...

I'm betting you go ;) .

wyn1370
10-01-2003, 09:53 AM
not very likely
much like world cup, it's very bad timing work-wise

Albinonewt
10-01-2003, 11:59 AM
All Your Income Tax are belong to us!

wyn1370
10-01-2003, 12:04 PM
all your 10k are belong to us too

Gunga
10-01-2003, 12:34 PM
as long as JJ isn't the one picking me up!

HEY!! What's that supposed to mean, dorkus maximus? :p

Trina
10-01-2003, 04:52 PM
Gunga, I don't think she liked you trying to pull her pants down...:p

Better her then me, though...hahaha!!! ;) Now that would've been a scarey sight!!:D

Trina
10-02-2003, 12:25 PM
I just wanted to say a grand thanks for all your warm welcomes and really look forward to meeting everyone (if I haven't already) at some of the upcoming events!! You all are the coolest!! :D

T

Muzikman
10-02-2003, 12:37 PM
...You all are the coolest!! :D

T

We know :D

Gunga
10-03-2003, 12:44 PM
Methinks the lovely Trina stars (in a picture) in Josh Silverman's article about Shatnerball II in the latest Crossfire magazine! I'll take a pic tonight and post it here.

Trina
10-03-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Gunga
Methinks the lovely Trina stars (in a picture) in Josh Silverman's article about Shatnerball II in the latest Crossfire magazine! I'll take a pic tonight and post it here.

Gunga - Thanks for the compliment!! :p

Am I a dot in the background?? That usually seems to be my luck....:rolleyes:

Dayspring
10-03-2003, 01:41 PM
None of the stores/pro shops around here carry Crossfire. :(

Gunga
10-03-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
None of the stores/pro shops around here carry Crossfire. :(

Subscribe! :p

Dayspring
10-03-2003, 02:04 PM
Thank you captain obvious...

Other Realizations by Gunga (AKA- Captain Obvious)

"That's air in my lungs."
"I'm standing."
"I'm sitting."

:p

Trina
10-03-2003, 02:30 PM
I know, I checked everywhere too..:(

Jeff_PbDaddy
10-03-2003, 04:34 PM
We met at SPPLAT.

Guys, don't be fooled by the pretty face and gentle manner. This babe will hunt you down and bunker you @$$ in a heart beat! God help her opponants if she ever gets hold of an Xmag!

Proud to have you in AO.

Jeff

Gunga
10-03-2003, 07:48 PM
Am I a dot in the background?? That usually seems to be my luck....:rolleyes:

A dot in the background? To quote Clare, "Pff!" :D 1/2 of a page!!

Gunga
10-03-2003, 07:49 PM
Wyn's truck even made it in the article! Post tire-separation of course.

Doobie
10-03-2003, 08:33 PM
Rock on Trina!

:D :D :D

Now we are just working on getting a mag in her hands for the next time!!!

Trina
10-03-2003, 10:07 PM
OMG!!!!! I'm speechless...:eek:

G-Rock
10-04-2003, 08:24 AM

Oh no, you finally beat Doobie. All his pics combined in that APG of old doesn't even compare to that one. Hahahaha.

I got my picture in a magazine once, like 5 years ago, when I hade a stingray, damn now I am jealous!!

Chris Geiger

Doobie
10-05-2003, 11:04 AM

Now...that's a first!;) :D

kevdupuis
10-05-2003, 02:29 PM
Hello again Trina.
Next time we meet, Deb WILL be out on the field with us, even if I have to carry her out. (May need a camera for that). :D

Trina
10-05-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by kevdupuis
Hello again Trina.
Next time we meet, Deb WILL be out on the field with us, even if I have to carry her out. (May need a camera for that). :D

Hey, whassup!!!
Are you going to the AO meet in SC on Nov 22? I will be there and would love to help motivate her to get out and play. If she has any questions just have her PM me.

edweird
10-05-2003, 09:11 PM
I think im noticing a disturbing trend of AO women that need to be carried to the field :P

Dayspring
10-05-2003, 09:17 PM
ZING! ;)

Originally posted by Doobie

Now...that's a first!;) :D

Nachos
10-05-2003, 09:24 PM
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/attention.php

heh... yeah.

Trina
10-06-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by edweird
I think im noticing a disturbing trend of AO women that need to be carried to the field :P

Guess we all have to start somewhere....:D

wyn1370
10-06-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Gunga
Wyn's truck even made it in the article! Post tire-separation of course.
crap guess I'll have to renew my subscription

Trina
10-06-2003, 07:31 AM
Hey Wyn,
Check out Books-a-million, I've already seen last months copy there....just wish they'd hurry up and replace it with the latest one. :rolleyes: