PDA

View Full Version : Legit? Scam?

NJPaint
09-29-2003, 10:03 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3629367610

Guy has good feedback... And an E-mag... I have the current high bid, a bit more like what I think the value is...

MicroMiniMe
09-29-2003, 10:20 PM
Well, if you look at the items he bought through the feedback, they are machinist type items. That seems kosher with what his description and selling reason are all about. Looks like a good custom E-Mag. The question to ask would be is it in working order and does it have any chargers.

Steelrat
09-29-2003, 10:21 PM
Well, check with your credit card company. Some of them (Visa for one, I believe) will reimburse you if there is any fraud. Or just insist upon using an escrow service. Thats the safest bet.

BTW, most ebay sales dont really heat up until the end, and posting an auction for a cheap Emag on AO is like dropping fresh bait into a shark tank :)

sneakyhacker420
09-29-2003, 10:22 PM
lmao.. U-HAUL auction :rolleyes:

happy bidding :)

LaW
09-29-2003, 10:35 PM
i might be bidding on that :) that could be a steal for a bunch of crap ;)

NJPaint
09-29-2003, 10:40 PM
well, its not like I NEED another mag, and hey, whats wrong with returning an E-mag to AO? it looks like a nice gun, I sent him an e-mail about chargers and the serial number (just incase its been stolen or whatnot)

Pacifist_Farmer
09-30-2003, 08:13 AM
IMHO I'd watch it, did you look at the rest of the stuff in the group?

If I'm not mistaken theres a couple of Talons in there

Now who in there right mind owns two talons and an emag?

shartley
09-30-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Pacifist_Farmer
IMHO I'd watch it, did you look at the rest of the stuff in the group?

If I'm not mistaken theres a couple of Talons in there

Now who in there right mind owns two talons and an emag?
Yeah, now that is a good indicator of whether it is a legit sale or not. ;)

Every item is clearly located at the same place… note the carpet and wall?

As for how he acquired the items… sounds pretty feasible to me. Storage companies do similar things quite often.

If I had the extra funds I would seriously consider bidding on that one. You get a nice E-Mag and some spare stuff you can loan out in a pinch. I know my son has friends over that don’t always have their own equipment.

cledford
09-30-2003, 08:55 AM
Hmmm, I'm not so sure on this one - I would personally avoid it like the plague. My rational is this - storage company auctions are usually for the "savvy" in that area. They don't hang out a big sign that says "auction today." They usually either farm the auction out, or have a list of professionals who have the cash and established business to quickly liquidate the property. Is it impossible for someone to get in on one of these auctions? No, it isn't. Is it likely? I'd say not very. When you look at his transactions he has a handful - all where he appears to be the purchaser, not the seller.

I'm telling you right now that ANYTHING is possible, but if this guy was typical of the storage unit purchasers I'm familiar with he'd have sold tons of stuff online as well. You have to get your money back somehow. I just don't buy the fact that some jackaroo fell off the turnip trunk right in front of a Uhaul and happened across an auction.

Did you try to email him? Have him fax a copy of the receipt he received for the auction purchase. There is NO WAY a storage company sold off a unit without documenting it correctly.

-Calvin

joeski206
09-30-2003, 11:09 AM
yeah i saw that one too....... use escrow if your worried about The $$$$$....... he does only have 5 feedbacks..... or call him on the phone.... thats a lot of $$..... best of luck.....

JT2002
09-30-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by NJPaint
it looks like a nice gun, I sent him an e-mail about chargers and the serial number (just incase its been stolen or whatnot)
only problem is that AGD wont do that for you anymore. the only guns that are registered are any new guns such as xmags and the newer emags and such. all older guns arent available for serial # check anymore

crankydan
09-30-2003, 02:38 PM
You guys kill me, I cant believe you are asking if this guy is legit. Why in the world would you bet 525 bucks if there was even a thought of scam???? Here is a better one for all of you, do you really think it is worth that much? Lets see, no ule anything, no level 10 old out of hydro 3k tank. And you know you will go more than that just because it is blue(and let me add the pic isnt that good), plus anyone that invest money in a anno job is going to spend the extra 6 bucks for emag stickies. I think the guy is legit, but I am sure as hell not going to pay that kind of cash for something used. I mean why not pay 799 for a brand new one with Xvalve, level 10, Ule grip frame and soon to include Ule body.

Just my 2 cents.

GA Devil
09-30-2003, 03:40 PM
Storage auctions happen almost weekly around here. I think he may be legit. Ive seen someone win a storage unit auction for like 150 to find a harley stuffed in the back under boxes and bags of stuff. Seen a 69 chevy pick up in great condition won the same way. They dont let you look inside usually to see whats there. Its a gamble and looks like he won.