PDA

View Full Version : i am a bad person

SIGSays
09-29-2003, 11:11 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3628981995&category=47250&rd=1

i kind of feel bad for the guy.... and he sent me all the money plus an xtra $15 for shipping...

and i withdrew the money already... :( what do you think i should do?

vf-xx
09-29-2003, 11:27 PM
not really. While I personally don't think much of people who sell "info" that can be easily misconstrued as an actual product, ebay is buyer beware country. It was clearly labeled as info. So long as you sent him the info you're clean.

But SHAME SHAME on you!!!

Restola
09-29-2003, 11:31 PM
I think its a lousy thing to do (posting what you did for sale), and its against Ebays rules as far as I know.

I would apologize for the misunderstanding and return his money, or watch yourself get more negative feedback.

Kevmaster
09-29-2003, 11:34 PM
I am very much against people selling 'wholesale places' and whatnot. However, you DID sign a legal contract with him stating just that: you will give him info to get a $975 marker. Give him his info and maybe he will learn a lesson...albeit an expenseive one

Cliffio
09-29-2003, 11:36 PM
forget that, i would totally keep the money, it was a legal ebay auction, i think, and 2 other people bid near 100 bucks.

if your that stupid to not READ and bid, then thats YOUR fault.

keep the money, the sale was clearly for info.

altho, i believe the only place you can even get a mamba is from cobra, so... why in the hell would you even bid on this is beyond me.

Cliff

ZAust
09-30-2003, 12:13 AM
youre not a bad person. the auction clearly stated what it was for, and he bid on it. you were not misleading in any way. it was a straight up auction.

Cliffio
09-30-2003, 12:30 AM
i know what kind of world i live in, the real world, while it isnt pretty and it isnt fair, just because some guy was in obviously a BIG hurry to bid, being that the aution said INFO, thats wouldnt be my problem. Hopfully he will be more carful next time.

The guy isnt being ripped off, he bid on info and he won that info, he paid the price that he bid, just because HE thought he might get a gun, thats his own fault.

Cliffio
09-30-2003, 12:43 AM
i think that depends on each person, obviously you would give him his money back, i would not. Is it honest, no not really, but on the other hand, its not my fault. However, like i said there were 2 other people who bid 100, so its not like some joker came along at the end and just didnt read, multiple people either thought this was a good deal, or what just too stupid to read the 2 sentence description.

but he is not getting ripped off, its a mistake he made.

Cliffio
09-30-2003, 12:58 AM
eh, the telemarkers are TRYING to be confusing and back handed, sigsays was not. That would be a big difference if you ask me. just in what you said, being suckered, sigsays was not TRYING to get this guy to bid 100 bucks, thats why he feels a little bad about it.

i would call them uninformed, however it is your own responsibility(sp) to know exactly what you are bidding on, thats one of the things that i thought ebay wanted to get across to every person who uses their site. I agree that maybe if he things its the right thing to do, give the guy some/all of his money back, but i think that sigsays should not have to do anything.

Cliffio
09-30-2003, 01:11 AM
i would also wonder is it the amount of money that is making the decision? if this were 25 dollars or 50 dollars what would be the reaction?

bornl33t
09-30-2003, 05:22 AM
I can tell you one thing... you're feed back alone would stop me from bidding on something. Especially your replies to negative/neutral feedback. And it IS illegal to sell anything less then an actuall product on E-bay. E-bay will undo this transaction if the buyer requests it. And E-bay owns paypal now.

good luck

jdev
09-30-2003, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by ZAust
youre not a bad person. the auction clearly stated what it was for, and he bid on it. you were not misleading in any way. it was a straight up auction.

hes got a point there. it was clear cut as to what he was selling.

hell, I did the same thing with a PS2 box. JUST THE BOX, and someone bid like $50 bucks on it.

while I agree with alot of posts here, i think the selling of this info is bogus.. considering the process you have to go through to actually get the product. for those of you who dont know, here is how it commonly goes (yes, I know because $1 and curiosity got the better of me.. )

what you do is buy the auction. pay, seller sends you a link to a website to get the product. only catch is this. the website is not selling the product you are looking for. they are selling e-books.

you will now have to buy ONE ebook to get yourself in the running for this item. you then have to get, usually 10-15 other people (depending on the price of the e-book, they usually run between $75 and $150) to also buy an ebook. good luck finding 10-15 other suckers out there. though there do seem to be an abundance of them buying the auction.

In good conscience, I couldnt see how you would sell this "INFORMATION" for $100 beans, and on top of that, you had the stones to charge him shipping..

If I were you, I would settle for auction listing fees and such, send him the info, and call it a day. next time, if there is a next time, set a buy it now price, of like $5-10.

.joe.

PyRo
09-30-2003, 06:48 AM
How are you charging $15 for shipping a URL. And selling info like that is just mean.

-Jôker-
09-30-2003, 07:30 AM
dude_return_ALL_the_money_AND_tell_him_where_to_bu y_it!

That improper signature is a violation. Do that again and I will ban you - cphilip

Yudanja
09-30-2003, 08:30 AM
I think that is totally bogus. Selling "knowledge of where to buy" on ebay is crappy. Legal or not.

I think it speaks for your character that you are even willing to consider keeping it. Yes, its a chunk of change, someone may have worked thier butts off for that. Dont scam them out of it.

*edit* I was thinking he sent you the full money for the marker...

MiniMag84
09-30-2003, 08:54 AM
BWhahahahah! That's hilarious. It's his bad for not reading the product description.

PyRo
09-30-2003, 10:36 AM
Man if you really want to be a dirtbag, atleast be an honest dirtbag. Do what I do, drive around for a few hours around 2am with some friends on garbage day, pick up anything that looks like it has some value. Then in the morning sort through it and sell whats good on ebay. I have 26 auctions going right now for stuff I pulled out of the garbage. Althought it is a scumbag thing to do, I don't have to feel bad about it :)

*ArKfEaR*
09-30-2003, 02:57 PM
Send me the $100 dollars, you keep the $15 and say it was me who made the auction.

Seriously.

Restola
09-30-2003, 03:48 PM
If its against Ebay policy then its no more of a "legal contract" than if someone bid on your kidney.

In any case, you keep the money you'll get negative feedback. Probably doesn't matter much to you since you already screwed up one sale a couple months back.

This is why buyers and sellers should always check feedback. When I read "misleading information!" in someone's feedback (which will be in SIG's shortly), I will not bid, and I won't accept their bid if I'm selling.

SIGSays wont be able to do this much longer. But keep at it if all you want is quick cash.

RRfireblade
09-30-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by ZAust

If that was true,the TITLE would say "IR3 purchasing info".

Those sales are always intended to mislead and take advantage.While it may be legit,it's still lowlife,dirtball garbage.

What was your intentions originally if now,after it's to late,you "feel bad"?

Do you actually have the info purchased?
Did you state that there is NO lifetime warranty on those as is uaually the case with Cobra?
How can you be sure of stock on a closeout item?

Nice work.

snoogans
09-30-2003, 03:59 PM
jus send the damn money back to him, think about if u were like 11 getting into paintballing and u think u just found a great deal on an angel like that, IMO that is sick+twisted :rolleyes:

Bad_Dog
09-30-2003, 04:10 PM
I hate auctions like that (no offense), I'd say give him his money back but keep the $3.00 which was the starting bid, tell him the info you sold him and be done with it.

Just think if it was you that made the $102.50 mistake, or maby it's a kid trying to get into the sport. I think you should feel sympathy for the person and put yourself in thier shoes. Everyone makes mistakes...

Send them an email and explain the situation, see what they have to say, ask them if they actually knew that they were bidding on the info or the marker.

oh yah... and you get my first MEAN icon... :mad: :)

nt2004
09-30-2003, 04:22 PM
thats a bit sad. its porbably some kid bragging to all his friends about how he just bought an angel and then he gets a URL. I hate people who sell "info" you should be a bit ashamed that you sank that low

Kai
09-30-2003, 04:26 PM
You should go to hell.

snoogans
09-30-2003, 04:30 PM
I SECOND THAT NOTION!!:D

SIGSays
09-30-2003, 07:12 PM
sorry guys... i felt bad for him so i said.. you give me posotive feedback and i will send you a 100% refund. then the idiot gives me neutral and says no shipping, i don't repsond yadda yadda... so now i did the right thing and said just leave me pos. feed and you will get a 100% refund.

forget that... i am keeping the dough and this guy is 18. he said he was in college.. i mean come on .. your in college and you don't read? lesson learned.

PyRo
09-30-2003, 07:16 PM
Hmm, so you offered him a refund and all he said was he wasn't going to pay the shipping charge, but would pay the rest?
What used to be a really big scam was with yahoo auctions people wouldn't mention it was a URL then they would change the description shortly before the auction ended. I havn't seen that happen in a long time though.

SIGSays
09-30-2003, 07:20 PM
he said i didn't list shipping price...

and i never changed the item description.. i put it up 5 days ago and look at the starting day.. 5 days ago..

item description is unchanged. i never added or subtracted anything.

PyRo
09-30-2003, 07:23 PM
I wasn't saying you did, its just a scam on yahoo that people used alot. This guy sounds like a moron. You probably ripped off a "special" kid :)

SIGSays
09-30-2003, 07:35 PM
HAHAHA check this out:

i did read the coments made by the other people on that last email and
it does make me look like a jackass that though away over 100 buck and
if you arnt nicce enough to refund it than that is exactly what i did. i
saw the gun with 2 minutes left in the auctoin so i bid without reading
the description (totaly my fault). but i thought an angel for around a
100 bucks no way gotto bid on it but i leaped before i looked and
screwed my self so if you decide to refund my money i will have learned
a lesson but at least it will only be 20 bucks and not 100bucks so just
please think it over and decide what you are going to do because there
is nothing more i can do its out of my hands. i did all i could about
the feedback and told that other guy to contact you about the info so
its up to you to decide.
thanx

he says he would keep the money too and it sounds like he's saying it's up to me.. i'll probably give him some back

PyRo
09-30-2003, 07:38 PM
How many times have I seen an auction about to end at a really low price and said this is too good to be true. And it almost always is. I have a center console on the way that I did that with, I think it is legit, but the description was lacking I will find out soon enough i guess.

cphilip
09-30-2003, 08:23 PM
You agreed to eBays seller policy. Then you completely disregaurded it. According to eBay that is an illegal item. Selling a URL or Any item off eBay.

Listings of URLs that offer buyers the opportunity to purchase items outside of eBay are prohibited.

Thats straight off the site.

Not only will and should it be cancelled and the money refunded but your account should be suspended. And I can tell you this. I certainly will not do any business with you. Everyone that is rationalizing this and supporting it is also on my list of suspected scoundrels. I notice quite a few that do not agree with what you did. Heat and a few others. I respect that. Good to see that.

Do the right thing. What you did was clearly wrong. And you know it.

Steelrat
09-30-2003, 08:35 PM
Wow, last night I was so in the minority that I deleted my posts rather than martyr myself here like I have in so many other posts lately. Good to see the day crew has a little more moral fiber.

ERut
09-30-2003, 08:39 PM
I think if he really wanted to he could legally force you to give it back... but you'd be a much more upstanding guy if you did it yourself.

Member #1648 of CPPA.... go post htis on the CPPA forums and see what those guys tell you to do:rolleyes:

SIGSays
09-30-2003, 09:23 PM
lol i know i know... i will give him a refund.. he agreed to cover for ebay / paypal charges

hehehehe

yeahthatsme
09-30-2003, 09:40 PM
now that you've decided...how about sharing the link :D

Cliffio
09-30-2003, 11:00 PM
the link, like i said is the only place that you can buy a cobra ir3 in the first place, cobrapaintball.com

Cliff

Steelrat
09-30-2003, 11:02 PM
Yeah, theyre blowing the IR3s out cheap.

Sparq
09-30-2003, 11:11 PM
As cphilip pointed out, it is a violation of eBay rules. Even if that were not the case, I feel that just because something is technically legal or in accordance with rules does not mean it's a good, or even decent thing to do. As if eBay wasn't already loaded with enough bogus listings, we've also go these "grey area" auctions that hover between 'let the buyer beware' and 'amateur con artist'.